We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Quest Pack discounts?! PLEASE!

My brother and I have been playing for a little over a month together now, and we are really waiting to buy up some quest packs once they are on sale. Like the 3995 quest pack that has a bunch of quest packs in one for example!

Instead of putting up "junk" for sale the past month, at least starting putting up at least one quest pack for sale each week! PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP? Without a sale on quest packs, we won't be spending our Turbine Points and we won't be progressing our main characters in the game either. Thanks for listening, I hope...

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyK45238 View Post
    My brother and I have been playing for a little over a month together now, and we are really waiting to buy up some quest packs once they are on sale. Like the 3995 quest pack that has a bunch of quest packs in one for example!

Instead of putting up "junk" for sale the past month, at least starting putting up at least one quest pack for sale each week! PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP? Without a sale on quest packs, we won't be spending our Turbine Points and we won't be progressing our main characters in the game either. Thanks for listening, I hope...
    There was a big quest pack sale during the month December, so it is likely that there won't be one soon. I were you, just keep farming points and get one, then go back to farming points for another and so on or just buy points/expansion/go V.I.P

By patterns of quest pack sales, you won't likely see one within at least no more than 1 month with 2 weeks at the least.

Wow, just my luck! Missed it :{

Thank you for the info though!

It really would be nice for us newer players to see one quest pack go on sale every week. Just a suggestion.

Seems like most of the stuff that has been on sale since we started playing is very non essential and with our limited cash at the moment, quest packs are what we'll be waiting for. We won't hold our breath though..

Another week goes by without one quest pack for sale. Could you please start putting at least one quest pack on sale each week? It would be awesome and I would spend my TP instead of sitting on it each week on more pointless sales...

I would like content before the luxury items unlocked. Once I purchase as many quest packs and expansions as I can afford, I will then move on to the fluff items.

They won't ever put a quest pack on sale every week. However they do go on sale fairly often (or at least it seems like it).

Breeland, Ered Luin, Shire, and Lone lands are all free. Work through those areas (you'll be level 30 by the time you're done with Lone lands) and do the deeds. By the time you're done there will be several quest pack sales and you'll have lots of TP to spend on them.

I've been playing for a year and so far I've gotten Evendim, Forochel, Misty Mountains, Eregion, Moria, Isenguard, Mirkwood all through sales.
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

Quote Originally Posted by Ioralor View Post
    They won't ever put a quest pack on sale every week. However they do go on sale fairly often (or at least it seems like it).

Breeland, Ered Luin, Shire, and Lone lands are all free. Work through those areas (you'll be level 30 by the time you're done with Lone lands) and do the deeds. By the time you're done there will be several quest pack sales and you'll have lots of TP to spend on them.

I've been playing for a year and so far I've gotten Evendim, Forochel, Misty Mountains, Eregion, Moria, Isenguard, Mirkwood all through sales.
    That's where I am on several characters, waiting to move into Evendim once there is a sale... has been over a month now. Ready to buy either the combo quest pack which is 3995 or Evendim, whichever goes on sale first.

That's where I am on several characters, waiting to move into Evendim once there is a sale... has been over a month now. Ready to buy either the combo quest pack which is 3995 or Evendim, whichever goes on sale first.
    Another approach would be to check out the local GameStop. If they still have the LOTRO Mithril Edition in the store, you can get four more quest packs and 2000 turbine points for $9.99.

OK, Trollshaws (which is the next lowest area) isn't a very good area. And the rest are higher level than you're probably ready for.

But you also get 2000 turbine points, which is enough to buy (in level order):
    • North Downs
    • Inn of the Forsaken Instance Pack
    • Evendim
    You'll also only need 80 more points to buy the Misty Mountains. You should have at least 80 points from all the deeds you're working on, right?

Even if the local GameStop doesn't have it in stock, you can download it from their website for $19.99. Instead of getting the quest packs on sale, you're getting the points on sale. (Granted, it would be even cooler if you were able to do both.)

When you get the package, don't bother reinstalling the program. All you really need is the product key. Go to your account on Turbine and enter it in.

No, I don't know if you can buy multiple copies of the Mithril Edition and get an additional 2000 points each. If you can, that's a discount over any other method I know of for buying points. But it seems wrong, so I haven't tried it yet.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000028d222/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik.Coulter View Post
    Another approach would be to check out the local GameStop. If they still have the LOTRO Mithril Edition in the store, you can get four more quest packs and 2000 turbine points for $9.99.

OK, Trollshaws (which is the next lowest area) isn't a very good area. And the rest are higher level than you're probably ready for.

But you also get 2000 turbine points, which is enough to buy (in level order):
    • North Downs
    • Inn of the Forsaken Instance Pack
    • Evendim
    You'll also only need 80 more points to buy the Misty Mountains. You should have at least 80 points from all the deeds you're working on, right?

Even if the local GameStop doesn't have it in stock, you can download it from their website for $19.99. Instead of getting the quest packs on sale, you're getting the points on sale. (Granted, it would be even cooler if you were able to do both.)

When you get the package, don't bother reinstalling the program. All you really need is the product key. Go to your account on Turbine and enter it in.

No, I don't know if you can buy multiple copies of the Mithril Edition and get an additional 2000 points each. If you can, that's a discount over any other method I know of for buying points. But it seems wrong, so I haven't tried it yet.
    What a coincidence. I had already gone out and bought the downloadable Mithril Edition before reading your reply...lol

Now I am still wanting to get Evendim, Isengard Expansion, and ROR Expansion. Bottom line, I am waiting for a sale! I have 5800 TP atm and no cash to spend, so the only way I'll be able to get these is with a 30% off sale or such. My main is level 69 now so I will play my alts to 65 or until there is a decent quest pack/expansion/discount sale. I just can't afford to spend any more cash right now.

Turbine, please have a 30% sale soon! It has been since November 9th, 2012 since your last good discount sale! Any quest packs I don't have that go on sale 30-50% I will purchase as well.

Exclamation DON'T spend your TP to purchase eriador quest pack

DON'T spend your TP to purchase eriador quest pack i suggest you to complete epic quests until lvl 75 and collect some extra TP to purchase riders of rohan quest pack to lvl up easier to lvl 85

Individual quest packs do go on sale frequently, but the bundles (such as that 3995 quest pack, expansion bundles, skirmish bundles, etc) are only rarely put on sale directly. Every once in a while, though, they offer special coupons ("Determine Your Discount") valid on everything in your cart. If you are planning to buy the quest pack bundles and/or expansion bundles with TP, those are worth waiting for.

A typical "Determine Your Discount" offer might provide a 10% off coupon (valid on carts with a total of 1000+ TP), a 20% off coupon (2000+ TP), and a 30% off coupon (3000+ TP). Exact details vary with each offering, so read the fine print. They are usually announced on Facebook or Twitter or the game launcher or the store sale page, but Turbine can be very inconsistent in these types of announcements.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by lioheart View Post
    There was a big quest pack sale during the month December, so it is likely that there won't be one soon. I were you, just keep farming points and get one, then go back to farming points for another and so on or just buy points/expansion/go V.I.P

By patterns of quest pack sales, you won't likely see one within at least no more than 1 month with 2 weeks at the least.
    If memory serves that wasn't a quest pack sale but a 50% off expansion pack sale, or do I not remember correctly?
    We had a 20% off QPs before the Christmas Holidays and it's been a long time since we had the last 50% off quest packs so I would say we are closer to a new good deal than 1 month... *fingers crossed*
    [COLOR=#E36C09][b]We Fight For Food Kinship[/b][/COLOR] - [COLOR=#9BBB59][i]Nimrodel Server[/i][/COLOR]
    Visit our [url=www.wefightforfood.com]website[/url] or find us on fb :)