We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up Captains Of Middle Earth.. and what were about..

This letter was written by one of my officers..

A word from the now one year wiser. I joined Captains of Middle Earth because Briannas asked me too and I wanted to have a place where I could hang out with people instead of being out there alone with no one to communicate with other than regional channels, etc. CoME is a place where people can do and play how they want and are not obligated to raid and play strickly solo if that is where you feel more comfortable, with no pressure from others in the kin.

I used to fear raiding because of how other raiders (figure of speech) acted if things did not go right in a raid. I was told by one former kin mate when I first mentioned I wanted to try raids or fellowships, is that if I messed up no one would ever ask me again to go. That was over a year ago. That is not something you tell someone who is inexperienced in group play, so I played strickly solo for a long, long time.

Please keep in mind that CoME is NOT a raiding kin, but raiding is an option we all have. So I only ask that other experienced raiders have a thought that others in the kin may not have experience in raiding and feel lost and getting publically uptight about it if something goes wrong only discourages others from joining the next time and getting more experience. We never want to be unhappy with playing or getting chastised if we do something wrong in a setting that is unfamiliar to us such as raids.

With that said I have come to enjoy raiding especially with other kinmates. The way I learned to raid decently (I am not perfect) is to focus on just one of my toons (Morweniel drew the lucky straw) and learned everything she was capable of doing in any setting, be it raid or fellowship and as to what her role was and how to accomplish that role. I learned what every skill does and how to apply it in any given situation. You know everyone gets three trait sets to use and I encourage you to get familiar with all 3.., i.e. Guards have Keen Blade, Fighter of Shadows and Defender of the Free. In the end I guarantee you that you will be a happy camper and more comfortable with group settings. Now I am the point I can move to my next toon to learn to play in group..., my original toon Lysana.

In the end it comes down to playing where you feel comfortable, and be thoughful to others, and their comfort zones, and make them feel comfortable and they will thank you for it in the end. All officers should help others no matter what, but keep in mind, officers are players too and may be busy playing too, so be patient.

I love this kin and want everyone to be happy, so just remember you are not alone and that is why a kin is a good thing. See you in game

just want to thank you Morweniel for putting that out there..

Captains of middle earth and what were about. you said it best..

Quote Originally Posted by daygamer View Post
    This letter was written by one of my officers..

A word from the now one year wiser. I joined Captains of Middle Earth because Briannas asked me too and I wanted to have a place where I could hang out with people instead of being out there alone with no one to communicate with other than regional channels, etc. CoME is a place where people can do and play how they want and are not obligated to raid and play strickly solo if that is where you feel more comfortable, with no pressure from others in the kin.

I used to fear raiding because of how other raiders (figure of speech) acted if things did not go right in a raid. I was told by one former kin mate when I first mentioned I wanted to try raids or fellowships, is that if I messed up no one would ever ask me again to go. That was over a year ago. That is not something you tell someone who is inexperienced in group play, so I played strickly solo for a long, long time.

Please keep in mind that CoME is NOT a raiding kin, but raiding is an option we all have. So I only ask that other experienced raiders have a thought that others in the kin may not have experience in raiding and feel lost and getting publically uptight about it if something goes wrong only discourages others from joining the next time and getting more experience. We never want to be unhappy with playing or getting chastised if we do something wrong in a setting that is unfamiliar to us such as raids.

With that said I have come to enjoy raiding especially with other kinmates. The way I learned to raid decently (I am not perfect) is to focus on just one of my toons (Morweniel drew the lucky straw) and learned everything she was capable of doing in any setting, be it raid or fellowship and as to what her role was and how to accomplish that role. I learned what every skill does and how to apply it in any given situation. You know everyone gets three trait sets to use and I encourage you to get familiar with all 3.., i.e. Guards have Keen Blade, Fighter of Shadows and Defender of the Free. In the end I guarantee you that you will be a happy camper and more comfortable with group settings. Now I am the point I can move to my next toon to learn to play in group..., my original toon Lysana.

In the end it comes down to playing where you feel comfortable, and be thoughful to others, and their comfort zones, and make them feel comfortable and they will thank you for it in the end. All officers should help others no matter what, but keep in mind, officers are players too and may be busy playing too, so be patient.

I love this kin and want everyone to be happy, so just remember you are not alone and that is why a kin is a good thing. See you in game

Smile

CoME sounds like the place for me. what server are u on?
    I am on elendilmir.