We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 25 of 75

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,341

    House auto-abandon after 1 years inactivity * Petition *

    Hello, as Tirian-Hammerfist wrote here
    please clean the trash in the Housing Instances.
    There are already three years that I never see somebody in my Housing instance, except my Kinship.
    Other Kinship members must buy their Houses in other instances because in our Kinship Housing Instance are no free houses, although there are no soul in them.

    The other three (3) free Kinship Houses can't be sold out because there are no Player Houses free, so they are still there empty, about three years.

    So please make us a favor and change this ugly situation to auto-abandon after 1 years inactivity on the account.

    Thank you



    Last edited by Capt.Hunor; Jan 15 2013 at 02:17 PM.

  2. #2
    /signed

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,277
    Sounds like foreclosure..... One year?

    Still, if their stuff is put in escrow, and they get the proceeds from the sale over the rent, why not?

    /signed

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,438
    Would be nice
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000160bc4/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    I hate the new Edit Signature functionality

  5. #5
    /signed,

    to have a more populated -well populated suits better as it is empty now neighborhood.

    I just hope that they put all the items to escrow for an unlimited time.

  6. #6
    /signed

    12345
    [CENTER][COLOR=#FF0000]Officer of Hope and Glory[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]​Necrosia[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]G.L.T.C. Warmonger
    [URL="http://www.hopeandglory.eu"]www.hopeandglory.eu[/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canberra, Australia (Asylum for the Cynically Insane)
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Hunor View Post
    Hello, as Tirian-Hammerfist wrote here
    please clean the trash in the Housing Instances.
    There are already three years that I never see somebody in my Housing instance, except my Kinship.
    Other Kinship members must buy their Houses in other instances because in our Kinship Housing Instance are no free houses, although there are no soul in them.
    NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

    This is the easy way out and simply will not fix the problems of a fundamentally flawed design.

    I am a lifer! I bought the game when it first started. I took a break from the game for two years. For one of those years I diligently logged in each month and spent ALL MY MONEY keeping my place running. Now I'm locked out with no money. It's disheartening getting back into the game now because of that.

    Brining REAL WORLD things like rent and eviction into a GAME is an insane idea. The system needs to be completely rethought out and rebuilt from the ground up. Quick fix solutions are NOT the answer.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000002289f/01003/signature.png]Degoras[/charsig]

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lichbane View Post
    NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

    This is the easy way out and simply will not fix the problems of a fundamentally flawed design.

    I am a lifer! I bought the game when it first started. I took a break from the game for two years. For one of those years I diligently logged in each month and spent ALL MY MONEY keeping my place running. Now I'm locked out with no money. It's disheartening getting back into the game now because of that.

    Brining REAL WORLD things like rent and eviction into a GAME is an insane idea. The system needs to be completely rethought out and rebuilt from the ground up. Quick fix solutions are NOT the answer.
    I totally agree with you! I too, am a lifer. In the beginning, I paid monthly for two subscriptions of the game for about two to three years. Then, once I saved up enough money, the Lifer deal was being offered again and I bought two Lifer subscriptions at $199 USD each. Considering everyone else got the game free not long after, I felt pretty much ripped off of 400 bucks. Not cool. So, I took an extended break. When I came back I had to unlock two houses and a guild house and I paid maintenance for a yr and a half. I've taken another break and I have run out of gold to upkeep my houses.

    I can understand the frustration of wanting a house and not being able to buy it or being part of a neighborhood that is empty. I was in the same boat when I played regularly too, but I've bought and paid for this game twice not to mention my monthly fee on two games for a few years. The least I could get in return is not having to worry about my houses being sold to someone else who probably came on as a F2P player. Here's a thought, give lifers maintenance free housing and take houses away from those that came to the game as F2P players!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1
    /signed

    I don't post and neither do my kin so on there behalf signed

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Hunor View Post
    So please make us a favor and change this ugly situation to auto-abandon after 1 years inactivity on the account.
    Years ago, Turbine management promised players they would never boot them from their houses.

    However, Turbine developers have recently stated a complete housing revamp will occur later this year. If that happens, they can wipe the slate and start over with completely new rules. This will not break their promise, as the promise applies to the current system.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Topeka, Ks
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Hunor View Post
    Hello, as Tirian-Hammerfist wrote here
    please clean the trash in the Housing Instances.
    There are already three years that I never see somebody in my Housing instance, except my Kinship.
    Other Kinship members must buy their Houses in other instances because in our Kinship Housing Instance are no free houses, although there are no soul in them.

    The other three (3) free Kinship Houses can't be sold out because there are no Player Houses free, so they are still there empty, about three years.

    So please make us a favor and change this ugly situation to auto-abandon after 1 years inactivity on the account.

    Thank you



    Just because you dont see people in your houseing instance doesnt mean they are not there. I for instance port into my yard and empty my bags then port back out. The only way you will see more players in your instance is for turbine to add more things to do there. Right now all the crafting is done in the towns as is the auctions so that is where most players are when not questing. Kicking people out of their houses will change nothing which is why turbine has to do a full houseing revamp.

  12. #12
    /signed

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload