We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I've seen plenty of people complain about brands, many of whom later alt to their creep to farm loot boxes for their own brand.

Meh, I'm not bothered by them, if they want to brand before every fight so be it, that just means we've got to try different tactics right? So that warg is getting away, dot him up, it's kind of funny seeing them Hips and then seeing your dot kill him a distance away. All I want to know, is where's our brand eh? :P kind of annoying being unable to do anything because I've been stunned or what have you. I want a brand on my freep lol

On that note, seems like every time I alt to my creep, no one is farming, sigh. But then again even if I did manage to get a loot box I don't have keys nor do I wish to spend tp given that I've got more than one account and no moneys to spend on tp, but it is what it is ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    I've seen plenty of people complain about brands, many of whom later alt to their creep to farm loot boxes for their own brand.

Meh, I'm not bothered by them, if they want to brand before every fight so be it, that just means we've got to try different tactics right? So that warg is getting away, dot him up, it's kind of funny seeing them Hips and then seeing your dot kill him a distance away. All I want to know, is where's our brand eh? :P kind of annoying being unable to do anything because I've been stunned or what have you. I want a brand on my freep lol

On that note, seems like every time I alt to my creep, no one is farming, sigh. But then again even if I did manage to get a loot box I don't have keys nor do I wish to spend tp given that I've got more than one account and no moneys to spend on tp, but it is what it is ^_^
    Last time i checked my freep (although its been about 5 months since i pvp'd, i had a brand). So either they took them away from freeps or your just ignorant.

And to you whiny little $%$#@!#, just gather the numbers to counter the horde or don't play.

A.K.A. The dark prince.
    Last edited by JaredCoulter; Jan 22 2013 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredCoulter View Post
    Last time i checked my freep (although its been about 5 months since i pvp'd, i had a brand). So either they took them away from freeps or your just ignorant.

And to you whiny little $%$#@!#, just gather the numbers to counter the horde or don't play.

A.K.A. The dark prince.
    The lack of comprehension is strong in this one...

I don't even know how you got the impression the person you quoted thinks freeps have brands.

Also, seeing the phrase "your [sic] just ignorant" always amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by kurrency420 View Post
    Fact of the matter is, if you was on lotro this weekend farming boxes. You need to find something better to do with your time.

And yes it is a exsample of how bad it is atm in the moors. What happened to going out to kill things lol. Now ill glady say yes i got a mord brand had it when they wasnt even usable. I still kill time at work at DC farming, of course but to make an effort of getting 20 ppl in one place at a time to greatly incress your chance of boxes is dumb. Loot boxes is turbines form of crack :P
    I agree the moors is for killing, however there needs to be freeps for us to kill, this particular weekend was extremely poor for us, i must say if it were the freeps farming boxes i betcha we would have made a raid to prevent any kind of farming boxes, just like the freeps should have.

Many players multi-box, meaning that all the afk toons are free infamy and comms it's an easy target for a quick in and a quick out, crushing the actives first then taking down the rest

Ex

Quote Originally Posted by MTminas View Post
    I agree the moors is for killing, however there needs to be freeps for us to kill, this particular weekend was extremely poor for us, i must say if it were the freeps farming boxes i betcha we would have made a raid to prevent any kind of farming boxes, just like the freeps should have.

Many players multi-box, meaning that all the afk toons are free infamy and comms it's an easy target for a quick in and a quick out, crushing the actives first then taking down the rest

Ex
    Killing ./follow bots is not some people's idea of good time in pvp. How is killing a ton of freavers not fighting back once the 'head' creep is dead significantly different that farming your own freavers?
    A huge creepside 'opportunity' took place this weekend. You say that you would have gladly pvped if there were freeps out. Surely its obvious to you that all you extra numbers were from freeps who play both sides and wanted to take advantage of this 'opportunity'.

Open world pvp is what the players make of it. Vet creeps went out and multi-box farmed when they QQ about freeps multi-box farm freavers, Vet creeps spent the whole weekend farming HH when they QQ about freeps PvEing in the moors. And I'm sure vet creeps were more than willing to group and help kill hobbits in HH all day with freep flippers that would have otherwise been their opposition in a normal weekend of PvP.

The farming groups on E were only concerned with maintaining some OPs from what I saw and basically avoided freeps any time they showed up in force somewhere, maybe you would have gone to fight freeps if they showed, but I sincerely doubt that is the case for the majority of the people farming with you.

as a creep i like my brands, i have 3. Its so good avoid CCs. I can kill freeps without care with roots, slows, stuns and etc.

as a freep i hate brands, with burglar i cant stun, slow or mez... basically i am a champ with medium armour without all that area hits. As a rk i cant snare or stun and i am a big glass freep that cant do much to keep creeps away from me.

i just dont understand why creeps have brands and freeps dont.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    How is killing a ton of freavers not fighting back once the 'head' creep is dead significantly different that farming your own freavers?
    The answer is simple,yet perhaps not obvious enough.. Farming your own toons is completely set up by you,you can and you will come back as often with them as you like/need,and there is no way that the toon will ever fight back or get defended (unless you get cought ofc.)

Killing a ton of afk/follow freavers is something that wasnt set up by you,they had the choice to do so and you did what is expected of you,go out there and kill other players. It will most likely be acompanied by a active creep,so there is a chance you get a fight and have atleast to fight for the points etc,and they wont come back mindlessly for you to slaughter over and over and over..

Was that somewhat understandable? ^.^ Explaining such things isnt my strenght... But i guess you got the point of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    The answer is simple,yet perhaps not obvious enough.. Farming your own toons is completely set up by you,you can and you will come back as often with them as you like/need,and there is no way that the toon will ever fight back or get defended (unless you get cought ofc.)

Killing a ton of afk/follow freavers is something that wasnt set up by you,they had the choice to do so and you did what is expected of you,go out there and kill other players. It will most likely be acompanied by a active creep,so there is a chance you get a fight and have atleast to fight for the points etc,and they wont come back mindlessly for you to slaughter over and over and over..

Was that somewhat understandable? ^.^ Explaining such things isnt my strenght... But i guess you got the point of it.
    Absolutely got the point. My point was that the two aren't drastically different, and more importantly to me (probably a minority in this) once I've killed the active creep, it ceases being pvp and has no point, beyond 'farming' renown/comms.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredCoulter View Post

A.K.A. The dark prince.
    On the contrary, I believe it is you who needs to check again before commenting on something in which you clearly have no knowledge of. Furthermore, if you're going to comment on my 'ignorance' at least do it right, you're not your.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2