We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lvl 29 Dwarf Guardian Looking For Kin in World Imladris

Your name, or character name and race (if known): Dathorli

Preferred server(s), if any. (This is not needed, just for kinship info.): Always Imladris

Location. (Timezone preferences if any, state/country, etc.): U.S Pacific Time

Playstyle. (Solo, group, PvE, PvP, RAIDs, casual, hardcore, end-game, RP, no RP, time limited, crafter, “I don’t know, I’m new to this kind of game”, etc.): I usually just stick to Solo.

MMO games you’ve played: Not many, does Runescape count? :3

Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: Well I have made it to artisan prospector and metalsmith, if people wanted me to make armor I could do so.

What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters): I'm looking for a kinship where the people are nice and aren't jerks! So far I've struck out twice trying to find a good kin.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000143865/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Oh hey Dathorli, long time no see. Funny how you refer to other kinships as being jerks, when you trolled your way out, and without even notifying a leader. Actually if I recall correctly, you refused to even give me a legit story when I tried to set things straight. You simply can't insult other kinships, when you are no better yourself. Goodluck with that kind of attitude.

Hi Dathorli!

Kinships seem to be a little hit and miss imo and i too have had my fair share of horror stories. I have a handful of characters on imladris, roughly ranging in level from 40-80. My characters are involved in 2 different kins which i have felt very privileged to be a part of. They are wrath to fury (more high level but still very approachable and helpful) and watchers of elendil (lots of different level characters and ages of players). If you are mainly solo playing atm, mixed level, high energy kins are a good bet. I would be happy to quest with you and introduce to my friends when i get back from holiday in about a month (mid-feb), if it is of any use to you. I wish you all the best in your search and questing and if you have any questions or issues that i could help with here id be happy to lend a hand.

Kind regards,

Fibs
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000edc55/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks guys, but I have found a very nice kinship that I plan to stick with for a while.

Kaelas is the owner (I presume) of a past kinship I was a member of. I attempted to buy an items from a kinsman and apparently I violated a rule. I was harassed by multiple members and was forced to leave.

If you feel the need to harass me further Kaelas, I suppose now is the time to do it. I wish you good luck in your kin and I hope the attitude of it changes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000143865/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Dathorli View Post
    Thanks guys, but I have found a very nice kinship that I plan to stick with for a while.

Kaelas is the owner (I presume) of a past kinship I was a member of. I attempted to buy an items from a kinsman and apparently I violated a rule. I was harassed by multiple members and was forced to leave.

If you feel the need to harass me further Kaelas, I suppose now is the time to do it. I wish you good luck in your kin and I hope the attitude of it changes.
    *Kaelalas

And bullcrap. Not once do I recall you trying to buy anything off of anyone in the kinship, nor are my kinsmen the type of players who would harrass you for it. As a matter of fact, there is even a rule in my kinship against harrassing other members, but there is no rule against trading/buying specifically. Regardless of whether this did or did not happen, it is still YOUR responsibility to report it to me so I can solve any issues (as that is my job).
    The fact you are framing my kinship just to create an excuse simply is not "kinly". I wish you goodluck with any future kinships, but framing a kinship of such things won't get you anywhere. In fact, if this is what you do to all kinships, then I highly recommend any future kinships keep an eye on you. I believe it would be you who needs to work on your attitude.

As I stated above, whether this did or did not happen, it is indeed your responsibility to report it to me (as a lot of the time I am unable to catch what happens in the kinship channel, whether I am offline or afk). If you did not report it to me, and instead up and go, then it is no one's fault but your own (assuming this did happen of course).

That is the end of my discussion, if you wish to take it further, then by all means contact me in-game. Just keep in mind that my kinship and I will not take blame for what never happened. Goodluck.

EDIT: Oh and, just to make things clear, the fact that you lied to me on multiple occassions when I tried to fix this in-game, points to this just being another lie on your side. After you left, I did in fact approach you and questioned you about what made you leave, which you told me a different story each time. If you weren't willing to give me a true story then, I doubt your story is true here either.
    Last edited by Killerunicorn5; Jan 17 2013 at 03:42 PM.

I sincerely apologize Kaelalas, I have mixed up your kinship with the Hunters of Moonshadow.

I did not attempt to frame your kinship for things it did not to, this was an honest mistake on my part.

The reason I left your kin is because I didn't feel like I was even part of it, I felt like an outcast. Many of the members were rude to me just because they didn't know me. This was why I left.

I am not sure why you are accusing me of changing my story on multiple occasions, because I don't remember you confronting me about leaving. I'm done arguing this with you because I want to avoid spamming the forum with a stupid argument. If you are really that immature to continue trying to "warn other kins about me," I really don't care. As I've said I believe three times now, I've found a kin that I love and will stay in for a very long time.

Thank you and have a nice day.

- Dathorli

I sincerely apologize Kaelalas, I have mixed up your kinship with the Hunters of Moonshadow.

I did not attempt to frame your kinship for things it did not to, this was an honest mistake on my part.

The reason I left your kin is because I didn't feel like I was even part of it, I felt like an outcast. Many of the members were rude to me just because they didn't know me. This was why I left.

I am not sure why you are accusing me of changing my story on multiple occasions, because I don't remember you confronting me about leaving. I'm done arguing this with you because I want to avoid spamming the forum with a stupid argument. If you are really that immature to continue trying to "warn other kins about me," I really don't care. As I've said I believe three times now, I've found a kin that I love and will stay in for a very long time.

- Dathorli
    What is so immature about protecting my kinship? I warned other kinships as well because at the time you were going out of your way to make us look bad (Or so it appeared). While I am sure you have your own opinion on us for whatever reason, it doesn't make it right to talk badly about other kinships openly. The reason I chased you on this topic is because you tried to make my kinship look like a bunch of jerks, when in fact, no one ever did anything to you. I was there when you left the kinship, I saw what went on, and your story is far off. You simply up and left for no reason when the kinship was on a different subject. As for multiple stories, I remember confronting you through an IM session and you tried to make up excuses to cover up your real reason for leaving. In fact, you even have two stories right on this topic. Once again, I will say that, and this goes for all kinships, if you have an issue regarding a kinship, it is best to report to the kinship's leader directly.

Now I will end this arguement right here. It is obvious you are still trying to cover yourself up by saying my kinsmen treat "outsiders" like garbage, when in fact, that is the very thing we fight against in another, annonymous kinship every day.

Now that this has been hopefully settled, I don't see why we need to go on with this arguement. After all, you created this thread to look for a guild, so let's change it back to that. I wish you good luck with your new kinship,

~Kaelalas
    Last edited by Killerunicorn5; Jan 17 2013 at 07:00 PM.

- Dathorli
    I've always seen our kin as quite a friendly group, but if a kin member was being rude to you, you could have just told me, Kael, or any officer and we would have dealt with it accordingly. We are very strict about bullying. Why do you think we dislike AUK so much? All they do is bully people who aren't in their kin. Treat people like garbage. This is why it's good to talk with leaders before leaving. This could easily have been straightened out. Good luck with the new kin.
    Last edited by lolusername; Jan 17 2013 at 07:06 PM.