We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Solution to Mord Band QQ

1: make freep version attainable via lootboxes that only drop in the moors and that can only work in moors.

2: increase cooldown of all versions by 5 min

IDK just a thought. If you have a better idea, please post.

Remove the immunity to slows and change the CD to 15m.
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

Better to have them work as they were perhaps intended.
    Those that have them can keep them, but they should be barred from use until correct rank requirements are met.

I threw half cooked marshmallows at the Wargs, but nothing seemed to stop them...

Quote Originally Posted by Kethean View Post
    Better to have them work as they were perhaps intended.
    Devs don't tell you how something is intended, everything works as intended....

Anyhow i could agree to freeps obtaining a version of them HOWEVER
    I would say that it could only be obtained by a box found in the moors, a simple ettenmoors-lootbox

If you think about it, why would turbine trade QQing freeps against brands for QQing creeps wanting refunds for purchased keys on a removed/nerfed item?
    They could solve all the QQing by adding the item to freepside while making money out of key sales.....
    Knowing turbine if they want to solve the QQing and be smart money-wise that's the smartest/best thing they can do.
    I don't think creeps would whine about them getting it, i don't believe freeps would whine about a great unbalance....

Anyhow, i believe the next update is near....

Ex
    Last edited by MTminas; Jan 20 2013 at 06:23 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000241100/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by MTminas View Post
    I don't think creeps would whine about them getting it, i don't believe freeps would whine about a great unbalance....
    Freeps are reliant on CC for class balancing skillsets/interrupts/etc.

Creeps are reliant on DoT for DPS/CC/Skillsets/etc.

And since Freep and Creep skillsets shouldn't be mirrored, I think Frodo Brand should provide DoT immunity for 1m.

I don't think Creeps would whine.
    Last edited by BrittainTheCommie; Jan 20 2013 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    If you have a better idea, please post.
    Yes a much simpler one, and one that would actually help the game instead of just dealing with QQ.

REMOVE IT FROM THE GAME!

I really can't believe people actually defending the existance of such an item. Yeah you might use it if you have it, most of the people would do so. But trying to explain why you need such a gamebreaking item is beyond stupidity.

This item is a joke, and everyone who has played pvp in any mmo knows it.

People who defending the existance of these brands are either easymoders or simply &&&&&&&&.
    ~Nimolas R11 Warden (Retired before RoR) (Snowbourn)

~Eralwen R10 hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post
    Yes a much simpler one, and one that would actually help the game instead of just dealing with QQ.

REMOVE IT FROM THE GAME!

I really can't believe people actually defending the existance of such an item. Yeah you might use it if you have it, most of the people would do so. But trying to explain why you need such a gamebreaking item is beyond stupidity.

People who defending the existance of these brands are either easymoders or simply &&&&&&&&.
    This sums it up perfectly. Nothing more to add.

Creeps whined forever about unbalance, and rightly so. Now freeps are and creeps are loving it. How loud will creeps whine when the pendulum AGAIN swings too far the other way and creeps become punching bags?

Dont remove it from the game, but make a maximum rank instead of a minimum. I think r8 would be ok. At least that will make some difference for the poor greeniedots walking around and getting targeted first all the time.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

The rank brands were supposed to be used like a cd skill, now so many creeps having a mord brand is causing a massive unbalance and makes the normal rank brand completly redundand.
    I would suggest to make the mordiriths brand a passive skill that allows you to use your normal rank brand in combat instead of ooc only. That way it gives a nice bonus for the lucky ones that have got one, but also isnt causing too much troubble and makes the rank brand worth having again.
    ---------------------------------------------- Ledrogama cpt R9, Morrix mini R11, 6 other toons lvl 85 R5-R7 ------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Proud Officer of Doombiscuits -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Ledro View Post
    The rank brands were supposed to be used like a cd skill, now so many creeps having a mord brand is causing a massive unbalance and makes the normal rank brand completly redundand.
    I would suggest to make the mordiriths brand a passive skill that allows you to use your normal rank brand in combat instead of ooc only. That way it gives a nice bonus for the lucky ones that have got one, but also isnt causing too much troubble and makes the rank brand worth having again.
    ^ Genious
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

REMOVE IT FROM THE GAME!

Funny thing is 95% of the freeps on my server that have some sort of a creep and whined about brands, have all fliped to creepside this weekend and have been farming boxes.

I would not have minded it never existing, however for someone spending money on keys your trading one rant for another.
    Balancing it out is turbines best choice which can be done by a nerf which will get some QQ, or by adding something similar to freepside.....
    Unless turbine thinks it's working like we planned which in their view it may, otherwise they wouldn't have changed the item from R15 to Rankless....

Ex
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000241100/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

maybe someone or Turbine is curious where they came

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...13#post6629413

two craids and others 50 creeps farming in HH .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yGIv...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Woromis; Jan 21 2013 at 05:49 AM.
    Woromis RK rank 13 Battlemaster , Reaver Slayer & Stalker Slayer
    Champ 85 , LM 85 ,burg 65 , Hunter 65
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000010bf22/signature.png]Woromis[/charsig]

Give Freeps a parallel and reduce the duration to 20s or whatever the store equivalent is.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Woromis View Post
    maybe someone or Turbine is curious where they came

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...13#post6629413
    I love how they always try to negotiate things down to "freeps are bad because they are lazy from being OP.. L2P/Adapt". It's like reading a middle school book report on why Persia lost to Greece. I wonder when they will realize that the same people who play freep play creep, and they come from the same pool of humanity.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    Freeps are reliant on CC for class balancing skillsets/interrupts/etc.

