We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mordirith's Brand

I grew into this game a freep. Frankfurd (burg) was my main, and only, toon for the longest time. I lived for the moors. It is what made this game enjoyable for me.

RoR came along and I began creeping because I missed the moors and did not want to go through the hassle of pve'ing my freep back into relevance. And despite my years of fighting and killing creeps, I realized over the last few weeks that no matter what side you are on, pvp in this game is a lot of fun when executed properly.

However, this weekend's "loot box extravaganza" or whatever the heck its called, has deterred me from ever returning to freepside. I for one was one of the many creeps farming for loot boxes this weekend. It took two hours of killing both freeps and npc's, but I did receive a Mordirith's brand from one of my loot boxes.

This brand (and this weekend) will ruin the moors. I have been online only scarcely in the last 36 hours and yet even in that small time frame, I can confirm that at least 5 creeps have received these brands from loot boxes.

This is not a call for individuals to not use their brands. I got one from a loot box, and in all honestly, I'm going to use it.

This post is being made to call attention the fact that this item should not exist in the first place. It presents an unfair advantage, period. If you add to the equation that freeps have no opportunity to obtain the same item, it becomes simply absurd.

Other than acknowledging the unfair advantage this item presents, and the enhanced opportunity lotro has provided creeps to obtain said advantage this weekend, I'm not sure exactly what this post is going to achieve. What I do hope, is that freeps know that some of us creep side do realize that these brands flat out suck.

That being said, be prepared to taste my un-cc'able fury freeps, and good luck to you all.
    Last edited by Frankfurd; Jan 20 2013 at 04:04 AM.
    Crick: Frankfurd, Franker, Frankflank, Franktank, ICJYOU. Brandy: Buffalochicken, Waterpig, Thesupremecourt

Welcome to the maldad club.
    So you made a thread saying that you think r15 lbox brands are lame, but you will still use one, interesting. Grats, I guess

P.s. Stating that you won't return to freepside cuz it'd be tough to kill things saddens me
    Last edited by Nifroth; Jan 20 2013 at 09:31 AM.

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

To be fair I haven't seen a creep on Crick use a mord brand in an honest 1v1.
    However, in raid versus raid (which seems to be popping up more commonly than I like *sad face*) I see those brands popping off constantly.
    Thing is, it feels good to kill a r10 with their in combat brand up, running for their life into the wilderness like Kramer with a pocket full of meat.
    It's a sickly sweet feeling down in your loins, I like it!
    I am the terror that flaps in the night.
    Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Frankfurd View Post
    I grew into this game a freep. Frankfurd (burg) was my main, and only, toon for the longest time. I lived for the moors. It is what made this game enjoyable for me.

RoR came along and I began creeping because I missed the moors and did not want to go through the hassle of pve'ing my freep back into relevance. And despite my years of fighting and killing creeps, I realized over the last few weeks that no matter what side you are on, pvp in this game is a lot of fun when executed properly.

However, this weekend's "loot box extravaganza" or whatever the heck its called, has deterred me from ever returning to freepside. I for one was one of the many creeps farming for loot boxes this weekend. It took two hours of killing both freeps and npc's, but I did receive a Mordirith's brand from one of my loot boxes.

This brand (and this weekend) will ruin the moors. I have been online only scarcely in the last 36 hours and yet even in that small time frame, I can confirm that at least 5 creeps have received these brands from loot boxes.

This is not a call for individuals to not use their brands. I got one from a loot box, and in all honestly, I'm going to use it.

This post is being made to call attention the fact that this item should not exist in the first place. It presents an unfair advantage, period. If you add to the equation that freeps have no opportunity to obtain the same item, it becomes simply absurd.

Other than acknowledging the unfair advantage this item presents, and the enhanced opportunity lotro has provided creeps to obtain said advantage this weekend, I'm not sure exactly what this post is going to achieve. What I do hope, is that freeps know that some of us creep side do realize that these brands flat out suck.

