We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What quest packs do I buy to get from lvl 48-50 to lvl 60-65?

Hi guys, I really need help to get from lvl 48 to at least 60. I finishes Misty Mountains and just got my first legendary weapons in Echad Dunaan (Eregion). I'm a hunter who needs suggestions and help to make some sort of list of what I need to buy for my goals. Please write some quest packs in a order of lvl. I thought of buying Eregion and then Moria but I don't know. Please help me!
    Ameduii
    Last edited by Ameduii; Jan 20 2013 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameduii View Post
    Hi guys, I really need help to get from lvl 48 to at least 60. I finishes Misty Mountains and just got my first legendary weapons in Echad Dunaan (Eregion). I'm a hunter who needs suggestions and help to make some sort of list of what I need to buy for my goals. Please write some quest packs in a order of lvl. I thought of buying Eregion and then Moria but I don't know. Please help me!
    Ameduii
    The obvious and most important pick would be Moria which covers level 50-60, and is the only questpack which covers that level range.
    At level 48 you should be able to start questing in Moria, but if you wish to gain a few levels first then Eregion would be a good choice (covers level 47-50 IIRC.)
    After passing through Moria you will end up in Lothlorien. The quests there only cover level 59-60, but the reputation vendors have some decent stuff, and it can be a nice change of pace to do some quests there after the darkness of Moria.

For levels 61-65 you can pick either Mirkwood or Enedwaith.

If you're 48 I don't think you'd need Eregion, though personally I quite like the area. Moria would still be a better choice however. After that, I like Enedwaith more than Lothlorien, since climbing up in the trees all the time is a pain. Also Enedwaith has two factions that you can earn rep with, the Grey Company and Alraig, whereas Lothlorien only has the Galadhrim and Mirkwood the Malledhrim.

Thank you for the help!

I don't remember all the lvls for each qp. But I planned buying Eregion, Moria and then the qp just outside Moria.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameduii View Post
    I don't remember all the lvls for each qp. But I planned buying Eregion, Moria and then the qp just outside Moria.
    http://archive.lotro.com/lotrostores...re-quest-packs this shows all the qps (minus RoR expansion) by their general level range. Enedwaith will obviously carry you much further than Mirkwood can, possibly a better choice for you.

And I also heard you have to be friend stance with the faction in Mirkwood to be allowed entry.

You can start moria as soon as you complete that prologue bit. It might be a bit tricky to start with as the mobs will be slightly higher than you. Give that a go and it might save you having to buy a quest pack to fill a few levels.

If you've not done so it's worth heading to sarnur and working up the rep with thorins hall so you can buy yourself a goat mount, regular horses and ponies dont work in the long dark so getting that goat speeds up travel nicely as well as giving xp and cash. I believe the revamp gives a free goat but if it's the one I think it is you'll get dismounted everytime a mouse farts.

Moria can easily take you into the early 60's if you quest and kill in every area, which in turn will allow you to skip straight into mirkwood and avoid the tree hugging nonsense that happens in the golden wood. At one point the epic will become split and you can skip a bit and head into mirkwood around 60, I'd encourage you to follow the epic rather than jump ahead and go back as it breaks the flow of the storyline.

Only gating to get into mirkwood is the prologue for that part of the epic story, similar kind of thing you get for entry to moria.

Lothlorien elves are a bit funny about entry to their city, nowadays you can safely wander past the borders the same way the orcs of old could. Since RoR there's a handy rope by the gate to get inside if you never bothered about repping up with them.

Mirkwood should take you beyond the level but at 65 the volume 3 can be started by visiting an elf in rivendell. Just completing volume 2 and doing the volume 3 stuff should take you into dunland and let you skip buying enedwaith.

Likewise dunland should let you level enough that you can skip buying the great river and just follow the epic into rohan.

That's a lot of information, thank you, much appreciated.

Was levelling my captain over the weekend and something occurred to me. Quest deeds in eregion could have unlocked a lot of swift travel in that area for me. Thankfully I had done enough to unlock the rivendell to gwingris one as that is an incredibly long ride without it.

Might not be a factor for you, either by the level your hunter is or account status, but it was something that might change my levelling route in future.

Other thing that I've just thought of is that at 65 you get mails about two possible paths. One is a quest item to direct you into RoI territory and the other just suggests you go visit an npc. Make a note of who it tells you about and go visit them as that is where the volume starts with some pretty decent rewards as well as making a bit more sense of the company you keep in your journey to isenguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneydie View Post
    Was levelling my captain over the weekend and something occurred to me. Quest deeds in eregion could have unlocked a lot of swift travel in that area for me. Thankfully I had done enough to unlock the rivendell to gwingris one as that is an incredibly long ride without it.

Might not be a factor for you, either by the level your hunter is or account status, but it was something that might change my levelling route in future.
    There's a Hunter skill you acquire in Eregion - Guide to Echad Dunnan - which ports you next to the gate to the area outside Moria. Have to complete an exploration deed to gain the skill. You also get 5TP for the deed. Don't need the Eregion QP to do this specific deed. It's open to anyone because it needs to be available to Hunters for a skill.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    [url]http://www.theoldergamers.com[/url]

I've got a lot of suggestions from kin and from you on this thread. But I decided to buy Moria, Lothlorien and then Enedwaith. I've recently started my journey in Moria. It's going to be fun.