Creeps are reliant on DoT for DPS/CC/Skillsets/etc.

And since Freep and Creep skillsets shouldn't be mirrored, I think Frodo Brand should provide DoT immunity for 1m.

I don't think Creeps would whine.
    That sounds like a great idea! Some other neat ideas

Frodo's amulet of reflection (100%, 30 seconds)
    Frodo's Phial of Galadriel (whopping debuff for all nearby creeps, and all affected spiders drop dead on use)
    Frodo's tactical nuclear device (only whiners would object)

Anyway, the real problem with the Brand seems to be the prevalence as well as the lack of any requirements. If a few lucky creeps had it (or it had some rank requirement at least), it wouldn't matter any more than a few freeps getting first ages or other goodies (not saying it is the same, just saying it doesn't effect overall balance much). That said, it isn't all that much worse balance wise than creeps being able to buy top end skills...

Can't say it seems all that likely to change, either. People get very upset when their toys are taken away...

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    Frodo's Phial of Galadriel (all affected spiders drop dead on use)
    Oh man. YES. I would farm all day every day for that, because I would wipe out 75% of my server's Creep population.

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    That sounds like a great idea! Some other neat ideas

Frodo's amulet of reflection (100%, 30 seconds)
    Frodo's Phial of Galadriel (whopping debuff for all nearby creeps, and all affected spiders drop dead on use)
    Frodo's tactical nuclear device (only whiners would object) buy top end skills...
    lol xD I agree with you
    Brandywine

I have to disagree now though, no dot's means:

Spiders do no damage since almost all skills are dots
    Reaver's impale is gone
    BA's do still exactly the same damage.

What would happen is mainly ROI, 5-6BA's per raid while only having 1-2 spiders/reavers and that thing would do nothing for freeps while creeps having brands.

Honestly, what would happen if everyone was R15? it's the same brand......

Ex

Wait, so if a class is reliant on a certain part of their skillset to perform properly and effectively, providing items that completely negate that part of their skillset shouldn't be allowed?

So, it's fine if it doesn't affect you but you're in disagreement if it does?

Colour me surprised.

You find me a server in the history of LoTRO where players of both factions were all Rk 15 and I'll entertain your ridiculous hyperbole.

Actually, don't. You have to be one of the most uneducated LoTRO PvPers and frankly, ain't nobody got time for that.

Reaver's impale is gone
    BA's do still exactly the same damage.

What would happen is mainly ROI, 5-6BA's per raid while only having 1-2 spiders/reavers and that thing would do nothing for freeps while creeps having brands.

Ex
    Typical Easymoder's logic: "Everything that does not affect me is fine".

Did you see now how classes that rely on CC to win fights feel about that joke brand?

Did you played at RoI on spider at all? When the spider class was actually relying on cc to win fights and wasnt what it is now (god mode for most freep classes)? How nice was it when the x freep class poped a brand and facerolled the spid. ?

People have to turn their googles off and see how something affects pvp in general, rather than focusing only to what affects them.

~Eralwen R10 hunter

Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    You find me a server in the history of LoTRO where players of both factions were all Rk 15 and I'll entertain your ridiculous hyperbole.[/I]
    Bullroarer.

Now PM me so we can arrange that entertainment!

lolololol nice post tho + rep

~Eralwen R10 hunter

Although I still think that non-skill-based CC removals (brands and pots) are asinine, it seems to me that the fairest thing to do would be to just make the Mord brands equivalent to whatever rank brand a creep would have access to - as others have suggested.

Removing them from the game is certainly not an option for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that it brings me great amusement to see how many people defend the brands by claiming that a Loremaster's Stun Immunity does the same thing (ignorance is ever amusing...).

Maybe add a freep version as well, although that'd probably require figuring out a way to create Moors-only lootboxes on freepside. Plus, that'd give us the amusing spectacle of creeps raiding HH and freeps raiding Grothum, with but a few randoms on the rest of the map actually trying to PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    Removing them from the game is certainly not an option for a number of reasons
    Okay, seriously now? Name me ONE reasonable reason that this item needs to exist.

It seems you can't argue with some people's logic...

~Eralwen R10 hunter

Okay, seriously now? Name me ONE reasonable reason that this item needs to exist.

It seems you can't argue with some people's logic...
    Asking me to name a reason that it needs to exist is a different request than asking me to give reasons that it can't be removed. I'm not saying that it needs to exist - I even opened by saying that I think brands (and pots) as a whole are asinine, which essentially means that I don't think that they should exist. I said that it can't be removed at this point.

Indeed it is difficult to argue with some people's logic, and I'm sure it becomes all the more difficult when you're confused about what the other person is asserting.

Since it's not my position that they need to exist, I won't be giving any reasons for their existence, but I will oblige you by reiterating a reason for not removing them that someone else in this thread already mentioned: people have spent TP (and, quite possibly, RL cash) for Sturdy Keys to open lootboxes in hopes of obtaining the Mordirith's Brands. While Turbine is free to make changes to the game as it sees fit, and existing items and features have been removed before, I can't think of a single example in which a permanent, paid-for-with-TP item has been flat-out removed from the game, and I can't imagine that even Turbine is willing to deal with the backlash of doing something like that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast