We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Visionseer View Post
    So, I put together this third-ager. But, in the one raid I got in with this bow, I kept stealing aggro anyway, and getting pounded.
    If you stole aggro from the tanks using that bow, then those are some pretty sh*tty tanks.

But I would as many people have already said just not worry about those threat reduction legacies. Go for the Induction Bow/Focus Bow Crit Multiplier, Quick Shot Crit Rating, Barbed Arrow Bleed Damage, then whatever other two legacies you want (I go with Agility and Vitality Legacies). As Patriotpea said just get a hot-swap bow for the Heart Seeker/Burn Hot Legacies.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy12410 View Post
    If you stole aggro from the tanks using that bow, then those are some pretty sh*tty tanks.
    Unfortunately this is very true. Tanks have to learn how to keep the aggro from trigger happy hunters (My kin has a LOT of them >) However, you can lower the aggro-stealing from the tanks by being a bit more strategic in when you use what skills. I always, ALWAYS go with my smallest, lowest damage while the tanks are building their aggro (NEVER open a raid battle with heartseeker, burn hot, blood arrow, etc...). IF the tanks somehow lose aggro, stop your DPS right away and let them grab it back. If you continue to go ALL OUT, it'll make it that much harder for the tanks to grab it back. In my opinion, the best raid build of a bow is two threat down legacies, two power cost legacies and two crit multiplier legacies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondarthos View Post
    Unfortunately this is very true. Tanks have to learn how to keep the aggro from trigger happy hunters (My kin has a LOT of them >) However, you can lower the aggro-stealing from the tanks by being a bit more strategic in when you use what skills. I always, ALWAYS go with my smallest, lowest damage while the tanks are building their aggro (NEVER open a raid battle with heartseeker, burn hot, blood arrow, etc...). IF the tanks somehow lose aggro, stop your DPS right away and let them grab it back. If you continue to go ALL OUT, it'll make it that much harder for the tanks to grab it back. In my opinion, the best raid build of a bow is two threat down legacies, two power cost legacies and two crit multiplier legacies.
    I did have those same problems when I joined my first raiding kin (was in a casual kin for a few months after I hit level cap back in RoI), but have not had those since I joined my current kin. I honestly haven't really had that problem in my kin, and in our kin we have probably 8 out of the top 10 hunters of the server. But in all fairness, we do also happen to have two of the best Guardians on the server as well.

And really, opening with Heart Seeker is a joke. The induction takes way too long and the crits just aren't good enough. On the other hand, I never have problems opening up with Swift Bow or Blood Arrow (usually open with SB but will occasionally open with Blood Arrow), but for that I will refer you to my statement above. As long as you know what you're doing in the raids, and you know your tanks and how they work with aggro, you shouldn't have a problem. I know how my tanks work, I know when to DPS and what skills to use. But I will admit it took me quite a while to learn those things.

But since I am able to DPS at my own will usually, I don't have to worry about the threat down legacies on my bow :P
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy12410 View Post

And really, opening with Heart Seeker is a joke. The induction takes way too long and the crits just aren't good enough.
    Sadly, you have no idea how many huntards I see on Imladris doing that.
    [center][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/28sbtrk.jpg[/IMG][/center]

most of what Tongra said is what you should do, besides the part about endurance and threat-management, give the tank 2(!) not 1, not 3, but 2 seconds headstart, or 2 skills if you like. If a tank cant hold your dps he isnt worthy of your time. Your part in a raid is doing damage, his part is producing more threat than you do damage(which he should be able to if he press the correct buttons at the right time...), if he cant do that, in 9/10 cases its his/hers fault and in a pug its a lot easier to blame dps than the tank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2