We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Raid hosting advice

I want to start hosting some raids but need some info on the mechanics, i.e. raid configuration and looting system.

To start with, I assume you select convert to raid as soon as you start getting a fellowship together. you then open up the social panel and you can drag the raid participants into seperate groups, distributing healers, tanks, etc as evenly as possible. Now say we have only 1 captain, and the whole 12 man raid needs a buff, I take it you let the cappy buff the first group of 6 (including himself), you then drag someone out of the second group and replace with the cappy, he then buffs the 5 in that group, then you need to drag the cappy to that one individual you pulled out of the second group to buff individually? Is that right?

And if there are 2 captains, obviously you put one in each group to buff, but do you then swap them to do double buff if that makes sense?

The looting system. What do I set this to? When I do a Durchest run, the raid leader normally loots the chest and the loot is randomly distributed without any roll/pass windows appearing. What looting option is that? Also, do I need to make any changes to the looting quality option when starting the raid, or just before opening the chest?

As far as skirmishes go, I see the master loot option being used. What are the options with that?
    Last edited by Errastas; Jan 20 2013 at 07:43 AM.

1) yes
    2) One captain per group. Buffs don't stack like that, so no switching.
    3) Usually you set it to Master Looter, and have everyone /roll at the end, and the highest roll picks what they want, then the next highest, etc. You need to change the loot rule before generating the chest. In Durchest and the new instances though, Turbine are experimenting with a new way of distributing loot: everyone has their own individual chance and there's no rolling or master looting.

Okay thanks. So if I was to start a BG run or any of the new 3 mans, it wouldn't matter what I set the looting to, it would just be automatically random? Or should I still set it to roll/pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Errastas View Post
    Okay thanks. So if I was to start a BG run or any of the new 3 mans, it wouldn't matter what I set the looting to, it would just be automatically random? Or should I still set it to roll/pass?
    it's all auto-assigned.. r/p doesn't work at all any more in those places, just like when you're doing bugud or landscape content.