We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Damage in the moors

I'm a returning hunter, I played most commonly in MoM and RoI, and from my past experiences, I was like a class cannon as a hunter. I could do some considerable damage, but I also died quickly, which I could deal with. Now returning in RoR, I'm finding the damage im doing to creeps to be utterly paltry. I figured it was due to lack luster weapons, but even after upgrading to 85 second ages I have very little chance to do the 20k damage required to kill most creeps before my 10k is gone. I run 5 blue, 1 red and 1 yellow. I'm also still using the 75 PvP gear, but I dont feel the difference would be this large only because of that (edit, I lose about 10% damage with the 75 gear compared to 85 BG gear). The high crit defense of most creeps leaves my DPS lacking, and im not sure what to do in regards to that.

So, what gives? Are creeps stacking beleriand mitigation? Should I try a different kind of damage type? Are hunters just garbage in the moors now more than ever? Any tips appreciated.
    Last edited by Stanimir; Jan 16 2013 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanimir View Post
    I'm a returning hunter, I played most commonly in MoM and RoI, and from my past experiences, I was like a class cannon as a hunter. I could do some considerable damage, but I also died quickly, which I could deal with. Now returning in RoR, I'm finding the damage im doing to creeps to be utterly paltry. I figured it was due to lack luster weapons, but even after upgrading to 85 second ages I have very little chance to do the 20k damage required to kill most creeps before my 10k is gone. I run 5 blue, 1 red and 1 yellow. I'm also still using the 75 PvP gear, but I dont feel the difference would be this large only because of that (edit, I lose about 10% damage with the 75 gear compared to 85 BG gear). The high crit defense of most creeps leaves my DPS lacking, and im not sure what to do in regards to that.

So, what gives? Are creeps stacking beleriand mitigation? Should I try a different kind of damage type? Are hunters just garbage in the moors now more than ever? Any tips appreciated.
    The obvious response is that the hunter class has been neglected and has been left in the dust with a build that was meant for ROI and beforehand. The responses that the 'knowledgeable' resistance of all things hunter related would say would be that of the most illustrious and heart moving message of L2P.

I have had the same issue as you.

Most Hunters tend to use oils out in the Moors, particularly Fire. Try that and see if it helps some..
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

getting the 85 pvp gear will help more than you think. twice the audacity. and make sure you're using bow-chants/fire oil. but yea, hunters arent in the best spot atm.

No problem with our damage - I run 2800+ agiity in PvE build and vapourize Elites & Sigs, problem is bloated Mits/Morale & OP Healing on creeps - don't worry the muppets (aka PvMP devs) will figure it out eventually

Part of the issue is approach, you simply cant stand back and burn a creep down before it gets to you. I remember tracking wargs popping one and lighting him up quick before we got into melee that isnt the case now. So your going to need to go 5 in the huntsman line for improved fleetness always keep that up. Slot critical eye and heightened sense. Get your 4 pieces of 2 aud precision and 2 of predator (for the crit bonus). Your going to need the best agility jewels you an find, the eomer crafted sets arent bad but the sigils are expensive.

Then we come to approach. Your going to need to be able to melee so thats why in the huntsman line your going to need to slot rapid recovery for the dazong blow cool down. I try and open with low cut for the 50% slow and run, get some range off swift bow if you can(make sure you have needful haste up, and resolute draw slotted). Then dazing blow (which they will pot) get as many IPS as you can run some more, pop cry of the hunter once thier immunity is down and pew pew everything you have.

If they are still up run some more, improved dazing blow or rain of thorns, fire away. Now if you can mouse turn well your good, Im so so at it but I havent mastered it. Still working on it. If they brand your screwed, if there is more then one and your alone your mostly screwed. Creeps are tough kills now for hunters, we have weak Melee.

Raid up and you should be fine, you'll get your points.

Right, i had much success in RoI with my hunter, it wasn't so much asking for how to play hunter, but rather, "dafuq happened to my damage?" From what I can tell, its the buff to creeps that really hurt hunters more than others. Thanks for the ideas.

Simply put, the Moors is more balanced now.

With U10 coming soon, I think hunters will have some buffs in the moors. The new battlefield promotions (unless Turbine really screws this up) will definitely help out with everything.

The change from 75 to 85 has been pretty rough on my hunter too. Changing to the blue line really made a difference in terms of how long I last in a fight. The DPS while not as high per hit, seems to be a little better due to frequency and consistency in pulling off skills.