We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Seat of the Goblin King - problems with troll fight in pit

My two mates and I are having problems with the fight in the pit in this instance.

First, the archers. We've discovered a way of managing them, but none of us are at full morale when the troll fight starts, which makes the troll fight itself a dicey affair.

Now, the real problem is that if one of us gets defeated in the fight, he runs back to the pit and jumps in ... and gets killed by the fall. What are we doing wrong? Isn't one supposed to be able to rejoin the fight if defeated?

Quote Originally Posted by Fotho View Post
    My two mates and I are having problems with the fight in the pit in this instance.

First, the archers. We've discovered a way of managing them, but none of us are at full morale when the troll fight starts, which makes the troll fight itself a dicey affair.

Now, the real problem is that if one of us gets defeated in the fight, he runs back to the pit and jumps in ... and gets killed by the fall. What are we doing wrong? Isn't one supposed to be able to rejoin the fight if defeated?
    what is group comp?

There is a place where when you step backwards over the edge and then move forward mid-air, you'll survive the fall. Only seen this once on Bullroarer, so I can't exactly tell the place. It was somewhere to the left side, when looking at the broken bridge.
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

Quote Originally Posted by rannion View Post
    what is group comp?
    Guardian (me), Captain, Burglar. A bit of an unorthodox mix, but those are our mains!

Weird, never died when jumping down. Just try to land on that big pile of things in the bottom and you should be just fine, there's enough slopes on it to "catch" the pixels known as your in-game avatar
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Guardian (me), Captain, Burglar. A bit of an unorthodox mix, but those are our mains!
    As for the Add part, let the Guardian take the melee add while Captain/Burg dispose the ranged one, then quickly kill the melee add before the next set of adds spawns, rinse and repear. Or just riddle the ranged one, kill the melee add while the ranged one is still mezzed and then take care of the ranged one. Stay clear of the troll, as there's a damaging aura around him during the add phase. If you feel like it, you could probably pop a conjunction on the last add and press green, then the Captain uses Rallying Cry after the add goes down to top the group off, there you go.
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

i'm pretty sure you die if you jump down while the troll is active (if he isn't you wont even break legs i think).

guard/capt/burg should be fine for this fight... need more info about what your problems are to give more help.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d123b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    The [url="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"]Noldor[/url] of Arkenstone