We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

abc music on MAC?

I have been trying to play a song using abc on my mac but for some reason i get some error that the file could not be found. is this some kind of Bug. are there any others MAC players who are able to play music? if so tell me what im doing wrong

thanks in advance

I don't know about mac. But on PC, you can do this:

1) take a screenshot
    2) look for the screenshot in the filesystem
    3) in that directory, make the directory 'music'
    4) put the abc in that 'music' directory

if that's where your music directory is, then I have no idea...

This problem is quite common even with PC users. It simply means your abc file was not saved in the right directory. You need to understand the path to the document folder where LOTRO (Turbine) is located and in that file you must either create a Music folder or if there is one there you need to direct your saved abc files to that folder.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Laurefinde View Post
    This problem is quite common even with PC users. It simply means your abc file was not saved in the right directory. You need to understand the path to the document folder where LOTRO (Turbine) is located and in that file you must either create a Music folder or if there is one there you need to direct your saved abc files to that folder.
    No, in this case, the reason music doesn't work as expected is because whoever did the port across to Mac forgot to follow path naming protocol. Until Turbine debug this, it won't work as expected. However, there is a workaround.

The problem: there is a backslash (\) in the pathname, so ~/Library/Application Support/com.turbine.lotroclient/Music/ does not work.

Workaraound: instead of creating the Music file in the location shown, save your abc files directly to the com.turbine.lotroclient folder, prefixing each with 'Music\'.This fools the system into seeing a windows-style pathname.

Example: You have a music file 'my music.abc', stored in ~/Library/Application Support/com.turbine.lotroclient/Music/

Step one: Open the Music folder and rename the file 'Music\mymusic.abc
    Step two: Drag the file out od the Music folder into the parent folder (~/Library/Application Support/com.turbine.lotroclient/), or cut and paste it there.
    Step three: in the LOTRO client type /music then /play mymusic
    (note that you don't need the 'Music\' prefix as this is read as the 'folder' by the client.)

That should work. Sadly I don't know of an abc plugin that works with the Mac yet, and I haven't got songbook to work. But, this way you can at least play music form your directory; you just need to remember the file names.
    Mac Player since 2010

I found a fix for this, check the Mac Technical area
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000024bd9d/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig] ~Mac Player~