We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I don't have a MB, so can't comment on its effectiveness. However, if it is anywhere near as useful as having SI on an entire raid at all times, so long as the LMs are mindful, then... Damn straight I'd use a MB in RvRs to counter. Until then, the only thing to do is adapt and find a way around the enemy's strengths. Or, do as what many other people do these days: Pay to Win with store brands!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000b9311/signature.png]Mavirthael[/charsig]

6 Chestnut Street, Branway, Breeland, Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by Arnahk View Post
    Ok I'm not going to take what you say seriously from now on lol. Do you even know what the skill does? It reflects 100% of the damage done for 15 seconds, every 1min and half. Which means you can't hit the weaver for 15 seconds, every 1min and half, unless you want to blow yourself up. If it "didn't really do anything", your damage output must be terribly bad or you simply don't know what you're talking about.
    TC uses venom pips, so unless a spider is NOT going to use DD or VP, the TC skill will last 15sec only if all 5 pips are consumed. It is only useful when getting hit, and when focused on, the spider's health would already be draining enough to warrant the usage of pips for TC over DD or VP. People also seem to forget that while full impact damage is reflected, the spider also TAKES the damage, and with the lowest base health pool of all Creeps, it is a challenge to last the entirety of the TC while under full attack. Lastly, it doesn't reflect bleeds, so any competent Freep will know to avoid attacking with large impact attacks on a spider that GLOWS green, which should be a dead giveaway that TC is up, if only for a matter of 5-15sec.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000b9311/signature.png]Mavirthael[/charsig]

6 Chestnut Street, Branway, Breeland, Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by Aztec_Soul View Post
    any competent Freep will know to avoid attacking with large impact attacks on a spider that GLOWS green, which should be a dead giveaway that TC is up, if only for a matter of 5-15sec. .
    >implying freeps know how to look for glowing colors.
    Last edited by TheRealVang; Jan 24 2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: i hate trying to post from my phone
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000001d4b9/signature.png]Hawkdriver[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealVang View Post
    >implying freeps know how to look for glowing colors.
    Raidvsraid reflect is kinda whatever, so the unlucky person doesn't pay attention gets their morale low and creep raid finishes them off. small groups or especially 1v1, the amount of damage a spider can do in 15 seconds, makes it so alot of classes are screwed whether they ignore the glowy colours or not.. die to yourself or to the damage you sit there eating, that being said several other freep classes can easily run off/ignore reflect.
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

Quote Originally Posted by Aztec_Soul View Post
    any competent Freep will know to avoid attacking with large impact attacks on a spider that GLOWS green
    You'd be surprised how many people are blind to everything around them. I know people who don't understand the visual concept of inductions or which corruptions are removable, which not, and what's the difference between corruptions and inductions.

But imho MB can be less useful than SI, I mean yeah you get 1 min of all-immunity but the rest 4 minutes - nothing. While you can have an LM cast SI on you all day all week. Man, the hope I have every time I see SI on a healer wear out, followed by disappointment when it's recast. ./sigh (but props to the good LMs!)
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Erlessa View Post
    You'd be surprised how many people are blind to everything around them. I know people who don't understand the visual concept of inductions or which corruptions are removable, which not, and what's the difference between corruptions and inductions.

But imho MB can be less useful than SI, I mean yeah you get 1 min of all-immunity but the rest 4 minutes - nothing. While you can have an LM cast SI on you all day all week. Man, the hope I have every time I see SI on a healer wear out, followed by disappointment when it's recast. ./sigh (but props to the good LMs!)
    Honestly you need to knock off this &&&&. Dont get the LM SI nerfed because ive got a pocket LM on riddermark for my hunter and im addicted to the immunity and water lore.

Here is something shiny go look at it and knock off the LM SI, you dig? (oh and yes, for years I have been attempting to meld the two charecters "Vick" and "Pa Greavy" into my already adorable persona. Watch this movie and you will get a great deal of insight into how I operate. Additionally this will have the added benefit of getting you off the LM SI).

Last edited by Thorgrum; Jan 25 2013 at 01:51 PM.

Mordy's Brand is Legit as Bawls

It doesn't matter how butthurt you want to be about brands, or about which side is easier to get kills on. The game is exactly as Turbine wants it to be.

Less QQ, more pew pew, kthx.
    Everybody has stories. They bore me.

Quote Originally Posted by therealwhizzy View Post
    Are creeps really OP? I was asking questions when someone told me they were... After listening it didnt sound like that was the problem...

I do believe that this brand is too easily obtainable, but, sadly, I think my response was generated more by the lack of attention that has been given to the Moors over the years and not the current state of things. More by the lack of responses when responses were promised. More by the total of past imbalances than the present ones.

There are some adjustments that probably should be made, but it's not ever going to be perfect. One on one, when that still occurs, is usually going to favor one class over another.

The rather large problem remains, that, on most servers, camp followers included, the creeps outnumber freeps by a good percentage. There are certainly some days when that is not the case, but it is the norm. "Learn how to play" and "Learn how to fight" won't change that. Freeps will just need to trick their friends into coming out and getting slaughtered for a few months.

"While you can have an LM cast SI on you all day all week." Can you?

The brands are there as soon as you log in.
    Is there always going to be an LM following everyone around?

Even if there is, ....do you seriously think that they keep SI on every member of their group for the entire fight?
    LMs are typically targeted fairly early after the Minis and hunters.

and don't forget, you can often pop your other brand before the fight starts.....

Even if the freeps are lucky enough to kill you, your brand will be back up by the time you get back from the rez

and, if not, because your map is up, you can jump the mini before the LM gets back from hers

Even if by some miracle a freep has SI, and the poor misguided soul tries to flee you can usually just slow her or flayer root her until the inevitable end. SI won't stop that.

Would an LM root or mezz or slow or anything like that, stop a creep from just running away to the one shots if they were using a Mordirith's brand ?

First of all, no way do I think the LM SI should be nerfed, nuh uh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    I do believe that this brand is too easily obtainable
    Easily? Dude, this thing drops off a lootbox, something too tedious to farm for people who have a resemblance to life, then there's those who don't wanna spend TP on the key (like me), and then 25 hobbit feet drop on you. (Lootbox weekend happened once. I confess, I got mine there in my second box after an hour of farming. I was lucky?)

The rather large problem remains, that, on most servers, camp followers included, the creeps outnumber freeps by a good percentage. "Learn how to play" and "Learn how to fight" won't change that.
    Creeps should outnumber the freeps tho. Usually not all of said creeps are r7+ full aud store bought soldiers tho. At a certain point in freep dps the importance of creep morale and numbers falls rapidly. Also 'learn to adapt' would be a better suggestion really. Freeps did find what advantage the keep trapdoors give them, it's a tactic, I guess, tho an awfully boring one.

"While you can have an LM cast SI on you all day all week." Can you?
    Yeah you can. I don't mean a whole raid but a group? Yeah. With a 5s cd you can do plenty of other stuff in between as well. Not to mention one class (champs) don't really need SI. Whether the LMs remember their own skills and reapplying in time, that's a whole another problem.

Is there always going to be an LM following everyone around?
    There are LMs, and usually more than one out more often than I'd personally like.

Even if there is, ....do you seriously think that they keep SI on every member of their group for the entire fight? LMs are typically targeted fairly early after the Minis and hunters.
    Other casters, hunters and burgs are usually targetted before LMs, occasionaly even a cappie (and I could see a dps warden in this list in the future). Gives you plenty of time to recast this once or twice. And yes, I do think it's possible to keep it on every or most members.

and don't forget, you can often pop your other brand before the fight starts.....
    I can't tell you how many people actually do this but I haven't even got one. 6k comms for a 45min cd? Yeah, I think not. I had it on my freep and used it twice maybe so I didn't even bother.

Even if the freeps are lucky enough to kill you, your brand will be back up by the time you get back from the rez
    Trick question! You don't go to rez circle because you wait for the WL rez. One of the 2 things happen: 1) WL rezzes too late, you just get to die twice (because your MB isn't up so you can't run away) 2) WL doesn't rez. You get back from the rez circle just to witness your raid wipe. (ok, those things happen maybe half the time )

and, if not, because your map is up, you can jump the mini before the LM gets back from hers
    Come on now, minstrels don't melt the second SI is off them. Taking down a minstrel even w/o is is pain enough (unless you have a full raid who follows TA, I guess. I haven't seen a full raid for months tho, then again I don't play on primetime)

Even if by some miracle a freep has SI, and the poor misguided soul tries to flee you can usually just slow her or flayer root her until the inevitable end. SI won't stop that.
    Would an LM root or mezz or slow or anything like that, stop a creep from just running away to the one shots if they were using a Mordirith's brand ?
    Yeah, MB is better if you wanna run away, I guess (unless freeps have a decent champs with a sprint LI). I would trade an opportunity to be stun immune for the duration of most of the fight to being able to run away safely in the end tho.

Also, this is not God's absolute truth I'm talking about here, I'm sharing my own opinion, to be clear. If you really think MB is better for RvRs (well group v groups), then we can agree to disagree. Pretty sure we both live in free countries.
    Quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Erlessa View Post
    Creeps should outnumber the freeps tho. Usually not all of said creeps are r7+ full aud store bought soldiers tho. At a certain point in freep dps the importance of creep morale and numbers falls rapidly. Also 'learn to adapt' would be a better suggestion really. Freeps did find what advantage the keep trapdoors give them, it's a tactic, I guess, tho an awfully boring one.
    I've been put as Target Assist a lot more often then I'd like and I have to say, those creeps bellow R7, low audacity and not store bought are getting rarer to find everyday... I do look for easy targets, and it's been harder to find as each day passes by. Add on a branded pocket healer... and it's getting pretty common to see those "easier" targets to brand and move away from our slowed raid/group/few brave/soloer.

It hurts me to have to comment this, but: I don't have a pocket LM. If I did, I'd map it to my "X" key, so I could pop it's immunity all the time, since it doesn't cure and give me immunity (specially slow immunity). Can you imagine my warden with slow immunity, a coffee up and pewpewing in assailment? Hell! I want my R15 Insignia!

What Fire said is right. The real OP is the slow immunity. Creep healers can kite a whole raid, even hunters, cause they move away from the fight easily, freeps change target cause everyone is slowed and can't go after a slow immune creep, while our healers can't kite anything at all with the -50% run speed the whole raid has from the start.

EDIT: And the ability to use it as you will, not depending on having another player with a specific class willing to run around with you giving you a specific skill every 1min and traited specificly to do that.
    [B]Hergon[/B] (r11 warden - BW - former Fearghus from Crickhollow)
    [B]Nietotchka[/B] (r10 captain - BW - former Herja from Crickhollow)

I do believe that this brand is too easily obtainable
    You are totally right, i wonder why all of us dont have one while it is sooo easy to obtain. Thank you for reminding, i will drop another one for my reaver tomorrow... and maybe one more for my defiler if i have 15 more minutes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000012be19/signature.png]Bokmad[/charsig]
    Bolaykim is my freep ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Bolaykim View Post
    You are totally right, i wonder why all of us dont have one while it is sooo easy to obtain. Thank you for reminding, i will drop another one for my reaver tomorrow... and maybe one more for my defiler if i have 15 more minutes.
    How many freeps would you like to see fully immune for 1min every 5min?
    I've seen far too many creeps like that on this server alone.

The freeps on crick aren't really that much of a challenge most of the time for the need of those brands, tbh.
    Always gonna have a cappy/healer 500m from the grp, someone going to smoke after a wipe, a win and even in the heat of battle, prolly happens both sides, but creeps tend to have the odds in their favor when talking RvR at least 70% of the time.
    I have come to a conclusion that real RvR is impossible to have right now on crick with the general lack of people and lack of growth.

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

All this complaining and grats threads and ponies make me wanna come back freepside and get to r10. Who knows, maybe it'll actually happen this time!
    Quit.

I agree with Thorfinns comment above. And really the MB thing is cool for creeps but really lame for Freeps. I was in HH today with an RK in DPS mode we were jumped by at least 3 wargs that flipped to flayer, branded and being healed by a Defiler that put flies on me and then the Defiler branded also ?? I mean really ??

Thing is turbine is making a killing off of the store bought skills, brands, keys, classes. Doesnt really matter who complains its all about the $$..

I dont care if the nerf it or not. The way i see it, if people grouped and played their core class skills things go ok. Get a few glory seekers in a group and it goes south real quick.

Erlessa you should come back to freep side maybe get a taste of what is happening over here.

Have fun

I know what brands are like, store brands were very (like really, really) hot when I played freepside (and those were/are 1min duration with a short cd as well, I think). As a champ I didn't care tho (legacied sprint+stunbreak ftw), only things I couldn't catch were DyingRaged reavers/defilers and sprinting/hipsing wargs.

The only thing I couldn't handle (and they reason why I left) was how selfish and stupid people were about grouping and that seems to be actually changed maybe.
    Quit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2