We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warden Renown

Warden Renown

Well, since I can't actually talk to creepside I'd figure I'd atleast let all those know.
    I've noticed a lot of pets being named after me, which I am honored that you think about me so much. It seems you believe I am farming all the time. So, I'll let you know, as I did freepside, what happened.

2 1/2 weeks ago I started in the moors, and knew very little about pvmp (first time playing w/ sub). I had read on massively about being able to kill greavers and gms said it was fine. For levels 1-5, i purely did pvp, none of that. But, during my first week, I did have a time where the server was dead and wanted to be in moors and thought I'd try it out. I got 22k renown that day and everyone was calling me out in ooc. I didn't realize it was a big deal (as I said new to moors) and got around 20k renown from it (to move me from r6 to r7, I had already earned enough through normal pvp for all my gear, just bored and wanted renown. bought power potions w/ the comms).

Once I found out about that it was a big "no" in moors etiquette the next day, I haven't done it since. The last 2 days I have had 10k renown, but that is from soloing and playing for around 8 hours a day. You can ask Pigeon and Feld as they saw me get around 8k one of those days in a ec / lugz rez battle of about 5 creeps on 3 freeps.

So since my first week and the 22k renown one day (which is now a little over a week ago), I haven't touched farming. If, however, you would like to continue to rename your pets about me, that'd be fine. But I wanted to atleast set the record straight that I'm not trying to cheat in the moors or do against the norms, just didn't know the norms as being my first week in the moors.

Any questions, feel free to msg me or you can do whatever. I don't really care, but since I continually see pets named after me, I figured you guys must be talking about it and would give you the facts.

- Smudgeblot

farmer is easy to say...
    Crickhollow - Scratzod r6 Champ - Scratzw r7 Burg - / Healpot r7 Defiler
    Brandywine - Pinha r8 Spider - Litleponey r9 Reaver / Qris-1 r11 miniEzmode

Quote Originally Posted by the_smudge View Post
    For levels 1-5, i purely did pvp, none of hat. But, during my first week, I did have a time where the server was dead and wanted to be in moors and thought I'd try it out. I got 22k renown that day and everyone was calling me out in ooc. I didn't realize it was a big deal (as I said new to moors) and got around 20k renown from it (to move me from r6 to r7, I had already earned enough through normal pvp for all my gear, just bored and wanted renown. bought power potions w/ the comms).
    You read what you wrote right? You might want to proof read a little better before hitting the "submit" button in the future. Essentially your saying you had minimal to no expirence in the moors but in the first week you did nothing but PVP levels 1-5, then during your first week (see bolded part) you farmed 22k to get from R6-7. So essentially you get 71k in a week, 1-5 purely through PvP.

Facts are funny things, often when they dont work out the way we want we attempt to present them in a manner which seems like the outcome we desire is being derived. You should have read the post better before posting but it really dosent matter does it?

You've admitted to farming, im sure you'll have no problem getting into groups freepside because of it. Should you have problems (and I find it doubtful you will) well, what can I say? its rough out there solo these days, Everyone is hustling for rank

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    You read what you wrote right? You might want to proof read a little better before hitting the "submit" button in the future. Essentially your saying you had minimal to no expirence in the moors but in the first week you did nothing but PVP levels 1-5, then during your first week (see bolded part) you farmed 22k to get from R6-7. So essentially you get 71k in a week, 1-5 purely through PvP.

Facts are funny things, often when they dont work out the way we want we attempt to present them in a manner which seems like the outcome we desire is being derived. You should have read the post better before posting but it really dosent matter does it?

You've admitted to farming, im sure you'll have no problem getting into groups freepside because of it. Should you have problems (and I find it doubtful you will) well, what can I say? its rough out there solo these days, Everyone is hustling for rank
    you act like 71k inf is a lot..... during the holidays when i could spend 8+ hours a day on creepside in groups/raids rez/GV camping i made over 100k ........not hard now-a-days
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000011aae/signature.png]Bigbaggie[/charsig]

Tinybaggie r8, Fiestyspitter r6,Traind r8, Jaydyn r6, Thistledown r6

Quote Originally Posted by shak_me View Post
    you act like 71k inf is a lot..... during the holidays when i could spend 8+ hours a day on creepside in groups/raids rez/GV camping i made over 100k ........not hard now-a-days
    Isnt it a lot for someone whos not been in the moors and is at R0 to start? I forget how easy it is to get rank these days. It was never this easy, I guess it is possible to get R7 in a week.... Even if you only farm 30% of it.

My tldr for farmers is best represented by one Sweet Brown, clearly she is wrong because some do have time for that, I dont.

idk i got from r7 - r8 on two different creeps as well as r5-6 all within 7-10 days. and got 2 of them full aud at the same time. took me another 3-4 days to get enough comms to get me 4 freep pieces of +2 aud gear as well. and that was all within 10-12 days on average of 8 hours a day. i think its easily feasible, especially if one is on during peak times, doesn't always solo and does occasional 1v1's.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000011aae/signature.png]Bigbaggie[/charsig]

Tinybaggie r8, Fiestyspitter r6,Traind r8, Jaydyn r6, Thistledown r6

Quote Originally Posted by shak_me View Post
    idk i got from r7 - r8 on two different creeps as well as r5-6 all within 7-10 days. and got 2 of them full aud at the same time. took me another 3-4 days to get enough comms to get me 4 freep pieces of +2 aud gear as well. and that was all within 10-12 days on average of 8 hours a day. i think its easily feasible, especially if one is on during peak times, doesn't always solo and does occasional 1v1's.
    Wow, well thats more time then I have to invest but I dont doubt your word. Still that makes farming absolutely pathetic then, I mean Ive never really put it in context of R0-8.... It took me a long time to rank an hour here or there pre RoR. Ive got nearly 2k deaths on my warg the early days were god dam brutal. So why are these people farming themselves if its that easy now?

Really just curious as to what you think, is it lack of desire to die or just flat out wanting the gear for PvE purposes?

I ponder what almost everyones definition of the word "Farm" is. First of all, Smudgeblot is a warden... ok so that tells us what? Hes nearly indestructible as far as soloing goes. I dont see how Smudge should become of all this bad reputation when in fact the ONLY point of the Ettenmoors is to kill the enemy. Now weather or not he gets 22k in a day or 100k its all the same. Ive come to find that the only people who have a problem with this are those on creepside, probably because Smudge ruined there 2k rating or whatever you guys care about. Now I think if you have a problem with Smudge, settle it like a man and find him out there and 1v1 him or whatever you guys do to settle an issue. Just my two cents on the matter, you guys forget this is a game and take it way too seriously. Now, time to stop the qq, and go have some fun.

as to the inf.. my spider got r7 in less then a week with no farming! it's almost sad how easy it is to rank now. as to the main point Smudge, I knew you farmed that 1 day, but ain't seen any sign you have since and accept that it was a mistake! your all good in my book even if my poor warg can't kill you
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

Quote Originally Posted by Cardeneth View Post
    I ponder what almost everyones definition of the word "Farm" is. First of all, Smudgeblot is a warden... ok so that tells us what? Hes nearly indestructible as far as soloing goes. I dont see how Smudge should become of all this bad reputation when in fact the ONLY point of the Ettenmoors is to kill the enemy. Now weather or not he gets 22k in a day or 100k its all the same. Ive come to find that the only people who have a problem with this are those on creepside, probably because Smudge ruined there 2k rating or whatever you guys care about. Now I think if you have a problem with Smudge, settle it like a man and find him out there and 1v1 him or whatever you guys do to settle an issue. Just my two cents on the matter, you guys forget this is a game and take it way too seriously. Now, time to stop the qq, and go have some fun.
    definition of farm in case of freeps.. they have another account on which they make a freaver and kill themselves over and over (or has friends who let you kill them over and over) most people don't have a problem with people getting tons of inf/nown if was was gained in legit action. that was peoples problem just to clear that up not that with his warden he managed to kill people hehe, after all wardens can kill nearly everything atm
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

I was out there for8-10 hours that day, believe me, moors was dead. I got 5k renown and made 2nd spot on freepside. top creep made 5k also.

So, smudge made it pretty obvious he was fcing with 20k when there was nothing out. Been out there in the moors enough to know that if someone gets 4x the points of the runner-ups on both sides, something is fishy.

But he admits he didnt know about moors ethics, I believe him but he knows he's being watched....
    [URL=http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/Francois_Legare/media/teacuteleacutechargement8_zps595ab102.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/Francois_Legare/teacuteleacutechargement8_zps595ab102.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I like to rename my pets after everyone. I just like to talk &&&& and try to make you guys push. Smudge is one of my favorite targets to rename for being from Asylum and being a known farmer. If you don't do it anymore thats cool...I don't accept the argument that you "didn't know the moors etiquette after you said you were called out in OOC multiple times. Your a tough kill and your going to catch hate from that but as long as you don't farm again idc.
    High Treason

|Cuath R11 Captain|
    |Original Challenger of Gothmog|

eh just don't do it again... not like there's that many wardens or guards in the moors anyway... lol

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    not like there's that many wardens
    Tell that to the 10000 bleeds and life taps (I think it's a life tap? not sure?) I get on myself from 4 wardens every now and again. (no srsly, 2 rows sometimes, it's ridiculous)
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

It would make my day if someone named a pet after me!

Much better than gettin a candy headache...

I threw half cooked marshmallows at the Wargs, but nothing seemed to stop them...

To be honest, if he farms who cares? C'mon, it is because of the gear? Man, you can get full aud before touch half way to r7, just joinning the freaking zergs, yeah bacause zerg is way more legal than farm!
    That if we don't talk about our buddies exploiters shotting people inside rezz circles and climbing freaking walls. That's cool, farm errr nope.
    I would totally farm till r8 if i had a burg capped or a cappy. I want the gear, and I wouldn't plan to go back there anymore once I got it.

Well it's funny talk about etiquet when we talk about moors. Really ironic

/hugs to u Charm, biggest chicken of Freep side
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000f4d87/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

To Aggro or Not to Aggro...

Quote Originally Posted by Kethean View Post
    It would make my day if someone named a pet after me!

Much better than gettin a candy headache...
    I'll name my pet after you Keth lol.
    High Treason

|Cuath R11 Captain|
    |Original Challenger of Gothmog|

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Wow, well thats more time then I have to invest but I dont doubt your word. Still that makes farming absolutely pathetic then, I mean Ive never really put it in context of R0-8.... It took me a long time to rank an hour here or there pre RoR. Ive got nearly 2k deaths on my warg the early days were god dam brutal. So why are these people farming themselves if its that easy now?

Really just curious as to what you think, is it lack of desire to die or just flat out wanting the gear for PvE purposes?
    why do people farm for mord brands? you could just get to rank 15 and earn it for real..... is this also pathetic? Taking the much easier route to gain an playing advantage?
    Last edited by therealwhizzy; Jan 19 2013 at 02:32 PM.
    work in progress...

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000004848d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Erlessa View Post
    Tell that to the 10000 bleeds and life taps (I think it's a life tap? not sure?) I get on myself from 4 wardens every now and again. (no srsly, 2 rows sometimes, it's ridiculous)
    Now thats funny coming from a spider.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000072050/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by therealwhizzy View Post
    why do people farm for mord brands? you could just get to rank 15 and earn it for real..... is this also pathetic? Taking the much easier route to gain an playing advantage?
    One event is not a breach in the rules. Flawed.

Try defending your buds with something more versalite
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashy View Post

I might be wrong, but Whizzy might not even know smudge, lol. Also technically neither is a breach of rules accoring to turbine, just that farming is considered lame. If you had only one thing as a reward - brand cd, people getting the best brand for nothing would be lame for you too.

Lotro PVP Videos l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Rashy View Post

Could you post a link that states farming is against against the rules I really dont know i just assume this is a matter of ethics.
    work in progress...

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000004848d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by therealwhizzy View Post
    Could you post a link that states farming is against against the rules I really dont know i just assume this is a matter of ethics.
    I'm sorry, I don't have the quote from Kelsan anymore.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

Quote Originally Posted by Luth' View Post
    Well it's funny talk about etiquet when we talk about moors. Really ironic

/hugs to u Charm, biggest chicken of Freep side
    That last part is also ironic, lol. But w/e

Lotro PVP Videos l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

While farming isn't against the rules strictly, it is not approved by devs and most players.

And it's definitely a matter of ethics, a matter if you have it or not.
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast