We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Any NA Kinships on this server?

I understand that this is primarily an EU server, but I like the idea of full immersion that this server seems to provide. Could anyone point me toward an NA kinship on this server? Also, will I have a hard time find PUGs and such on this server, because I typically play during US East Coast evening hours?

I am having a harder time finding groups during Eastern peak hours, but its not impossible. A good kinship is the solution suggested by everyone, so I am still looking for one.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000028005d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Don't you just hate it when you write a long reply and then it fails to post? Version 1 was of course extremely witty and very well composed. This version however...

Sanctuary is a kinship formed while the game was still in development and before the servers were split geographically. Hence in Sanctuary we have members from all across the globe, with a strong US based contingent.

When the game went live our US based kin headed for Elendilmir and the rest of us settled on Laurelin. Over the years we've had many nomads wander between the servers by creating a second account to visit the other half of the kin. Then the geographical barriers were removed and we had more invaders from across the ocean tasting the atmosphere on Laurelin.

Factoring in our US brethren, our other more exotic kin from across the globe, our night owls, insomniacs, shift workers and gaming addicts, we tend to have kin online around the clock. For example if I manage not to nod off at my desk and get to say goodnight at 1am UK time or later then there are often half a dozen replies. What happens between the hours of 2am and 8am UK time I cannot say, but I suspect even then we have kin to keep you company. Just this weekend there was talk of perhaps getting a raid together at 11pm when there were still a dozen level 85 players wandering about.

So if it's just some company you are after with a great kinship and great kin then Sanctuary may be what you seek. If it's a full kin raid you are after at those hours then perhaps not, although you should get a decent start on forming a group. We are however first and foremost a mature, casual, fun, warm and friendly kinship. There is no emphasis on or pressure to take part in raiding, RP, PvP, etc, although we do partake and enjoy them all. Similarly there are no minimum level requirements or expected levels of activity.

I'm pretty sure version 1 of this post was better composed, but never mind.

If you're still reading, if there are no better alternatives and if you're interested or if you just want to give us a shot while you continue looking then you can find more info on us in our forum thread [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?398691-Sanctuary]here[url] or on our own forum / website here.

Either way I wish you both good luck in your search and hope you get to fully enjoy the great atmosphere we have on Laurelin.
    [center][size="4"][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#F5DEB3"]Є[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]T[/color][color="#EF6868"]h[/color][color="#DF6161"]e[/color] [color="#CF0000"]Sanct[/color][color="#CF3333"]u[/color][color="#DF5353"]a[/color][color="#EF6868"]r[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]y[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#F5DEB3"]Э[/color][/font][/size][font="Book Antiqua"]
    [size="3"][color="wheat"](founded Nov 2005)[/color][/size][/font]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000000b2f/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

You could also try

The Out of Bounders!!!

We are a NA EST kin. Primarily hobbit based but with a smattering of other big folk. We're in a rebuilding period and if medium RP without a need to be on every night is what you like then we might be your style. Please visit our kin page on the Laurelin archives and these forums.

Sincerely

Limdalen

Quote Originally Posted by plapete30 View Post
    The Out of Bounders!!!

We are a NA EST kin. Primarily hobbit based but with a smattering of other big folk. We're in a rebuilding period and if medium RP without a need to be on every night is what you like then we might be your style. Please visit our kin page on the Laurelin archives and these forums.

Sincerely

Limdalen
    How many people are usually on during North American evening hours for you guys. I quit playing on Laurelin because of a lack of people on during my play hours 6-8pm PST. I was considering rolling a new warden on Landroval, but if I could be a part of something special here on Laurelin and help to increase the NA presence I would be happy to roll here.

Mercius,

I've found its entirely dependant on the day and the zone you're in. I'm currently begginning the dunland content, and find random folks at random times. Moria seems a bit more populated with breeland probably the busiest. the NA contingent is growing on this server due to the roleplay which IMO is more inclusive than Landroval. I rolled a toon on Landroval and unless youre already in a kin, the RP seems to me kinda non existant outside of a planned concert/event. I personally am on 3-4 nights a week between 7 and 10pm EST. I'd like to make your aquaintance. I'll probably be on tonight.

Limdalen

Sounds good. I should be on tonight dependent on the wife and daughter. I am new to RP, so I have not done a lot of RP, but I love Hobbits and am willing to learn how to properly RP, as I think it adds a lot to the game aside from the actual story content. I will create my little Hobbit Warden and hop on tonight, hopefully I can catch you online.

I am in the exact same boat as Mercius. I'll look for you tonight after work, and see if I can't get an invite also. Thanks!

Excellent!!! I'll be in and about Michael Delving catching up on some leatherwork. Feel free to send me a post and we'll meet.

Limdalen