We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

T1/T2 loot mixed up?

Last week, we just had a bit more time than usual and decided to run BG completely on T2CM. The loot was ... VERY underwhelming. On the following evening, we did it on T1 and got much better loot, e.g. twice as many symbols and crystals and more of the decent teal jewelry.

Were we particularly unlucky on our T2CM run? Or have other people observed the same loot behaviour which would implicate that the loot tables between T1/T2 are mixed up?

From reading the forums, I get the impression that there is also no significant difference between T1 and T2 loot in the 3- and 6-man instances. Same problem? Or is the difference between T1 and T2 too tiny to justify the additional effort for T2 and CM?

Of course, there are other reasons to do T2CM - just testing if you are up to the challenge. Here, I'm only asking if T2 and CM or the usually much faster T1 runs are the method of choice if you want to grind for particular items and optimize your chances.

you're just being confronted with the wonder called the random number generator..

Quote Originally Posted by rannion View Post
    you're just being confronted with the wonder called the random number generator..
    Not necessarily. In T2CM, you loot 6 chests with 12 people each, i.e. you have 72 random rolls. From several runs, the chance for a symbol in T1 seems to be roughly about 1/6. So, you’d expect 12 symbols in a whole T2CM run. In our run, we only got 5. The probability for such a bad or worse result would be 1.34% - assuming that T2 drop rate is not better than that of T1.

Just for that purpose, I would like to collect some information from other people as I cannot convince our raid to do another T2CM BG run. If somebody would confirm that they did T2CM and got at least the same loot as in T1, I would say - ok ... bad, bad RNG, we really made it to the 1% top of unlucky people.

i've only done a few t2cm runs (cba to, the place bores me to tears), but on 3 out of 4 runs total the loot has been comparable to the loot found on t1, after correcting for the fact that you get 2 chests rather than 1. I am not personally convinced the t2 normal chest gives better chances than t1, but obviously 4 runs is far too small a sample for that intuition to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by FinrodMacBeorn View Post
    Not necessarily. In T2CM, you loot 6 chests with 12 people each, i.e. you have 72 random rolls. From several runs, the chance for a symbol in T1 seems to be roughly about 1/6. So, you’d expect 12 symbols in a whole T2CM run. In our run, we only got 5. The probability for such a bad or worse result would be 1.34% - assuming that T2 drop rate is not better than that of T1.
    The challenge chests use a different loottable than the normal chests, I think without symbols, so just using symbols as indicator doesn't work. My understanding is that the challenge chests mainly increase your chance for gold-items from extremely low to very low.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    The challenge chests use a different loottable than the normal chest.
    No, because many people got Gold items in the normal chest in T1 instances...

all chests contain the same loot at boss. the higher the teir and higher the instance group size give an increased chance to drop.

the challange mode chest is just a second chest atm containing the same loot as the first.

IRock (dev) said there going to change it, challange will give a much higher chance and 3/6mans increased loot chance.

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    all chests contain the same loot at boss. the higher the teir and higher the instance group size give an increased chance to drop.

the challange mode chest is just a second chest atm containing the same loot as the first.

IRock (dev) said there going to change it, challange will give a much higher chance and 3/6mans increased loot chance.
    Nah, bro. By design the challenge chest never has purple/teal gear.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

Why even bother doing T2CM in Barad Guldur when you can do T1CM (Twins and LT). You will get one chest less (5 instead of 6) but it´s a lot faster and easier. But of course, if you like some challenge or kind of fun, keep with T2.
    Last edited by Freani; Jan 22 2013 at 03:12 AM.

With a good group its much more fun to do T2 challenge than mindless, brainless t1. Also loot could be quite nice. Last Sunday we made full t2 challenge run, our group got 11 symbols, 8 Riddermark crystals, 8 Riddermark loot boxes, several teal items and also 3 golden items (2 cappy shields and one mins shield). If you have good experienced group I would say that t2 challenge run is much better than t1 farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Freani View Post
    Why even bother doing T2CM in Barad Guldur when you can do T1CM (Twins and LT). You will get one chest less (5 instead of 6) but it´s a lot faster and easier. But of course, if you like some challenge or kind of fun, keep with T2.
    QFT

moar werdz
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000002964/01002/signature.png]Cassandra[/charsig]

[url]http://my.lotro.com/character/windfola/cassandra[/url]

Last T2c run we did as a kin was horrible loot. 4 symbols, 6 teals, 2 star lits and an ancient scroll case. Very much not worth the extra effort. However even on challenge mode its a pretty nice run and fairly relaxed raiding. From a loot standpoint not good.
    Formerly Derlan of Arkenstone, Thistlebeard of Crickhollow, Thistlehair of Brandywine. Once again Derlan of Arkenstone. Your Welcome for the $75 WB.

Auzue, Number (Arkenstone)