We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gold drop rates are pitiful

this is just crazy im running t2c content multiple times a day, and although i have seen some gold peices drop (only in BG) the fact that after 300+ runs of t2c content i have not yet gotten a gold item for any of my toons, i cant think of much that is more demotivating than seing just a bounty or a purple gear with a cruddy relic only in chest after chest. most peoples patience with this situation is at or near its end. PLEASE turbine we cannot wait for U10 for a solution to this problem, please get 9.1 out ASAP and include a loot drop fix

Your observation is an inherent problem of the new loot system awarding items on an individual basis. From data in other threads, the drop chance for golden items is about 1%. Then, a quarter of people will get what they want after the first 28 runs, the next quarter will need 29-68 runs, the third quarter will see the first golden drop after 69-137 tries, und the unlucky 25% need more than 137 runs without any guarantee that they get what they are striving for in the near future.

10% of people will even have to run the instance more than 228 times. So, you belong to a not so small group.
    Just raising the drop chances considerably will not be satisfactory either. The above distribution is rather skewed, so many people will get the drop after (too) few runs and have not real motivation to do it over and over again whereas others will still have to wait quite a long time.

The old systems:
    - chests with a limited amount of items or
    - a random number of barter items (as in ToO with the necklace and in Great River)
    give you a very high probability to get what you want after 20-40 runs which is acceptable for most of us. For short instances, it may even be a bit more, but not in the hundreds.

The new system has some nice features (simplicity and equal chances), but definitely needs some modification to avoid frustrating the dedicated players accepting a moderate amount of grind. And the forum is full of people who are not happy with getting bounties or useless purple gear over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by wakeandbacon View Post
    this is just crazy im running t2c content multiple times a day, and although i have seen some gold peices drop (only in BG) the fact that after 300+ runs of t2c content i have not yet gotten a gold item for any of my toons, i cant think of much that is more demotivating than seing just a bounty or a purple gear with a cruddy relic only in chest after chest. most peoples patience with this situation is at or near its end. PLEASE turbine we cannot wait for U10 for a solution to this problem, please get 9.1 out ASAP and include a loot drop fix
    I couldnt agree with you more.

I don't understand why we have to wait for update 10 either.

Only thing that would make sense is that Turbine doesnt want to increase the chances now , so that they keep players busy
    with grinding.Ow well , in my eyes , tired/frustrated gamers are worse than bored gamers , who might take a break for a while or play less , but will come back when new stuff launch.
    Also , there are Loot BUGS , DG gold items drop from erebor challenge quests and one ( afaik ) teal missing from loot table.
    WHY can't at least those 2 be fixed ASAP ??????? Why do we have to wait 1.5 month or more AGAIN ???????????????
    I really don't get it , when it comes to fixes this game is so slow and that makes really sad!
    I guess turbine knows better , as always.............

However , for anyone who thinks we should go back to the old system , i'll have to disagree with you .
    The current system looks perfect to me , it's just the chances that ruin it.
    Ow, and btw , chances overall are more like 0.5% than 1%.
    Ofc , it depends on what you do , what tier etc.
    And yeah , there is a chance you get no gold item , even if you do 300 runs or more.

This is awful , just awful.

I got my gold shield on captain after barely 10 runs give or take.

Since then , i've farmed 250+ instances with my minstrel ( my main ) and got nothing.
    At the same time fellow kin mates got the same gold item 2 or even 3 times , while others have done more instances than me and got nothing.

I realise there are worse cases than mine and it's not my purpose to whine about not getting loot , i am just
    saying current chances make the loot system completely unfair!
    Luck is a factor in every MMO , but dedication should provide you the item you are after even if you are not lucky.

And finally , for anyone claiming you only get bounties , you seem to forget you also get a decent ammount of marks in every instance you complete.Marks can be bartered for almost anything you like , so no , it ain't just bounties , no matter how unlucky you might be : D
    Last edited by BotLike; Jan 21 2013 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    And finally , for anyone claiming you only get bounties , you seem to forget you also get a decent ammount of marks in every instance you complete.Marks can be bartered for almost anything you like , so no , it ain't just bounties , no matter how unlucky you might be : D
    So what do you do with marks/meds/seals when you've maxed out your soldier (or all soldiers for that matter), bought all scrolls needed to upgrade your LIs and have a BG set armor just-in-case? marks are only important for the first 10 bosses or so, what after that? Bounties is about the only thing you get at times, some relics and IXP would be nice, but there's no gurantee for that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fralin View Post
    So what do you do with marks/meds/seals when you've maxed out your soldier (or all soldiers for that matter), bought all scrolls needed to upgrade your LIs and have a BG set armor just-in-case? marks are only important for the first 10 bosses or so, what after that? Bounties is about the only thing you get at times, some relics and IXP would be nice, but there's no gurantee for that yet.
    Barter for relics/ixp ?
    Barter extra stuff to sell in order to buy a jewel you miss or just stack gold for the lols ?

When you complete a t2c , you get enough to barter a couple of t6.

So there is not much difference really compairing to what it used to be.
    Unless you would like it to be something similar to 'in their absense' cluster where tones of relics/ixp dropped in every run,
    for which you then rolled to get.