We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Build Critique

Build Critique

Here is my current build: http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20130120-axns-364kb

Can any pros out there give me some pointers. Is this okay? My main problem is I seem to be draining power very fast. I've recently retraited to 4 blues and added a fate legacy but not seeing a great deal of difference. But other than that, am I on the right path. I seem to be a bit low on physical mastery from what I've seen of other builds, and I could also do with a little more agility. What about my critical? I know my relics could be better, but I'm saving shards for the first agers.

That's pretty good. I'd say you're low on vit (but not on morale), a bit high on finesse, a bit low on PM and that fearless heart with +icmr should be another everlasting breath, if you're not going for true relics here. The melee crit multiplier legacy also isn't very good: in a group, how often are you meleeing? I'd go with Maximum Targets for AoE Skills instead.

The main thing I reckon you should work on next is vitality; to keep up your mitigations which can be vital. That shot doesn't include the mitigations, but I presume they could be relatively low due to the vitality, so try to find jewellery and/or equipment that offers more vitality whilst maintaining agility - they do exist.

You can also compare yourself to the average stats of other players at your level to see how you are doing at: http://ttahvo.webatu.com/ (Stat Check)

Mitigations: Phy 7291, Tac 3638

Yeah you're right about the melee critical, I suppose a couple of quick shots and a pen shot would be better in melee range. I think I'll swap it out for a vitality legacy and perhaps stick one on the bow too.

Wow big screen.

DPS wise you have very good crit, a bit low agi and lowish PM I'd say, try to get the True Rune of the White Mountains on both of your weapon, lots of PM on it. Don't worry about changing LIs, there are always Relic Removal Scrolls in AH

Low vit is probably caused by the usage of Eomer jewellery - they all have good morale but not a tiny bit of vit; maybe get Shadowstalker's Stud, the ring from Durchest, 75 vit on each piece. Virtue-wise ya may want to replace compassion with innocence, since the +400-ish non combat power regen is completely useless in instances.

About LIs - replace the HS damage with a vit? Since you are going 3r, HS has 2 min CD so does not worth a legacy; and change melee crit to AoE target, fate to vit: in PvE a hunt shouldn't be using melee skills to DPS, and fate only adds some tiny bit of ICPR/ICMR/crit, a vit would be more useful.

Well some might ask why a AoE target instead of Beneath Notice CD: the CD one can be placed on a buffer weapon, just swamp it on when you need the skill

Power.. yea I run out of power in 40 sec full DPS, but who cares In raid I have cappies/LMs to take care about it, when solo just 1 piece of regen food, some power pots and Strength of the Earth when off CD, no power issue really

1 - Stats : As it has been said, low PM. Also low agility (2,5-2.6k could be achieved at 75) so are the jewels from skirms on level? And is the cloak the agility cloak?
    Isn't the LG 3-part jewellery set better than that one earring + that pocket + 1 of the ring?
    Also, i think you'll be better off with gwainnin (like farasillion said) or the hytbold agility one vs those crafted ones.
    Trait Determination. Your agility should be sitting at 3k and aproximately 38k PM when maxed.

2 - LIs: What they said +
    Max the needful haste legacy on sword, its probably the best legacy hunters have
    Also max barbed arrow bleed legacy and use that skill.

3 - Traits:
    Earthborn is awful untrait it. I would either put Intent Concentration (for a solo target environment and help with power) or Arrow Storm (if going for an AoE environment).
    And the Critical Eye is a very bad trait IMO. You're losing some serious DPS using a trait to increase stats rather than direct skill dmg output so please... trait True Shot! Extremely valuable trait in most situations.
    And get rid of compassion like said before (for determination)

Power is missing on both agility classes my friend, be happy you don't have a burglar or you would be crying.

Happy Hunting!

Replacing your settings with True Settings of the Three Hunters would add 300 icpr and 15% dev magnitude + a bit more mastery at the cost of 500 morale which over all is a very good deal.

You could pick the morale back up by replacing your Huntsman bracer with another Eomer or replacing your runes with Dark Woods (White Mountains if you're after maximum dps). If you dont want to splurge 10k shards on them at least replace the parry/icmp rune with another evade/icpr.

If you're raiding AOE targets is a must have imo. Heartseeker is a terrible skill to use and even worse to legacy for so I'd get rid of that.

Other stuff I'd change but thats a start

Your crit is too high and your PM could use a boost. I'd aim to find gear that will trade off one for the other. 10500 is all you need for raids and really you can go as low as 9500 and hit the dev blow cap at 10% when full raid buffed.

Okay, thanks for the suggestions. I've made some changes, mainly relics and the odd piece of jewellry, I'm going to have to chance drops from skraids etc to change up anything else.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20130127-4xef-339kb
    Last edited by Errastas; Jan 27 2013 at 03:34 PM.

still room for tweaks theres a really nice ring that drops in dungeons t2 (esayer to run it t2 than t1 ) 150 agility 35vitality and 388 pysical mastery will pump ur agility up abit higher you crit is about the same as my current build mines slightly higher with cappy buffs i hit crit cap 14.4k but ive also got 37k pysical mastery due to a few bits of skrim jewlery ( nice earing in the bree skrims 150 agility again ) some good braclets drop from goblin thrown room 150 agility again or theres the new golden braclets if you get lucky to find a resipe for them

Quote Originally Posted by bcdaedalus View Post
    still room for tweaks theres a really nice ring that drops in dungeons t2 (esayer to run it t2 than t1 ) 150 agility 35vitality and 388 pysical mastery will pump ur agility up abit higher you crit is about the same as my current build mines slightly higher with cappy buffs i hit crit cap 14.4k but ive also got 37k pysical mastery due to a few bits of skrim jewlery ( nice earing in the bree skrims 150 agility again ) some good braclets drop from goblin thrown room 150 agility again or theres the new golden braclets if you get lucky to find a resipe for them
    Yeah thanks, I'm pretty much at the mercy of the drops, and getting the runs. I know about the 150 ring and earring from skirms, but didn't know about the bracelets from throne room.

if you get in the runs ull have a field day getting them had 3 sets of golden hunter boots drop and a cupple of daggers trying to get them shame there bound to me the second i get them could of found them some good homes other than my valt