We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Noob question : group healing pvp

Ok, its been stated here that although Creeps generally are better off atm in 1 vs 1, a raid of freeps should wipe a creep raid unless grossly outnumbered.

I must admit i don't get it. For whatever RP / personal reasons i go to the moors on my mini to heal (so sorry guys, the advice "just go warspeech and have fun") and am wondering how to make this viable.

Inevitably, being the group's healer makes me the number one target, and i'll get focus fired by the creep raid. With light armour and a mitigation cap of 40%, surely the creep raid is going to find it really easy to take out the freep's healers, resulting in them wiping? Defilers have twice my hp and better mitigations, and i have to stand still to do most of my healing. Or is Freep DPS SO much better than creep DPS, this factor is negated?

I've tried to build for the fact that i'm going to be tanking creeps, in so far as this is possible. Gotten my incoming healing up to 16%, which i can buff another 20 with herald's strike. Mitigation at the cap for physical and tactical, i'm just shy of 12k morale, even got 25% bpe for what that's worth (not much). Even with LM anti stun buff though, if there's more than 4 creeps on me i'm going down, sooner or later. What else do i need?

Remember, a heavy armour at the mitigation cap will take HALF as much damage from each hit as i will.
    Elf females - Nemulias (grd) Arenor (min - retired)
    Men - Farrowden (Champ), Rhoswith (lm), Manorborn (cpt)
    In Training : Snorlin (rk)
    Tankstrels RIP [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssQv83k6arY[/url]

I'm assuming you're already well-geared.

You need to time your flops right.
    Cappy bubbles are your best friends.
    Having more healers to help out would be nice too: RK Healers are particularly powerful.
    Oh, and since an LM is already putting SI on you, remind him/her to put down some tar so you can kite melees through it.

These things might be in vain though because you'll probably die from server lag.
    Last edited by thenabforlife; Jan 18 2013 at 07:51 PM.
    {Bbatburz, Ssuperburz, Ssupermann}
    What audacity does to new players who come to the Moors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezg4sr67OGA

If you don't have R13 audacity get it.
    Indeed like it's been said time your flops, cappy bubble is indeed your friend as well as shield wall.

When your being focused on remember, noone else should take damage but you, so just kite and heal yourself, which with the CODA and cord of salvation should work, don't forget to trait raise the spirit, that thing works fairly well out there

Ex
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000241100/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You've pretty much got the correct idea, you're going to be focused, stunned, slowed, debuffed every which way. You'll need additional healers, a LM for stun immunity and preferably a guard for shield wall to survive for any length of time if the opposing side presents an equivalent force. Kiting is great in theory, but you'll be webbed and otherwise slowed.

In short, you're going to die a lot, and quickly. However, the raid leader should also be devoting resources to protect you and other healers (see above), tho that is dependent on what classes are in the raid while at the same time hitting the creeps hard enough so that they pull back. If you don't think you're getting the protection you should, leave the raid and try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemulas View Post
    Inevitably, being the group's healer makes me the number one target, and i'll get focus fired by the creep raid.
    Being a group/raid healer in the Moors is like being a quaterback in football. You gonna be prime target and blitzed at every raid vs raid action. Thats the downside of the job and few people can stand the heat.

With light armour and a mitigation cap of 40%, surely the creep raid is going to find it really easy to take out the freep's healers, resulting in them wiping?
    Freeps healers will go down easily only if they arent properly supported by their groupmates. As others already stated, you should have resources devoted to you (Shieldwall, LM tar for kitting, Captain bubble and ,of course, other healers crosshealing you). If its not the case, well, better leave this group.

Defilers have twice my hp and better mitigations, and i have to stand still to do most of my healing.
    Defilers dont have any *Oh sh1t* button. No Flop/Fellowship Heart for exemple. Minstrels have plenty of those to help them when they are in trouble. In addition, i may say that we also need to stand still for doing most of our healing job. Out of 5 healing skills total, 2 are on the move Hots and the other 3 requires induction time superior to a Bolster Courage.

Grass is always greener elsewhere i guess.

Even with LM anti stun buff though, if there's more than 4 creeps on me i'm going down, sooner or later.
    And thats normal. No one should survive by himself while being bashed by 4+ opposing faction characters, neither freeps or creeps. Heres a few tips that might help you ==>

1-When in big battles, you should always be on the move, stopping only to toss a heal and then move again. By my 5 years Moors experience, Raid Target Assist will tend to spot more easily a static healing target compare to a moving one.

2-If you choose to stay static, use camo. Always try to hide in bushes/troll corpse/behind tree whenever possible. Your green healing animation is far less visible that way.

3-Avoid bold color. As silly this suggestion may sound, i can garantee you that a bright red character is way easier to find on a battlefield compare to a more neutral colored one for a Raid Target Assist.

4-Always get your fellow healer back. If they are in trouble, they should be your healing priority (aside yourself). If they are good players, theyll remember it and pay you back when you are in trouble.

5-Hit your brand just before engaging a craid. This will give you a minute of immunity to all CC and that may be enough to allow you to get through the whole battle. The first minute of any raid vs raid clash is crucial and often determine the outcome, even if it last for an extended period of time. This is where the priority targets are determined by Raid leaders/target assists.

Hope this help you. Good hunting
    Last edited by whitefox1313; Jan 19 2013 at 05:53 PM.
    Chieftain Biohazaard - Rank 12 Defiler
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion - Brandywine

In terms of raid vs raid dynamics, i'm guessing the main Freep advantage is AOE dps. Creeps don't have this right? So, if a couple of wargs and a couple of reavers come in to attack my minstrel, and there's three champs next to me and a loremaster with an Improved Sticky Gourd and March of the Ents ready to go, the attackers are going to be taking a lot of damage themselves.

OTOH, haven't Warleaders got an awful lot more in combat rezzes than us, further adding to a creep raid's "durability"?
    Elf females - Nemulias (grd) Arenor (min - retired)
    Men - Farrowden (Champ), Rhoswith (lm), Manorborn (cpt)
    In Training : Snorlin (rk)
    Tankstrels RIP [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssQv83k6arY[/url]

haven't Warleaders got an awful lot more in combat rezzes than us, further adding to a creep raid's "durability"?
    actually WL's have only 1 res and it's only one on creep side which works in combat. it's ressing 5 allies near you,but does have 7 mins cooldown also(6mins if traited). so 2-3 wl's whit good timing on res might give image like that.