That being said, be prepared to taste my un-cc'able fury freeps, and good luck to you all.
    franky please stop making sense... ( I assume fury pot bug still exists for those that can afford them? )
    work in progress...

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000004848d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by therealwhizzy View Post
    franky please stop making sense... ( I assume fury pot bug still exists for those that can afford them? )
    Fury pot fixed, crumbling are 3min cd 10s duration now

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Look at it this way, if it gets really bad you can farm a few freavers in the corner of HH somewhere and get the R10 LI, over the long term it should make up for the 1 minute brand.

But let me guess, you were one of hundreds of freeps who were out after ROI talking about how hard it was for creeps to deal with the uncapped stats amirite?

Seems to me a lot of freeps got a very large head after ROI, times are rough these days, will you be on your spider by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Look at it this way, if it gets really bad you can farm a few freavers in the corner of HH somewhere and get the R10 LI, over the long term it should make up for the 1 minute brand.

But let me guess, you were one of hundreds of freeps who were out after ROI talking about how hard it was for creeps to deal with the uncapped stats amirite?

Seems to me a lot of freeps got a very large head after ROI, times are rough these days, will you be on your spider by chance?

Actually I was clear about my hunter being OP at one time let alone champs and mini's.. you can ask thorfinn maybe he can recall the

whats with the spider? I dont have one.. if you would like to chat with me im creepside on my reaver paytowin... checking out the new changes to the map...
    Last edited by therealwhizzy; Jan 20 2013 at 11:56 AM.
    work in progress...

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000004848d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    Welcome to the maldad club.
    So you made a thread saying that you think r15 lbox brands are lame, but you will still use one, interesting. Grats, I guess

P.s. Stating that you won't return to freepside cuz it'd be tough to kill things saddens me
    hah i think what he was saying is it sucks to grind to 85 and get gear when all you wanna do is be in the moors...
    work in progress...

So i got one of these brands for my reaver the other day on my 3rd box. unlike the rest of these poor 8+ hour box farmers i got lucky and got it pretty quickly (bout 45mins) killing slugs on my own. I can agree to the sentiment of these things being ridiculously OP 5min CD and able to be used in combat is pretty game changing (along with the fact they are on a separate CD from other brands). But untell last night when i was corrected i was under the impression freeps had some sort of equivalent they could acquire thru similar methods. I will say this about turbine when they make one side OP they either go all the way or they go home.

Any ways I would not worry about these brands to to much things will suck for a few months. but give it a few months and the ppl that got them will either take a break from playing or switch sides/toons without brands. Also i would not put it past turbine to put out some sorta equivalent event at some point. I hope they do any way.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000001d4b9/signature.png]Hawkdriver[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Frankfurd View Post
    lol whats it do again..no slows/stunns for 1m with 5m cd? thats not too bad...just blow the craphole outta the creep using it..who cares if he cant be stunned or slowed..its not like you can hit him lmao.

qq more please
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Fantos View Post
    lol whats it do again..no slows/stunns for 1m with 5m cd? thats not too bad...just blow the craphole outta the creep using it..who cares if he cant be stunned or slowed..its not like you can hit him lmao.

qq more please
    You, sir, have obviously never played a burglar or a loremaster out there. I'm &&&&ting bricks from my laptop screen just knowing that so many people have my worst enemy in their possession (hi beard/notlobster, reavers, other weavers). *slow slap*

If it's as bad as I think it's going to be, I'm most likely going to quit until &&&& is getting fixed so I can actually have a chance at killing players I SHOULD kill without giving all I fking have. (Balanced pvp, ya know?)
    Last edited by Arnahk; Jan 20 2013 at 01:46 PM.
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by Arnahk View Post
    You, sir, have obviously never played a burglar or a loremaster out there. I'm &&&&ting bricks from my laptop screen just knowing that so many people have my worst enemy in their possession (hi beard/notlobster, reavers, other weavers). *slow slap*

If it's as bad as I think it's going to be, I'm most likely going to quit until &&&& is getting fixed so I can actually have a chance at killing players I SHOULD kill without giving all I fking have. (Balanced pvp, ya know?)
    Try a cappy Cc? what's that? hmm? you all don't chase a freaver from LC to TR on a daily basis??
    [IMG]http://oi41.tinypic.com/14v1utt.jpg[/IMG]
    Farrielle R13 Captain (BW), Archaniel R8 Hunter (CH), Farrial R8 Minstrel (CH)
    Farrball R9 Stalker (CH), Kumosan R8 Weaver (CH), Vapour R6 Reaver (CH)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealVang View Post
    I will say this about turbine when they make one side OP they either go all the way or they go home.

/agree

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    /agree
    Are creeps really OP? I was asking questions when someone told me they were... After listening it didnt sound like that was the problem...
    work in progress...

Are creeps really OP? I was asking questions when someone told me they were... After listening it didnt sound like that was the problem...
    No creeps arent op...take the spider reflect for example...errbody was like "OMG QQQQ ITS SO OP QQQQQQQ" but i was pewpewing away at a spider with reflect on and it didnt really do anything lol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

No creeps arent op...take the spider reflect for example...errbody was like "OMG QQQQ ITS SO OP QQQQQQQ" but i was pewpewing away at a spider with reflect on and it didnt really do anything lol
    i remember you you have a hunter right?
    work in progress...

…and another nail is hammered firmly into the coffin of PvP.
    Last edited by Kethean; Jan 20 2013 at 03:30 PM.

I threw half cooked marshmallows at the Wargs, but nothing seemed to stop them...

i remember you you have a hunter right?
    yes i do :3

Ok I'm not going to take what you say seriously from now on lol. Do you even know what the skill does? It reflects 100% of the damage done for 15 seconds, every 1min and half. Which means you can't hit the weaver for 15 seconds, every 1min and half, unless you want to blow yourself up. If it "didn't really do anything", your damage output must be terribly bad or you simply don't know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Arnahk; Jan 20 2013 at 04:42 PM.
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by Farriel View Post
    Try a cappy Cc? what's that? hmm? you all don't chase a freaver from LC to TR on a daily basis??
    Exactly. You guys don't have CC either way, the burglar and the LM are CC classes while you guys are a support class.

Question for you :

What is a CC class, without CC? Waiting for your answer.

I think that I am living proof you do not need this to when. Maybe I am just a OP facerolling BAMF or just way above your skill level.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000059ebb/signature.png]Iamthenerfbat[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

If you're lucky enough to hit your induction/attack before the spider hits the skill, you're off the hook. Otherwise, you are in trouble my friend.
    [URL=http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/Francois_Legare/media/teacuteleacutechargement8_zps595ab102.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/Francois_Legare/teacuteleacutechargement8_zps595ab102.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Straego View Post
    I think that I am living proof you do not need this to when. Maybe I am just a OP facerolling BAMF or just way above your skill level.
    Its more than likely the tools you are given not say your not good but I faceroll to the point of boredom in gw2 most of the time on my thief and have to take on multiple targets to make it fun ... whats great about gw2 is when you come across someone playing your exact build then you get to find out how good you are..
    work in progress...

How come creeps handle groups with full SI (sometimes even renewed omg, gj LMs!)? I don't remember whining about it for a whole weekend. Probably because we didn't.
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Erlessa View Post
    How come creeps handle groups with full SI (sometimes even renewed omg, gj LMs!)? I don't remember whining about it for a whole weekend. Probably because we didn't.
    SI and a brand are hardly the same thing, if it only gave stun immunity I doubt anyone would care much, I personally think it's the slow immunity that makes the most difference. with it you can kite their melee train very effectively and take next to no damage from them only ranged dps can hit you consistently, and everyone knows rvr the creeps kill the ranged freeps first most of the time. so not the stun immunity but the slow immunity keeps you from the most damage and gives you the biggest advantage imo
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000af094/signature.png]Baneoffirehands[/charsig]
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast