We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Attention creep peeps!!!

Please indicate if you have purchased any Advanced or Enhanced skills from the store and what they are.

Also please indicate whether or not you possess a Mordiriths Brand.

I don't care, and it's each to their own................

I would just like to know which creeps it's within reason for me to possibly engage, and have any semblance of a chance at winning an encounter, as opposed to which creeps have obtained or bought "I win" skills that I have nothing to counter with, and I need to just run away.......................... ....

And in the spirit of full disclosure and honesty, i'll go first.......

Crumbling Brand, Morale buff, Moral pot, Wound Pot, Falling Immunity

Those are the store items I use in the moors, and while some may frown upon their use, you may note than none are OP skills that have the singular ability to dictate an encounter, and they are ALL consumables that are readily available for creeps to use as well.

Therein lies the difference, and what a HUGE difference it is.

Let's be open here.

I showed you mine....you show me yours.

Quid pro quo.

Now it's your turn..........................

You're becoming worse than Vinner.

It's fun watching you self destruct, though

Althorr, you should group up with that burglar who got over 20k renown yesterday during a relatively slow day. He must know how to fight through all of the pay-to-win skills and OP brands!

Freeps: Beast, Cadaverous, Deadite, Elphaba, Joules, Kookaburra, Stheno, Weebey, Zod
    Creeps: Barfbag, Bulgingeggsac, Elphabash, Farfel
    {SM/2H1R}

Quote Originally Posted by KneelBeforeZod View Post
    Althorr, you should group up with that burglar who got over 20k renown yesterday during a relatively slow day. He must know how to fight through all of the pay-to-win skills and OP brands!

Do the above or roll a Warden or LM.. That should help you find that ezmode your seeking... hahaha
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by KneelBeforeZod View Post

Pull on your big boy pants and call me by name next time? Sheesh, people these days.

I have never supported farming and did it only for *experimental purposes* yesterday and on my word I will never do it again.

For the reason behind my 2 hours of repulsive behavior -- had heard a rumor from European servers that the -20% defeat response cd on the moors captain armor stacked (so it would be -40% for both), but Turbine was implementing a hotfix this upcoming Friday that would fix it. My curiosity got the better of my dignity, so I "farmed" 8k comms to experiment and just see if it truly did work before Friday's hot fix. Turns out the rumor was wrong, and that settles that. There was absolutely no intention of making this a habit or a regular routine, nor an occasional event for me.

You also might have mentioned that after I was finished, I stayed out in the moors on my burg for another half hour practically dishing out free infamy to any creep that spotted me. I've always prided myself on being a fair and honest person, so in my mind that was my way of "apologizing" for the previous 2 hours, but of course there's always gonna be that one person who takes it the wrong way and still trolls about it later, so now I see who got to the punch first on that one.

If I hadn't heard the rumor and the supposed fact that a hotfix was coming Friday, I would've never done it. Was meant purely as a one time thing, just to see if the rumor was true before the opportunity was well and truly gone. Take it as you like it, but I've never supported farming for rank, nor ever made a habit of it, nor ever will. Feel free to continue checking blackappendage if you are convinced differently.

Back to the OP the only store item I've used in the moors are morale pots... and the occasional renown buff when none are on the AH.
    Last edited by Bond007; Jan 16 2013 at 07:50 PM.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    I would just like to know which creeps it's within reason for me to possibly engage, and have any semblance of a chance at winning an encounter, as opposed to which creeps have obtained or bought "I win" skills that I have nothing to counter with, and I need to just run away.......................... ....
    Those skills are not an "I win" button and you can still engage creeps and come out on top. I personally feel the balance in the moors 1 v 1 is more in favor of the creeps, but this does not require you to forfeit any chance at victory. It may require you to adapt your approach and to actually use longer CD skills or even npcs to win some fights.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000005f6a0/signature.png]Lathius[/charsig]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have every creep class on this server except a WL. I do not have a single purchased skill on any class. Some examples, my r10 defiler does not have enhanced flies, my r7 reaver does not have wrath or impale, my r6 BA does not have VT, my r6 warg doesn't have the track, and I don't even know what is worth buying for a r10 spider. So please, feel free to engage.

I have been so unlucky that I have never gotten a lockbox on creepside, so I do not have a R15 brand either.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000073281/signature.png]Reddweaver[/charsig]
    Reddmedic - R10 Defiler
    The Old Timers Guild LOTRO | Server - Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by Lathius View Post
    Those skills are not an "I win" button and you can still engage creeps and come out on top.
    Well... Rank 14 Flies don't guarantee victory for the Defiler but they certainly stop a single freep from beating them. And as for who has them... Every defiler out there.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000dc2af/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

the problem is this: the higher ranked creeps become, the more powerful and overpowered they become. they gain skills which no freep skills can rival.

i suggested way back in Moria that freeps should have moors-specific skills (or passives) based on rank. this is the only real way to balance the moors, and until it happens it will be imbalanced. one way to help the imbalance is by gating the skills via rank (no longer- store skills). another way would be giving the side which does not improve with rank advantages elsewhere such as better maneuverability (maps) or better combat effectiveness (higher morale, mitigations, and more anti-opponent skills like power drains and debuffs).

the problem at the moment, as i see it, is that creeps have all the advantages: higher mitigations, significantly higher- almost double or more in most cases- morale, better manueverability (maps, march on the run- which is ridiculous), and better anti-opponent skills (power drains, spider web, un-pottable slows/debuffs).
    [CENTER][b][u][Gladden][/u][color=gray] Second Marshal Clevinger, Third Marshal Aristeides, Lieutenant Katsimbalis, [/color][color=red]Lieutenant Creamsicle[/b][/color][/center]
    [CENTER]3.7 million renown and counting![/center]

Quote Originally Posted by reincarnate View Post
    the problem is this: the higher ranked creeps become, the more powerful and overpowered they become. they gain skills which no freep skills can rival.
    Which wouldn't be a problem if creeps couldn't buy their skills.

I disagree with new skills, I don't want new ones, I want improved ones. This could be done through set bonuses that improve skills drastically, for example, the 5 Perseverance set bonus (Make Haste cures slows, 5s immunity).
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000dc2af/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

I kinda agree on this, creep bought skills should be removed cause well it doesnt really help with what they are. For when a new creep come, freeps have time and time to grind for there stuff when a new greeny comes along with new bought skills and kills them. Kinda messed up if you ask me, but even though, freeps should try to help each other more than freeps. Making some freep skills enhanced or some sort, could even this out though
    [center][img]http://orig15.deviantart.net/8256/f/2014/117/f/1/eating_ice_cream_never_looked_cuter_gif_by_dnftt2011-d7g76mt.gif[/img][/center]
    [center][color=gold][b]-"When I get love/hate LotRO PvMP."[/b][/color][/center]

I have only skills I should have... but then I'm R10, not much else I need.
    [B][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Gladden[/SIZE]
    <Cmdr. Dolcarak><Lt. Cojiro>
    ~Leader of SotWH~[/COLOR][COLOR=blk]
    [/COLOR]

[/CENTER]

[/B]

Unhappy well

I never got mordirith's band on zark. I guess i need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart06 View Post
    You're becoming worse than Vinner.

It's fun watching you self destruct, though
    I'm sorry, but I'm confused as to what you mean by "worse than Vinner"? When did I ever "self-destruct", which I'm presuming by your statement directed at Althorr in relation to me? If by self-destruct you mean leave this god-awful game that isnt living up to its pvp potential, then yes, I "self-destructed". I'm sorry I always challenged myself whenever I 1v1ed and didn't buy huge, gamechanger pay2win skills that I wouldnt win the fight without them? All CERTAIN pay2win skills did is proved you could beat someone when you normally shouldnt considering the rank you are.

Or if you are one of those ppl by sayin "worse than Vinner" thinking I had changed personality-wise like a couple other ppl who were sadly mistaken, I never have and never will . The people I accused changing were ppl that ACTUALLY had changed for the worst, and other ppl accusing me were the ones that were the changed ones regrettably. Idk where ppl got this idea that I'm some acehole who has changed and doesnt have his care-free nature of how he fought honorably in the moors. The only thing I could say that did "change" about me is ppl didnt like me for speaking about their bs for once, but I have always been that way, I just chose to use action rather than words for the longest time, but the thing is, I can actually do both unlike most ppl heh .

Anyway, I know for a fact I could have won SO many more fights if I had, what I considered "1v1 gamechangers" through experience, being Thrash, Mutilation, and Flayer of Flesh on my rank 9 reaver in RoI, but because I challenged myself, I didnt. Not bragging at all, but if it came down to fights that I could have won because of those skills, I most likely would have unlike many other reavers that bought such skills, some of whom who were still good reavers regardless, but prob wouldnt have won as many fights without them, and some of whom were so bad that if they didnt have those skills, they wouldnt stand a rats chance in hell lol. I'm pretty sure I was the only reaver on the server that didnt have those 3 skills listed, and still did fairly well when it came to 1v1s (not like they matter now/prove anything due to the changes unfortunately). In regards as to what Althorr is saying, maybe more creeps should try fighting without pay2win skills and see how good they really are .

Btw, its nice to see you are not anon anymore after all these years of chirrping ppl on the forums, Darkheart :P. So proud of you!
    Last edited by LickoryMyHickory; Jan 17 2013 at 04:44 AM.
    Guess who ? Founder and co-creator: http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Quote Originally Posted by shark1979 View Post
    I have every creep class on this server except a WL. I do not have a single purchased skill on any class. Some examples, my r10 defiler does not have enhanced flies, my r7 reaver does not have wrath or impale, my r6 BA does not have VT, my r6 warg doesn't have the track, and I don't even know what is worth buying for a r10 spider. So please, feel free to engage.

I have been so unlucky that I have never gotten a lockbox on creepside, so I do not have a R15 brand either.

I'm proud of you. I really am. And thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
    I have only skills I should have... but then I'm R10, not much else I need.

As I stated previously, there are at least 2 class traits and one racial trait that are above your rank.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Enha...kill:_Eye_Rake

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Enha...ll:_Rabid_Bite

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Pack_Alpha

Have you purchased those?

.............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................

So, 250+ views, yet it seems most creeps aren't in the sharing mood.

I thought we were in the trust tree...with the nest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08n82tGqoK0

C'mon guyz, show me somethin' I don't even know about.

my2c

I would just go on the assumption that most creeps and freeps have bought store items that improve their pvp effectiveness either directly (i.e. creep skills) or indirectly (i.e. stat tomes, scrolls of emp, top-end relics, map skills, virtues.) In the end, each of us has our own set of rules on what we consider fair and fun and all you can really do is follow your own rules and assume that others will follow their own (that likely contradict yours.)

To answer your question, I typically buy 1 skill per creep since I like spending my limited points freepside. However, you shouldn't be worried about what skills I've bought since if I'm caught solo I'm generally a free lunch.
    Freeps: Beast, Cadaverous, Deadite, Elphaba, Joules, Kookaburra, Stheno, Weebey, Zod
    Creeps: Barfbag, Bulgingeggsac, Elphabash, Farfel
    {SM/2H1R}

No brand, but have few store-bought skills
    Trait trees have ruined the game

Can you not comprehend English? I only have skills I should have...
    [B][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Gladden[/SIZE]
    <Cmdr. Dolcarak><Lt. Cojiro>
    ~Leader of SotWH~[/COLOR][COLOR=blk]
    [/COLOR]

[/CENTER]

[/B]

Couple words from me:
    I have creep warg/defiler.
    I have all the skills from store.
    Why ? I don't have that much time like most of the kids or unempoyed dudes playing 24h all day/night long.
    If i was still student or studying at school that could be the option.
    Time = money.
    So it is all balanced.

And when those cries finally END ?

Moreover - play in groups. LotRo or moors - are not for solos, this game wasn't planned on balancing 1v1s. This game about team play. So team up and get ur kills.

P.S.: And open your eyes guyz. Todays reality is all about money....every single mmo selling something. Devs should eat too It is just senseless complaining about money.

Quote Originally Posted by Althorion
    C'mon guyz, show me somethin' I don't even know about.

Fine, i have Dying rage cause i got the skill through a sigil and now nothing else. And that many people now-a-days love to go around and play footies
    [center][img]http://orig15.deviantart.net/8256/f/2014/117/f/1/eating_ice_cream_never_looked_cuter_gif_by_dnftt2011-d7g76mt.gif[/img][/center]
    [center][color=gold][b]-"When I get love/hate LotRO PvMP."[/b][/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    Couple words from me:
    I have creep warg/defiler.
    I have all the skills from store.
    Why ? I don't have that much time like most of the kids or unempoyed dudes playing 24h all day/night long.
    If i was still student or studying at school that could be the option.
    Time = money.
    So it is all balanced.

And when those cries finally END ?

Moreover - play in groups. LotRo or moors - are not for solos, this game wasn't planned on balancing 1v1s. This game about team play. So team up and get ur kills.

P.S.: And open your eyes guyz. Todays reality is all about money....every single mmo selling something. Devs should eat too It is just senseless complaining about money.
    Felt bad about ganking you today when we caught you alone. You seem to be an ok dude, look forward to meeting you again
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post
    Most of the PvE content is becoming completely solo friendly. Look at all the gear and items that can be achieved from solo play now. This game is quickly moving away from a group experience in PvE content. Which makes it all the more odd that their emphasis on PvMP is grouping.

This game is old, many servers have very few players out at non peak times and sometimes only a couple more during prime time. Lots of nights on gladden one side will raid up and the other side simply cannot get numbers to fight. Pushing group play exclusively just doesn't really work anymore.

Some people don't want to group and never will. Saying freeps/creeps need to group over and over won't change that. It might be time for the devs to stop projecting their "ideal PvMP zone" on us and actually look at how the moors plays out.

1v1s have always been about balancing yourself to best test skills against an opponent. Of course the classes don't match up, its up to the player to challenge themselves.

But like store bought skills, allowing gear to be gained through solo play or pathetically easy 3 mans seems to be the way the game is going. Maybe their goal is for armies of 1st age wielding, gold-item geared freeps to have non-stop RvR action against fully R15 store skilled creeps.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100001cd146/signature.png]Chaoticevil[/charsig]

I don't mind answering this, 'cause I've mentioned it to folks before anyhow. The only skill I purchased from the store was 'Shadow Howler' back in the day before it turned into 'Flayer' and so forth. Before update 6 (I think that's right?) I used it on and off, but nowadays I forget its even there as I tend to stick to 'Shadow' stance. Anyhows, that's the only one.

In regards to the Mordiriths brand, I actually think I acquired it from a lootbox just before RoR came out. That said, I haven't been on Maly since so I honestly haven't touched it once yet lol. Never was much for using brands before, so I'm not sure if I would even now, but I guess I'd probably use it now and again depending on the situation I'd find myself in...whenever I get back to playing on Maly here in the future :P
    Katrariel - Lvl 95 Guardian : Rank 5 ~~ Myrawyn - Lvl 85 Burglar : Rank 7 ~~
    Malystryx - Warg : Rank 11 ~~ Larkawen - Lvl 59 Loremaster ~~ Banehollow - Defiler : Rank 6 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Mucica View Post

No brand, but have few store-bought skills
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFuryRikali;66288 51
    I don't mind answering this, 'cause I've mentioned it to folks before anyhow. The only skill I purchased from the store was 'Shadow Howler' back in the day before it turned into 'Flayer' and so forth. Before update 6 (I think that's right?) I used it on and off, but nowadays I forget its even there as I tend to stick to 'Shadow' stance. Anyhows, that's the only one.

In regards to the Mordiriths brand, I actually think I acquired it from a lootbox just before RoR came out. That said, I haven't been on Maly since so I honestly haven't touched it once yet lol. Never was much for using brands before, so I'm not sure if I would even now, but I guess I'd probably use it now and again depending on the situation I'd find myself in...whenever I get back to playing on Maly here in the future :P

See, doesn't it feel good?

Thank you my dear friends for sharing, and I look forward to seeing you both out in the moors soon and often......

I seriously cannot help but laugh every time I see that clip floating around out here :P Well put sir, well put heheheh *high fives*

Look forward to seeing you indeed.....whenever I finally pull Maly out for some exercise lol.
    Katrariel - Lvl 95 Guardian : Rank 5 ~~ Myrawyn - Lvl 85 Burglar : Rank 7 ~~
    Malystryx - Warg : Rank 11 ~~ Larkawen - Lvl 59 Loremaster ~~ Banehollow - Defiler : Rank 6 ~~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast