We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Deed: Discovering Adventures in Zelem-Melek

I'm trying to finish this deed, Discovering Adventures in Zelem-Melek for a zeal trait, and all I have left is to "Discover and explore Uzbad-Bakan". I've been all over Uzbad-Bakan, killing everything, searching for anything clickable, any lost npc, and I can't find anything to start a quest there or fulfill the deed requirement. What am I missing? I'm a high level for the zone, level 78 - could this be why the thing I'm looking for there isn't available to me? Or is it a bug? Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!

not sure if i can help, but i did this on my main when she was 85, so i think you might have some bad luck
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c01000026f3e4/signature.png]Kalraburz[/charsig]

You get credit for that when you return to Mogr in 21st Hall
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d6f8f/01003/signature.png]Thorsmork[/charsig]

When you are exploring nearby caverns for the dwarf in the Halls of Flowing Water, you 'see' Uzbad-Bakan and then have to report back to him. He gives you a quest to explore it (requiring you to investigate the armoury, kitchens etc of the camp). There is a quest in each of the areas the explore quest requires you to visit. When you've done all four, the quest updates to send you back to Mogr in 21st Hall. When you hand that in, the deed completes.
    [CENTER]Tarmas Elf Champion R13 | Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil 95 Elf Warden | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Strawn Reaver R6 | Strawz Warg R6 | Strawk Blackarrow R6 | Strawx Warleader R6 | Strawb Defiler R6 | Strawt Weaver R6[/CENTER]

Ahhh, great! Thanks so much everyone!

I'm also trying to get this deed done, but for some reason I can't even manage to start it. I'm pretty sure I've completed all the objectives of the deed (ie explored each area and done all quests as described on wiki), but there is no record of the deed anywhere in my log. Ideas?

Jamieboy, there is a prerequisite quest chain before this will start. The first quest in the chain starts in the 21st Hall, a dwarf will ask you to deliver ale and scout out the 21st Hall for him.
    Silverlode refugee

I have the same problem as Jamieboy, I already suspected it has to do with any starting quest, but I can't find anything in the 21st Hall.
    The only quests there are the instance quests near the stable master, and the epic quests near the reflection pool.

So does it maybe start even earlier somehere?

Ooooh okay I finally got it.

Forgot that I had a quest in log from Mögr that sent me to The Rotting Cellar. Though once I arrived I thought it was just more wasted time, because there was no follow-up, but back in the 21st Hall, Mögr finally offered me the quest you were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    Ooooh okay I finally got it.

Forgot that I had a quest in log from Mögr that sent me to The Rotting Cellar. Though once I arrived I thought it was just more wasted time, because there was no follow-up, but back in the 21st Hall, Mögr finally offered me the quest you were talking about.
    I haven't been able to get this deed to pop up for me. I've completed all quests in 21st Hall, I've been to the Rotting Cellar to see if I left off there, but there are no quests to pick up. According to my fellowship, I have completed the quests but I'm ineligible to talk to Mogr. Mogr and Domarr have no quests available for me. I've talked with a GM but all he did was point me to the wiki page for the deed and tell me that GMs don't have time to help out with these sort of problems. I'd like to be able to complete the Deeds of Khazad-Dum and Quests of Khazad-Dum deeds. I don't know if it matters, but I completed all these quests years ago before the revamp (probably around 2010 or 2011).
    Aellor - 95 mini |Aelran - 93 burg|Aellea - 95 capt|Aelnor - 95 guard|Aeldorf - 69 champ
    Also Aellora, Aelbert, Aelson, Aelriel, Aelorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Aellor View Post
    I haven't been able to get this deed to pop up for me. I've completed all quests in 21st Hall, I've been to the Rotting Cellar to see if I left off there, but there are no quests to pick up. According to my fellowship, I have completed the quests but I'm ineligible to talk to Mogr. Mogr and Domarr have no quests available for me. I've talked with a GM but all he did was point me to the wiki page for the deed and tell me that GMs don't have time to help out with these sort of problems. I'd like to be able to complete the Deeds of Khazad-Dum and Quests of Khazad-Dum deeds. I don't know if it matters, but I completed all these quests years ago before the revamp (probably around 2010 or 2011).
    What level is your toon? I encountered the same issue on my Minstrel last week. I'd done all of the quests for the deed itself, but couldn't get the bestowal quest.

For me, it was because my Minstrel was too low in level at the time. I believe the Foreman's quest bestows at 55.

Hope this helps!
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Warmutkan View Post
    What level is your toon? I encountered the same issue on my Minstrel last week. I'd done all of the quests for the deed itself, but couldn't get the bestowal quest.

For me, it was because my Minstrel was too low in level at the time. I believe the Foreman's quest bestows at 55.

Hope this helps!
    That toon is 95. She's been capped every time a lvl cap as gone up since 65.
    Aellor - 95 mini |Aelran - 93 burg|Aellea - 95 capt|Aelnor - 95 guard|Aeldorf - 69 champ
    Also Aellora, Aelbert, Aelson, Aelriel, Aelorn.

There appears to be two Mogr. The one you need is NOT in 21st hall, but southwest. Just above the great hall.

As I encountered this problem as well when trying to finish my deeds, I'll add my findings to this post. It seems that the pointer quest for the Rotten Cellar used to be handed out by Mogr, and is now handed out by Simbi (just next to him in 21st hall). Finishing this quest is a prereq for the quest chain that starts at Mogr.

If you are/were further along in the quest chain, you will need to talk to Mogr/Reinn at 21st hall. If you're even further, you perhaps will need to talk to Reinn/Domarr at 7.7S 105.6W in the Great Hall of Durin.

One last location for Mogr is possible at 7.5S 105.7W on top of the platform, where he will start the exploration quest for you. Once you finished that quest, you can start exploring the different locations, and finish the deed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathili View Post

One last location for Mogr is possible at 7.5S 105.7W on top of the platform, where he will start the exploration quest for you. Once you finished that quest, you can start exploring the different locations, and finish the deed!
    YES!!! This was it! Whew, I went through every single landmark/area and picked up every single new quest and still couldn't get the deed/quest to open up for me. Read this post and went to Mogr at at 7.5S 105.7W and got the quest! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Lillyn (Minstrel), Lynrial (Hunter), Lorlyn (LM), Lynrieth (RK), Dazeylin (Burglar), Ithilyn (Beorning) of Arkenstone

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by lynlai View Post
    YES!!! This was it! Whew, I went through every single landmark/area and picked up every single new quest and still couldn't get the deed/quest to open up for me. Read this post and went to Mogr at at 7.5S 105.7W and got the quest! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Sadly he is not there when I looked for him. I even got the report back to him in 21st hall message. Turned it in and , nothing. Anymore ideas?
    *UPDATE* I talked to him again in the 21st hall. He gave me another quests, "backtracking" when i completed this he appeared at the 7.5s location and gave me the explore quest.
    Last edited by Warlockdba; Jul 15 2014 at 04:50 PM.