We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PvMP 1vs1

PvMP 1vs1

I remember when we actually had organized 1vs1... Why don't we do that anymore? It's sad that people can't handle not zerging people and causing hate fights

Because zergs, brand poppers etc

1vs1

kinda want to set it up tomorrow, havnt had any good duels in a while

Would be nice if there was an arena(s) in different locations for 1 vs 1.

Wasnt there one?

Didn't we use to do them at rockwthers? what happened with that?

Quote Originally Posted by 116_for_days View Post
    Taldag is what happened
    Reddmedic - R10 Defiler
    The Old Timers Guild LOTRO | Server - Gladden

When I was here, I used to have improtu, organized 1v1s all the time. Due to these expac changes however, it's not surprising that 1v1s have diminished. I really dont see what 1v1s prove now other than "I beat u with DIS MANY OP buffs/relic buffs :P", hence one of the main reasons I left, loss of sport in such.
    Guess who ? Founder and co-creator: http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Quote Originally Posted by shark1979 View Post
    Taldag is what happened
    "Thanks for adding reputation to this user"

Quote Originally Posted by 116_for_days View Post
    I say its too far for the freeps to run away, we still have 1v1s from time to time, near the hill of GV when the OPs are even or so

Taldag is what happened
    Lol well put sir.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100001cd146/signature.png]Chaoticevil[/charsig]

Taldag is what happened
    Exactly. +rep
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120301000024bcf2/signature.png]Halphas[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Darathelion_Eriagon View Post
    Exactly. +rep
    I dont get it, then again, I shouldnt.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    I don't get it either, someone please enlighten.
    Mellar@Gladden, DOTH Hunter.

It's a long story, but to cut it short, I will divide the things that Taldag said according to topic (this is just according to how I remember it):

About popping CDs in a 1v1:
    "What ruins 1v1s is not the popping of cooldown skills, but the violence, harsh language, sexual, physical, and mental insults to the people included in that 1v1. I personally experienced these during the first few times I did some 1v1s and it was not something that you would be happy to remember. From that time onwards, I stopped doing 1v1s to avoid being insulted painfully again."

About a greenie not knowing that GTA is a 1v1 area:
    "When an innocent greenie runs into a 1v1 and interrupts it, he gets zerged, and when he returns to that area, he gets zerged one hundred times more. It is very pitiful to see a player that does not know anything about that area being a 1v1 place to be zerged recklessly."

About GTA being a 1v1 area:
    "I would not 1v1 at GTA or any other high traffic area. I do not want innocent greenies and freeps interrupting it and seeing them being zerged numerous times. I would rather 1v1 at Plains of Gramsfoot because that place is unlikely to be visited by any freeps or creeps."

About GTA being called GTA:
    "GTA is a map name, and not a 1v1 area. So stop calling your 1v1 area as the name of a map."

This is somehow a summary of what she said in my memory. But I hope this helps.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120301000024bcf2/signature.png]Halphas[/charsig]

It's a long story, but to cut it short, I will divide the things that Taldag said according to topic (this is just according to how I remember it):

"What ruins 1v1s is not the popping of cooldown skills, but the violence, harsh language, sexual, physical, and mental insults to the people included in that 1v1. I personally experienced these during the first few times I did some 1v1s and it was not something that you would be happy to remember. From that time onwards, I stopped doing 1v1s to avoid being insulted painfully again."

"When an innocent greenie runs into a 1v1 and interrupts it, he gets zerged, and when he returns to that area, he gets zerged one hundred times more. It is very pitiful to see a player that does not know anything about that area being a 1v1 place to be zerged recklessly."

"I would not 1v1 at GTA or any other high traffic area. I do not want innocent greenies and freeps interrupting it and seeing them being zerged numerous times. I would rather 1v1 at Plains of Gramsfoot because that place is unlikely to be visited by any freeps or creeps."

"GTA is a map name, and not a 1v1 area. So stop calling your 1v1 area as the name of a map."

Ok, but she likes to 1v1, just not in gta. If someone have to take the blame, I would say that Grogog and Glee are more responsible to the lack of 1v1s in GTA then anyone else.
    Mellar@Gladden, DOTH Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchad View Post
    Ok, but she likes to 1v1, just not in gta. If someone have to take the blame, I would say that Grogog and Glee are more responsible to the lack of 1v1s in GTA then anyone else.
    I wouldnt take Taldag seriously for anything in the world, shes talking bout dying children every day.
    Oh and you want to point fingers at Glee & Grog for lack of 1v1? look at the people in SB/HoE
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."

Who made Taldag the Queen of 1v1s? Last I checked, I was the king of organized 1v1 setups, I been soloing longer than anyone lol. Even when I'm not here, my rules are law! Haha na, but screw what she says, she was barely here for RoI, what gives her the right? Honestly tho, 1v1ing doesnt prove poo anymore it's a shame, no sport in them now. Only thing you dont listen to is a certain burg saying not using scrolls=undergeared hehe .

Quote Originally Posted by Tchad View Post
    She used to 1v1 at gta all the time that I can remember. I 1v1ed wherever I wanted to, I was the honeybadger of 1v1ing where I wanted. Just ask Ting lol.
    Guess who ? Founder and co-creator: http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

I wouldnt take Taldag seriously for anything in the world, shes talking bout dying children every day.
    Oh and you want to point fingers at Glee & Grog for lack of 1v1? look at the people in SB/HoE
    To be fair, SB was having 1v1 at gta yesterday :v

I don't like 1v1s at GTA either, I much prefer them where Plains OP was. BUT when it is dead out, there's no reason to whine about them being wherever they may happen or at map points. Personally I can't stand Taldag because of her nonsense. She went on at length one afternoon equating 1v1s to farming, I voiced my disgreement and she reported me for saying 'raep' (another word not allowed on the forum, huh) was ok...question mark. A couple of days ago she went on at length in OOC about wargs being removed from the creep raid in favour of warleaders, calling it racist and equating it to the civil rights movement. wut

Totally makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Shau'nac View Post
    I don't like 1v1s at GTA either, I much prefer them where Plains OP was. BUT when it is dead out, there's no reason to whine about them being wherever they may happen or at map points. Personally I can't stand Taldag because of her nonsense. She went on at length one afternoon equating 1v1s to farming, I voiced my disgreement and she reported me for saying 'raep' (another word not allowed on the forum, huh) was ok...question mark. A couple of days ago she went on at length in OOC about wargs being removed from the creep raid in favour of warleaders, calling it racist and equating it to the civil rights movement. wut

Totally makes sense!
    Yup, sums up Taldag
    Guy said he felt sad bout killing a freep just standing there, I replied with if he stood there afk it was his fault. Boy, was there anything Taldag didnt tell me about seizures.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    To be fair, SB was having 1v1 at gta yesterday :v
    Sure, aslong they get to be in charge of everything. They decide which ones who are allowed or not. At a point people like Hellswolf & Chip got ganked over a period of time. So me and Daven gathered some folks and wiped out the freeps at GTA multiple times . I also killed some of the freeps when they least expected it, they got really pissed off from the taste of their own medicine. People like Grogog & Glee are cool, because without them creeps would have to fill in a resumè to be allowed participating in what should be an open event.
    Im not saying SB are bad people, Im saying that some freeps should be smacked cause of the way they treat others.

I mean come on, I got ganked cause some people dislike me, which is fine, but when I hear about people in my tribe who is just there to have fun being ganked cause some of the freeps were bored or they did something they didnt know was wrong...Im sure some freeps have felt the same way. Its cyber bullying, they think it is ok cause they get to point and laugh.. I wont forget and Im always ready to give some payback. Think Ive lost respect for 85% of those I used to 1v1 on a regular basis.

Im just glad there are still people like Glee & Grogog to put them in their place.

I ganked Vinner when I was a really big noob to PvMP. I will never forget that lol
    In my defence he was the one who dealt the most killing blows, I merely stood there and took them. Was fun though, having an angry chode after me.
    Last edited by Witch0King; Jan 20 2013 at 08:03 PM.

Someone ought to remind taldag this isn't club penguin.

And i don't know about any of that, there were an even number of sb and non sb. Just left people to their own devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    Someone ought to remind taldag this isn't club penguin.

And i don't know about any of that, there were an even number of sb and non sb. Just left people to their own devices.
    Club Penguin was fun until I got banned for saying Mutha.

the 1v1 thing I was talking about happend during that period you werent playing/leveling your guard. Only reason im dragging it up is so people can avoid it in the future and maybe to remind freeps that their pedestal aint that high

Once saw this quote, dont remember it so well:
    "we can forgive, but never forget".

Quote Originally Posted by Shau'nac View Post

Totally makes sense!
    I remember that day. It was hilarious but sad at the same time.

There should be like a bigger rez circle at former Plains OP with two elite archers, that would oneshoot the third person to enter. Or second creep/freep. Arena. Finally.
    Trait trees have ruined the game

PvMP 1vs1

The hotspot behind Lugz was usually where we had 1v1s.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000001e4f9/01002/signature.png]Melicki[/charsig]

Boston Red Sox, this is their Year!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast