We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Searching for RP partner!

I sincerely hope that this kind of post is not considered inappropriate, but here goes:

I am currently searching for an RP partner. Desired characteristics of this partner include: male, aged 30+ in real life, possessed of an excellent grasp of the English language, willing to guide a quick learner through the basics of role-playing, and preferably willing to create a human male guardian or champion for this partnership. It would also be extraordinarily helpful if he is also a VIP player or has access to all areas/aspects of the game. He must also be willing to enjoy (or at least tolerate) the company of a female Elven hunter.

What I will provide as a partner: although we're a team, I'm willing to accept the leadership of the guardian/champ unquestionably, especially in dangerous situations. I am willing to create a new character for this purpose on any server my new partner wishes (preferably his home server where he is already comfortable). I will also make every effort to be the best RP partner possible in hopes that we can both have an absolutely wonderful time. I'm planning for my Elven maiden to be quite young (in Elven terms) and still excited to see the world and make a positive difference in it. She will not have accrued the common Elven melancholia, if that helps at all.

If this offer has any appeal to you or you have further questions for me, please do not hesitate to contact me via direct message here on the forums.

**If this post or anything contained therein is offensive to anyone, I do genuinely apologise - such was absolutely NOT my intent.**

With respect,
    Khally (Terribly excited at the thought of being part of a new RP team!)

Hello Khally sounds like you already have your role play planned out. I hope you have as much fun exploring Middle Earth as I have done.

I would suggest going for a character on Laurelin and you might find it best to search out your partner in the realm rather than here as only a small proportion of the player base come here.

There is a great rp website dedicated to role play on Laurelin called the Laurelin Archives, I highly recommend this site.

I wish you all the best in searching for what you are looking for.

Regards
    Khalis

Success?

Have you found your RP partner?

I'm curious why the player has to to be male and 30+. You're going to interact with the character, not the player.

People, wake up, everyone is free to look for whatever they want to look for. And surely starting a discussion about to what level everyone agree or disagree with that point of view is not the purpose of this topic.

I would just add that I am looking for something very similar for my elf character too ^^

Somewhere near the southern part of the US
    I actually think this is a wonderful idea. I already play regularly with my wife so I'm not a candidate for such an adventure myself, but I do wish you the best of luck in finding what you are looking for.

Its all about having fun in Middle Earth i think sometimes people forget this on these forums. We all find our fun through different means in this land we call home, some like PvMP, some end game and others to roleplay.

I hope the OP finds what they are looking for and have a great deal of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleyStarshine View Post
    People, wake up, everyone is free to look for whatever they want to look for. And surely starting a discussion about to what level everyone agree or disagree with that point of view is not the purpose of this topic.

I would just add that I am looking for something very similar for my elf character too ^^
    Then it would seem you and the OP might be able to be able to help each other, if certain allowances are made.

Quote Originally Posted by maxjenius View Post
    I'm curious why the player has to to be male and 30+. You're going to interact with the character, not the player.
    That depends on the manner of RP. I prefer to RP in written chat but some RP in voice chat, and if one is looking to imagine that one is interacting with a male character, that could be a little hard to do if the dialogue is coming from a girly voice. But that's just a wild guess as I don't know the OP.

Regarding age requirements, as an old lady myself, I'd prefer gaming partners my age or older simply because we're more likely to interact with each other on the same wavelength (however, I do know brilliant RPers of the younger generation and uberjerks of retirement age--perhaps the requirement might be better phrased in terms of experience or maturity rather than as a physical age).

Khally, in case you haven't been successful yet, I'll pm you the name of a player I know well who has alts on 2 servers and might be a suitable partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Whart View Post
    That depends on the manner of RP. I prefer to RP in written chat but some RP in voice chat, and if one is looking to imagine that one is interacting with a male character, that could be a little hard to do if the dialogue is coming from a girly voice. But that's just a wild guess as I don't know the OP.
    RP in voice? Kinda defeats the purpose of playing Elves and Hobbits (although we certainly deal with that in PnP).

Regarding age requirements, as an old lady myself, I'd prefer gaming partners my age or older simply because we're more likely to interact with each other on the same wavelength (however, I do know brilliant RPers of the younger generation and uberjerks of retirement age--perhaps the requirement might be better phrased in terms of experience or maturity rather than as a physical age).
    Exactly. Emotional maturity rather than age.