We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Dungeons Challenge: Save the Elves!

Greetings fellow Nimrods,
    Too long now have ruthless adventurers been leaving the imprisoned elves of Dol Guldur to their fate in the Dungeons instance for the sake of speed and efficiency. To combat the elven slaughter, I propose a server-wide challenge:

Starting tonight at 11:00 PM EST, January 18th and continuing until 5 o'clock PM EST Sunday, January 27th, I challenge you all to complete the tier 2 Challenge of the Dungeons of Dol Guldur 6-man instance at level 85.

Each Fellowship that enters must meet certain criteria, and will be judged on speed of completion and its ability to save the prisoners.

The rules are as follows:

1. Each group will be given 1000 points, from which number deductions will be made for the following:
    A. -15 points per minute (rounded to the nearest 30 seconds) while inside the instance.
    B. -70 points per prisoner that does not escape the wings of the instance (the West, North, and East wings hold 2, 3, and 4 prisoners each, respectively)
    C. -40 points per prisoner that does not survive the boss fight.

2. A bonus will be applied to any fellowship that enters as follows:
    A. +5 points for each fellowship member that shares kinship with another. For example, if two individuals from Flock of Moosens are in the fellowship, they will each recieve 5 bonus points for their involvement for a total of 10. This will increase naturally up to +25 points for 5 members of the same kin, and a grand total of +40 points for a fellowship consisting entirely of Flock of Moosens members. (If three members from one kin and three from another are in the fellow, it will recieve a +30 point bonus).

3. Any individual that enters the contest may only enter once. This means that if you, along with 5 friends try Dungeons tier 2 Challenge and get a pretty good time and submit that time to me, you may not later join another different 5 friends and do it again. Alts are difficult to keep track of, so I will ask for your honesty in this. NOTE: Once again, you may submit as many entries as you wish with the same fellowship, within reason, but not with different groups of people.

4. Entries must be submitted by 5:00 o'clock PM EST Sunday, January 27th at this address: dungeonschallenge@gmail.com
    A. Submissions must consist of a list of the players involved and 3 screenshots:

I. One screenshot of the entire fellow with name and kinships visible inside the first hallway. Please have the three trolls inside the first room visible in the screenshot (they do a little animation to start the instance off). NOTE: This will count as your beginning time so please have the server time clearly visible (this can be turned on under Options).
    II. One of all the rescued prisoners once the gates to all three wings are closing. (This helps in calculating scores)
    III. One of all the prisoners (and if possible, the challenge completion notice) immediately after the three trolls and Warden are defeated. NOTE: This will count as your time of completion, so have the server time visible.

Winners of the contest should be announced shortly after the cutoff date on Sunday the 27th, at which time rewards will also be distributed (we can hopefully all gather in Mirkwood for the awards, but somewhere cheerier like Lothlorien would be good too, those not present will be rewarded via in-game mail).

Rewards: (NOTE: Subject to change, hopefully I'll add more, so check back before the contest is over)

1st Place: All members will receive 2 Riddermark Scrolls of Empowerment, a good-sized stack of food consumables (level 85), and their choice of crafted level 85 items (this can be anything from a shield to an off-hand weapon to a warden carving to a cloak).
    The leader of the fellowship will also receive an additional Riddermark Scroll of Empowerment, a Tarnished Symbol of Celebrimbor, and a 50 stack of class consumables (anything from shield-spikes to champion potions to bow-songs).

2nd Place: All members will receive 2 Riddermark Scrolls of Empowerment, a good-sized stack of food consumables (level 85), and 15 Gold.
    The leader of the fellowship will also receive an additional Riddermark Scroll of Empowerment, a Riddermark Star-lit Crystal, and a 50 stack of class consumables.

3rd Place: All members will receive 1 Riddermark Scroll of Empowerment, a good-sized stack of food consumables (level 85), and 10 Gold.
    The leader of the fellowship will also receive a Riddermark-bound Lootbox, a Scroll of Relic Removal, as well as their choice of either an additional Riddermark Scroll of Empowerment or a 50 stack of class consumables.

NOTE: Rewards are subject to change dependent upon how much player response I get and how much I'm able to get together in time.

Anyone wishing to donate any of the above rewards (or suggest some of their own) or anyone with any questions, comments, queries, suggestions, criticisms, complaints, arguments, or praise may email the contest holders at: dungeonschallenge@gmail.com , send mail in-game to Gurthalion, or a tell in-game to Gurthalion or Perception (both me). Additionally, you can respond using this forum thread. However, do NOT submit contest entries through here but rather use the email address given.

I will be logging in tomorrow (Saturday the 19th) to let people know about the contest and to start working on getting the rewards together. Feel free to direct your kinnies, friends, and loathed enemies to the link for this thread.
    Thanks Nimrods, cya around.
    -Gurthalion
    Last edited by forestthegreat; Jan 23 2013 at 01:48 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000af98e/01008/signature.png]Gurthalion[/charsig]
    [OOC] Faja: 'new expansion isnt even out yet, i've already failed at it'

<<reserved for contest winners>>

By the by, does anyone know how to go about getting a GM's attention? It would be most bodacious if we could get one of them to also offer a goody-bag of store consumables (or something) as prizes for the contest.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000af98e/01008/signature.png]Gurthalion[/charsig]
    [OOC] Faja: 'new expansion isnt even out yet, i've already failed at it'