We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    Thank you my dear friends for sharing, and I look forward to seeing you both out in the moors soon and often......
    I will probably come less often since I'm learning the burg trade, but will spread some love to you asap
    Trait trees have ruined the game

******** problem is this: the higher ranked creeps become, the more powerful and overpowered they become. they gain skills which no freep skills can rival.********* Ya, okay? So? A high rank creep has worked harder than any freep has to get there rank for skills than a freep has to get skills by grinding NPCS. Things changed because for ALL these years, freeps could level to cap in days and therefore receive all skills allowed. Know any creep that can acquire all his skills in days? That's what I thought. SOOO T-bine decided that creeps have been getting the ish kicked out of them for so long that they made our skills more obtainable. The store was a great idea, because nobody is going to ever experience a rank 14 skill that is just now playing. Until now. Want to talk about real problems in game? You talk about how its hard to fight new creeps..okay we are OP to you guys..OP to us is 5 of us beating on a Warden for 10 mins and walking away because you cannot kill him. THATS OP. Beating on a minny from EC to GV and them getting away...THATS OP. A whole raid beating on a healing RK and not making a dent..THATS OP.

Whoa dude, and how can you say ****(maps, march on the run- which is ridiculous)****.....You have a horse which I might add is almost as fast as a reavers charge. So please find sense in what you say. Unbelievable the &&&& you guys come up with the cry about. Get a new hobby. It's a game..Not a job.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000195ba2/signature.png]Angrel[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Pausekey View Post
    Most of the PvE content is becoming completely solo friendly. Look at all the gear and items that can be achieved from solo play now. This game is quickly moving away from a group experience in PvE content. Which makes it all the more odd that their emphasis on PvMP is grouping.

This game is old, many servers have very few players out at non peak times and sometimes only a couple more during prime time. Lots of nights on gladden one side will raid up and the other side simply cannot get numbers to fight. Pushing group play exclusively just doesn't really work anymore.

Some people don't want to group and never will. Saying freeps/creeps need to group over and over won't change that. It might be time for the devs to stop projecting their "ideal PvMP zone" on us and actually look at how the moors plays out.

1v1s have always been about balancing yourself to best test skills against an opponent. Of course the classes don't match up, its up to the player to challenge themselves.

But like store bought skills, allowing gear to be gained through solo play or pathetically easy 3 mans seems to be the way the game is going. Maybe their goal is for armies of 1st age wielding, gold-item geared freeps to have non-stop RvR action against fully R15 store skilled creeps.
    1) I wasn't talking about PvE content but PvMP. As far as I know, for creeps - PvE doesn't give anything, but some lootboxes, brands, cosmetics and skills. But this is usual stuff, which won't help you much in pvp.

2) Actually you can get the numbers. Just start the group, announce invites in OOC + GLFF (+ friendlists + kinmates), and you will see people porting to moors and joining your raid (for the last days it always worked that way). You won't be able always make 24/24, but still, you can get some. If you can't get even 5-6 people - go to brandywine and have fun. No sense standing at GV, running from fight zone to safe back'n'forward. You don't give comms, you dont receive them either. What the point handing out just to hang out ? Go for a walk, drink beer w/e

3) Well, yeah, there are some people like that. Those are free comms and infamy (battlefield meat), nothing more. Well, that is their choice.

4) Oh c'mon. Balancing yourself ? Like LM can solo 3/4 wargs, or 2-3 reavers (ofcs depends on ranks, it is hard to solo 2-3 r10+ creeps), same can do RK and MINI. On the creep side that would be defiler for sure with ench flies, and maybe some other class, i'm not sure which, but there are some who can do that very well. There is no balance, there are no skills and traits/corruptions which will help weak class to balance himself (Hello wargs/hunters ! ). Or maybe you call the balancing skills - sprint & disappears ?

5) PvE is only about freeps - but it has limits. I've PvEd until i got my 2 2nd ages, with all legacies maxedup + crystals -> that took me 1 week of farming GB (armour gear - you get from comms in moors, since it is best for that place). The END of movie. I don't need anything more from PvE anymore. I don't get ppl who farm those instances over and over with no point.
    1st age - won't give a real HUGE plus. Like +10 dps. But if you don't know how to play your class - that won't help you either.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    4) Oh c'mon. Balancing yourself ? Like LM can solo 3/4 wargs, or 2-3 reavers (ofcs depends on ranks, it is hard to solo 2-3 r10+ creeps), same can do RK and MINI. On the creep side that would be defiler for sure with ench flies, and maybe some other class, i'm not sure which, but there are some who can do that very well. There is no balance, there are no skills and traits/corruptions which will help weak class to balance himself (Hello wargs/hunters ! ). Or maybe you call the balancing skills - sprint & disappears ?
    LMs can solo 3-4 wargs or 2-3 reavers? RKs can too? And minis? Which wargs and reavers are we talkin' here?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    LMs can solo 3-4 wargs or 2-3 reavers? RKs can too? And minis? Which wargs and reavers are we talkin' here?
    Any 3-4 wargs, r0-r8, reavers r0-r5/6. If no1 of em' using Flayer mode - then it is more then easy.

P.S.: Freeps i'm talking about - are fully geared, full audacity, knows to play their class. And for example , as I am LM, 3 water lores - 1 pulse - and I'm full hp again, ofcs it includes some kiting, but since I'm lazy in most situations I don't kite at all =)
    Last edited by Leopoldio; Jan 23 2013 at 05:27 AM.

Any 3-4 wargs, r0-r8, reavers r0-r5/6. If no1 of em' using Flayer mode - then it is more then easy.

P.S.: Freeps i'm talking about - are fully geared, full audacity, knows to play their class. And for example , as I am LM, 3 water lores - 1 pulse - and I'm full hp again, ofcs it includes some kiting, but since I'm lazy in most situations I don't kite at all =)
    Can you show me how to kite those reavers and or wargs? Id like to see that.

Hilarious how you're telling someone who actually plays a LM that they're wrong.

He's right, LMs are monsters. And it's due strictly to the imbalance of healing compared to the damage mitigation of Audacity. Two Water-lores can outheal any DPS in a 1v1 situation, 3 of them a LM can literally tank multiple creeps. Same for shield Wardens, Minstrels, and RKs. It's not debatable- healing needs to be re-balanced in PvP and the current imbalance favors freeps far more than creeps.

Also curious to hear which high rank creep skills are SOOOO much better than any skill freeps have, Althorr. Aside from the flies which honestly are only an imbalance in RvR situations.

1) I wasn't talking about PvE content but PvMP. As far as I know, for creeps - PvE doesn't give anything, but some lootboxes, brands, cosmetics and skills. But this is usual stuff, which won't help you much in pvp.

2) Actually you can get the numbers. Just start the group, announce invites in OOC + GLFF (+ friendlists + kinmates), and you will see people porting to moors and joining your raid (for the last days it always worked that way). You won't be able always make 24/24, but still, you can get some. If you can't get even 5-6 people - go to brandywine and have fun. No sense standing at GV, running from fight zone to safe back'n'forward. You don't give comms, you dont receive them either. What the point handing out just to hang out ? Go for a walk, drink beer w/e

3) Well, yeah, there are some people like that. Those are free comms and infamy (battlefield meat), nothing more. Well, that is their choice.

5) PvE is only about freeps - but it has limits. I've PvEd until i got my 2 2nd ages, with all legacies maxedup + crystals -> that took me 1 week of farming GB (armour gear - you get from comms in moors, since it is best for that place). The END of movie. I don't need anything more from PvE anymore. I don't get ppl who farm those instances over and over with no point.
    1st age - won't give a real HUGE plus. Like +10 dps. But if you don't know how to play your class - that won't help you either.
    1. Well my apologies if i misread what you were saying, but you did state that LoTRO or moors - are not for solos. So my reply was based on the assumption that when you said LoTRO you meant the game as a whole, including the PvE aspects of it. But yes, aside form the Mord brand and maps PvE does little for creeps.

2. No you cant always get the numbers. Really ask anyone who plays a lot. Sometimes actions dies because one side is grossly outmatched. But my point in that was that the devs keep designing the game like the moors is packed 24/7, which isnt the case on all servers.

3. Yep it is their choice, and once again, to continue designing the moors in a way that really pushes one playstyle over all the others just seems a bit odd. Pushing group play won't make the soloers switch, it just makes them leave the moors.

4. My post was in no way mocking you or anything you said. So the snide comment about warg sprint and hips is a little childish. I hate those changes to the class and i feel they were unnecesary. More to the point, a 1v1 is about balancing yourself. That is why most people don't use cooldowns or certain skills that are generally considered game changers in a 1v1 environment. To be clear i am talking about established 1v1s, not chance meetings out in the wild. In the wild some classes are gonna get beaten more often than not, thats just how the game goes. But there are skills/corruptions that can make a difference. Why would you think that there aren't?

Ah btw if an LM thinks they can solo 2 reavers i would like to see them fight Conjmeplease then see how they feel about it.

5. My point was that there are many who want the best gear without having to work for it. If you dont want to run instances thats cool, yea they are a pain. But a lot of people dont want to run them but still want access to gold items, 1st ages and other goodies. Its a mentality change, people want to get the best without putting in the time.

Lol trust me if you can't play your class then you prob wouldnt have the 1st age to begin with.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100001cd146/signature.png]Chaoticevil[/charsig]

might have one racial.. but at r11 there isn't much for me to buy. strictly solo nowadays due to reaver-OPness.. so don't really see how it matters anyway
    Slayin' fools since 2007
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000e18f1/signature.png]Slashed[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Pausekey View Post
    Ah btw if an LM thinks they can solo 2 reavers i would like to see them fight Conjmeplease then see how they feel about it.
    A good LM should be able to solo at least 2 reavers. I fought LM's 1v1 who had full morale at the end of the fight.. just stack your water lore (x3)
    HIGHCHIEFTAINNAZGRUL
    CHIEFWARRIORPEGASIS
    COMMANDERMARIUSS

Quote Originally Posted by Mariuss View Post
    A good LM should be able to solo at least 2 reavers. I fought LM's 1v1 who had full morale at the end of the fight.. just stack your water lore (x3)
    2 bad, relatively low-ranked such as rank 5-6 reavers prob* fixed for ya. 2 good, high-ranked reavers shouldnt get 2v1ed by a LM. This is almost as asinine as that Meneldorian, Windfolian transfer Willobeast soloing 2 high ranked reavers in Ukrush (11) and Tornsoul (9) back when guards werent even op lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BoonerDude View Post
    might have one racial.. but at r11 there isn't much for me to buy. strictly solo nowadays due to reaver-OPness.. so don't really see how it matters anyway
    Doesnt matter now obv, but mattered back b4 when u werent suppose to have it .

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart06 View Post
    Hilarious how you're telling someone who actually plays a LM that they're wrong.

He's right, LMs are monsters. And it's due strictly to the imbalance of healing compared to the damage mitigation of Audacity. Two Water-lores can outheal any DPS in a 1v1 situation, 3 of them a LM can literally tank multiple creeps. Same for shield Wardens, Minstrels, and RKs. It's not debatable- healing needs to be re-balanced in PvP and the current imbalance favors freeps far more than creeps.

Also curious to hear which high rank creep skills are SOOOO much better than any skill freeps have, Althorr. Aside from the flies which honestly are only an imbalance in RvR situations.
    Love how u totally ignored my post lol.
    Last edited by LickoryMyHickory; Jan 23 2013 at 08:26 PM.
    Guess who ? Founder and co-creator: http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Sorry, I just don't see 2 decently ranked reavers played worth a **** losing to an LM, even w/3 HoTs up before the fight begins. Ditto the same regarding 3-4 wargs. Apparently I just suck...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000003e146/signature.png]Eldreith[/charsig]

Can you show me how to kite those reavers and or wargs? Id like to see that.
    I'm playing pretty often starting from 14:00-16:00 server time. If you are in the middle of action - you can see me there as well. If i'm not focused fire first (w/o healer), i'd say i'm the last person to die there. Or just ask in OOC where is Leo Call for 2 wargs or reavers and ask them to attack me. If i got at least 1 water lore before the attack started (i usually I don't run w/o it) - then you'll see how they die =)

Exactly !

2. No you cant always get the numbers. Really ask anyone who plays a lot. Sometimes actions dies because one side is grossly outmatched. But my point in that was that the devs keep designing the game like the moors is packed 24/7, which isnt the case on all servers.
    Of course I wasn't talking about you can get numbers in 100% of situations. But I've proposed solution what to do if you don't have numbers

So the snide comment about warg sprint and hips is a little childish.
    Sorry, I didn't mean if from the bad side. I just was saying all can do warg in 1v1 whe he is close to death - to run away, and that will not affect anyhow balance of the fight. I meant that those skills don't help you in PvP (versus OP classes Mini, rk , lm ,warden etc)

Please reread my post again. I've mentioned the ranks which could be handled. Conjmeplease is r9+, same as Slashed, Morsum etc. Besides, those guyz are veterans. But still, they can be easily handled in 1v1. And this is unbalanced rather then it is.

And again - true. There was someday 1v1s at GV. Were like 10 creeps. I've 1v1ed all of them - always full hp in the end (exception was warg Burog, but i suppose i've chilled too much after many wins + he seems to be skilled dude). Then i've spared with champs/captains - same thing, full morale in the end, however those dudes are tough.

2 good, high-ranked reavers shouldnt get 2v1ed by a LM
    You are right. I won't handle Slashed + Conjmeplease at once, and probably there is no LM on that server who can do that. But again - i've mentioned the ranks in the post above.

Sorry, I just don't see 2 decently ranked reavers played worth a **** losing to an LM, even w/3 HoTs up before the fight begins. Ditto the same regarding 3-4 wargs. Apparently I just suck...
    Ranks, ranks, ranks + check your gears, relics, traits.

P.S.: By the way, i don't even have maxed up traits. All are 6-9 lvl. So all of the above - more for full traited, full geared, full aud LM, which I am not.

I'm sorry but water lore should not be used in arranged 1v1s, just like many other OP skills from other classes on both sides.

I forget who the reaver was, but he was rank 9 or 10, fought Cluemein several times and parsed the damage. The first few fights he didn't pop CDs and lost. If memory serves, he did over 50k damage to the LM before he died. The last fight he popped his CDs and won.
    Reddmedic - R10 Defiler
    The Old Timers Guild LOTRO | Server - Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by shark1979 View Post
    I'm sorry but water lore should not be used in arranged 1v1s, just like many other OP skills from other classes on both sides.

I forget who the reaver was, but he was rank 9 or 10, fought Cluemein several times and parsed the damage. The first few fights he didn't pop CDs and lost. If memory serves, he did over 50k damage to the LM before he died. The last fight he popped his CDs and won.
    What should be used or not - is a hard question. If i don't user water - i ask not to use any melee class all of their skills - use just ur swords/knife or claws Are you agree on that ? As I've mentioned above - current moors are not balanced for 1v1s.
    And all i have in my arsenal - im going to use, no matter who thinks what about it. Im given with those skills - i have right to use it. None of you have a right to say - this is eligible and this is not - because you are just usual players, you don't know anything about internal mechanics of combat/fight written by the actual developers. You can fight me or run away. Up to you.

What should be used or not - is a hard question. If i don't user water - i ask not to use any melee class all of their skills - use just ur swords/knife or claws Are you agree on that ? As I've mentioned above - current moors are not balanced for 1v1s.
    And all i have in my arsenal - im going to use, no matter who thinks what about it. Im given with those skills - i have right to use it. None of you have a right to say - this is eligible and this is not - because you are just usual players, you don't know anything about internal mechanics of combat/fight written by the actual developers. You can fight me or run away. Up to you.
    lol

Reddmedic - R10 Defiler
    The Old Timers Guild LOTRO | Server - Gladden

Very difficult to beat an LM as a BA. Just simply debuffing one with windlore is a big advantage to the LM already. Combine that with all those stuns, debuffs, and selfheals... you're toast.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120301000024bcf2/signature.png]Halphas[/charsig]

Im tempted to take my reaver and another and 2v1 leo

1v1s are so stupid to do in the moors now unfortunately; they prove nothing with all the OP/relic buffs. This coming from the biggest 1v1 lover on the server. Anyway, as for the "Cooldown" discussion, 5+ minutes was generally the unwritten code (least in my day) to not use in a 1v1, or a skill deemed an "Iwin" skill, which sometimes was in the 2-3 minute cd range, but could be shorter.

Anyway, I never cared if ppl used cds or not. All using cds ever proved was that you rely on skills that arent instantaneously available for u to win a 1v1, and you aren't skilled enough to win without them. Nothing to be proud of most of the time . Ppl that used cds against me only made me a better player, as even if they did, I still wouldnt cuz I'm stupid. General rule of thumb is: if someone uses a cd on u, use one back, a pot, etc. Only the highest skilled of players would fight each other without cds, and would usually have good, balanced fights.

I would have never got any better at my class had I constantly used cds in a 1v1. My lack of dependence on them has made me, and many others I know, much better players overall, and that's y they are usually considered the best 1v1ers, not saying I was the best, but I could hold my own against mostly anyone if not everyone I came across when I had the right gear/traits.

Like I said tho, use cooldowns if you want, I'm not gonna complain and tell u how to play. I'm just gonna lol more if I do end up winning, it can either be embarrassing for you... or embarrassing for you, regardless of the outcome since I dont use cds back. I'd also try to reference you to some good 1v1ers on their class for some tips to help u avoid using said cds .

Quote Originally Posted by Darathelion_Eriagon View Post
    Very difficult to beat an LM as a BA. Just simply debuffing one with windlore is a big advantage to the LM already. Combine that with all those stuns, debuffs, and selfheals... you're toast.
    It's never been easy lol . Smart LM using wind-lore/wound removal ftl :P.
    Guess who ? Founder and co-creator: http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Funny, but without that windlore LMs wouldnt stand a chance against BAs. Annoying though that they can almost spam it without any consequenses. Can really ruin your setup.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Funny, but without that windlore LMs wouldnt stand a chance against BAs. Annoying though that they can almost spam it without any consequenses. Can really ruin your setup.
    I'm pretty sure LM doesn't have to use any debuffs at all to win any class 1v1. WaterLore is so OP, that it replaces all the need in buffs or something. Gonna try next time i face BA 1v1.

You forgot guest of wind (traited) another -10% ranged dmg + miss chance, and the bird - binidiction of raven or other one, which reduces ranged damage for another -50%. In total with wind lore it should reduce your dmg by -110% =) However, not sure if it is summed up.

You forgot guest of wind (traited) another -10% ranged dmg + miss chance, and the bird - binidiction of raven or other one, which reduces ranged damage for another -50%. In total with wind lore it should reduce your dmg by -110% =) However, not sure if it is summed up.
    Yeah, I forgot about the raven. And with that means that BAs aren't supposed to 1v1 LMs. You'll get easily pwned and you're giving free renown and comms.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120301000024bcf2/signature.png]Halphas[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Darathelion_Eriagon View Post
    Yeah, I forgot about the raven. And with that means that BAs aren't supposed to 1v1 LMs. You'll get easily pwned and you're giving free renown and comms.
    Exactly, that is why i'm keep telling people not to complain about unbalance and but to team up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2