We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wink Full Weaver Build

Well we survived 2012 XD

It's been a while and I'm getting back into PvMP. I just wanted to know if this was still the best weaver build to use. It seems there has been some big changes to the game as of late.

This is the build.

What I find works best as a build on live(And what I would use in Isen as well) is the following:
    Corruptions:
    Health for power 1/2
    Damage for power 1/2
    Health for damage 2
    Crit protection 2

Class traits:
    Strong brood(Will be replaced with scytode brood in Isen most likely)
    Enhanced latent(The r11 trait)
    Enhanced piercing attack
    Enhanced tainted kiss
    Armour boost
    Health boost
    Trapdoor Sanctuary

Racials:
    Eight legged menace
    Born of shadows
    Shelob's gift
    Enemies of the first children
    Ancient as the stars(Added with Isen)

Thank you!

Also when are they gonna make it so if monsters hold all outposts in the moors, they can enter bree / shire / everywhere on a full PvMP server?
    Last edited by zyphentis; Jan 16 2013 at 02:26 PM.

I think the way you trait depends allot on your rank and playstyle. My setup is build towards a solo build where i now build dps first and just try kill them before they can kill me while being able to out dps things like water lore spaming lms' heals.

Corruptions:
    Damage for power 2
    Damage for health 2
    masteries x4

the same racials and class traits as you except for i use enhanced trapdoor(only ptw skill) instead of feast and even though it now works i still use strong brood while solo or 2/3 spider groups.

now IF i was going to raid i would probably build with 4 morale+2 crit protection, throw feast back in for enhanced latent and probably switch over to scylote hatchling.

Another setup i used before i switched to damage was to trait 3 physical mitigation with 3 tactical mitigation that build with an armor pot will cap u at 50% mits before born of shadow so u can end up being at 70% mits so even though u do no damage and have low morale u can usually outlast anything you fight though its not a good build if u like to troll freeps by making them kill themselves with the reflect since u really want to have the lowest mits possible so u take the bigger hits lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisanewname View Post

Corruptions:
    Damage for power Rank 2
    Damage for health Rank 2
    masteries x4
    Is this ok?

Damage for power Rank 2
    Damage for health Rank 2
    Mastery Boost 3
    Mastery Boost 4
    Mastery Boost 5
    Mastery Boost 6

I never used Mastery before, i not even sure what it does lol. I tried this setup a few times solo and it I seem to die too quick. I still am only rank 3 tho.
    Last edited by zyphentis; Jan 15 2013 at 11:25 AM.

On my r8 spider, I do mostly soloing/small groups, I trait for health and damage, and it works great for me in all instances.

HfP2
    HfP1
    HfD2
    Mastery Boost x3

Sometimes I switch HfP1 for another master boost, but thats the only thing I ever swap out.

I forget the racial/class traits since I never change them, lol, I'll look later and edit this post.

EDIT:

Racials:
    Eight-legged Foe
    Ancient as the Stars
    Enemies of the First Children
    Shelob's Gift
    Born of Shadow

Class:
    Enhanced Piercing Kiss
    Enhanced Tainted Kiss
    Enhanced Trapdoor Sanctuary
    Enhanced Paralytic Venom
    Health Boost
    Armor Boost
    Scytode brood

With this build I've won almost every 1v1 since I hit r6, and more than a few 2v1/3v1 situations. I can take down any mini I find 1v1 as well, except one. If your doing larger groups/raids, try switching Enhanced Piercing Kiss for Enhanced Latent Poison, that way you can lock down 2 healers while DPS focus' a target down.
    Last edited by Nera'Nak; Jan 17 2013 at 08:14 AM.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -George Carlin

thanks will give that a try.
    Last edited by zyphentis; Jan 15 2013 at 11:34 AM.

I'm sitting in a somewhat Hybrid Build on my Spider

Heath 4 Damage Rank 2;

Health 4 Power Rank 2;

Mastery Boost x2;

Critical Protection x2.

Using 2 critical protections allow me to reach 50% Critical magnitude reduction, when buffed with Defiler's slick flesh.

I also use the Armor Boost from class traits, For the extra damage reduction (Sitting around 64% Phys. mit when using armour pots + Born of Shadow).

I liked the Full damage build you posted Some S. Name. Will try it once I go back from my rainy trip.

Also, is Damage 4 Power Rank 2 too much better than a matery boost these days?
    Last edited by Rashy; Jan 15 2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

Quote Originally Posted by zyphentis View Post
    Is this ok?

Damage for power Rank 2
    Damage for health Rank 2
    Mastery Boost 3
    Mastery Boost 4
    Mastery Boost 5
    Mastery Boost 6

I never used Mastery before, i not even sure what it does lol. I tried this setup a few times solo and it I seem to die too quick. I still am only rank 3 tho.
    Way too many Masteries. At two, diminishing returns starts to kick in, not making more than that as useful as other corruptions.

IIRC, I have three health corruptions, 1 mastery, 1 damage, and a crit protection. I may switch out the damage for another crit protection since it got buffed.

Well I tried this setup...

HfP2
    HfP1
    HfD2
    Mastery Boost x3

It worked really well for me, I was able to kill my first champ. I was thinking of changing it to this...

HfP2
    HfP1
    HfD2
    Mastery Boost x2
    crit protection

Because you are saying if I use more than two masteries it will work against me?

Well I tried this setup...

HfP2
    HfP1
    HfD2
    Mastery Boost x3

It worked really well for me, I was able to kill my first champ. I was thinking of changing it to this...

HfP2
    HfP1
    HfD2
    Mastery Boost x2
    crit protection

Because you are saying if I use more than two masteries it will work against me?
    Well i tried the second setup, and I just wasn't doing enough damage. Maybe it's because I am at rank 4

HfP2
    HfP1
    HfD2
    Mastery Boost x2
    crit protection

=

Physical Mastery 16,660
    Tactical Mastery 16,320

One the other hand this setup I get the damage I need.

HfP2
    HfP1
    HfD2
    Mastery Boost x3

=

Physical Mastery 18,020
    Tactical Mastery 17,680

Perhaps when i get a higher ranking I can use the crit protection instead of the extra masteries. What you think?

Guess you can add the protection if you feel you're being hit for too much.

Both builds are nice.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart06 View Post
    Way too many Masteries. At two, diminishing returns starts to kick in, not making more than that as useful as other corruptions.

IIRC, I have three health corruptions, 1 mastery, 1 damage, and a crit protection. I may switch out the damage for another crit protection since it got buffed.
    actually you don't come close to hitting dr with 4 masteries and damage for health 2 and dam for power 2 on a spider( with 3 ops its 15,980 or 96% for phy tac mastery dr doesn't start hitting till over 100% ). it does make you really squishy but i'm r11 and am usually solo so i need the extra damage for certain people like lms who spam heal wl. as a spider who has no way to interrupt a lm who has si with the new style hatchling my only chance is to out dps them.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisanewname View Post
    actually you don't come close to hitting dr with 4 masteries and damage for health 2 and dam for power 2 on a spider( with 3 ops its 15,980 or 96% for phy tac mastery dr doesn't start hitting till over 100% ). it does make you really squishy but i'm r11 and am usually solo so i need the extra damage for certain people like lms who spam heal wl. as a spider who has no way to interrupt a lm who has si with the new style hatchling my only chance is to out dps them.
    You can interrupt them with shadow's bite, though since LMs have very high will (fear resist) you will need high pips to get it to land.

I find that I never want to unslot scytode brood now. The extra slow, as weak and short as it is, is great for forcing sprints. And against LMs/RKs it tends to stay out of AOE effects like vivid imagery and improved sticky gourde (though, against bad LMs having your melee pet die in their sticky gourde is wonderful if they aren't paying attention).

I agree that a damage build is the way to go right now, with the DR system changes introduced in RoR we can leverage crowd control effects for defense against most classes.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    You can interrupt them with shadow's bite, though since LMs have very high will (fear resist) you will need high pips to get it to land.

I find that I never want to unslot scytode brood now. The extra slow, as weak and short as it is, is great for forcing sprints. And against LMs/RKs it tends to stay out of AOE effects like vivid imagery and improved sticky gourde (though, against bad LMs having your melee pet die in their sticky gourde is wonderful if they aren't paying attention).

I agree that a damage build is the way to go right now, with the DR system changes introduced in RoR we can leverage crowd control effects for defense against most classes.
    I never used scytode brood before, would you mind sharing with us your full setup?

In the meantime I think I'm gonna try...

h4p r1&2
    masteries x 4

With the enhanced trap door.
    Last edited by zyphentis; Jan 18 2013 at 04:24 PM.

Honestly the best advice is really to try as many builds as you can to find what works best for you.I spend allot of time talking with other high ranked spiders and once thing we all have in common is none of us play the same way. That's the good thing about the spider it actually allows various playstyles and all of them can be effective.We can give you advice on what works for us but there's so many variables involved that what works for me in the way i play normally isn't that effective in large RvR battles where just staying alive longer to keep minis/cpts/rks in combat means allot more then just trying to kill a solo before the zerg comes .

I can't seem to find 'Eight legged menace' under race traits. Did this skill get removed?

I can't seem to find 'Eight legged menace' under race traits. Did this skill get removed?
    Perhaps because it's Eight-Legged Foe? :P
    Bregnagra - Ashkoz - Kulurien ~ Formerly of Brandywine

I never used scytode brood before, would you mind sharing with us your full setup?

In the meantime I think I'm gonna try...

h4p r1&2
    masteries x 4

With the enhanced trap door.
    I would swap out the rank 1 H4P, do not use rank 1 corruptions. Instead swap in the rank 2 damage for power. Rank 2 damage corruptions are actually a higher boost than a single mastery corruption.

I encourage all spiders to experiment with scytode brood, it's very powerful. You can do some pretty nifty things with it positioning wise.

Even my Signature is trolling!

I would swap out the rank 1 H4P, do not use rank 1 corruptions. Instead swap in the rank 2 damage for power. Rank 2 damage corruptions are actually a higher boost than a single mastery corruption.

I encourage all spiders to experiment with scytode brood, it's very powerful. You can do some pretty nifty things with it positioning wise.
    How are they a higher boost?

I can never get physical or tactical to 15k without using 4 masteries...

Quote Originally Posted by Nera'Nak View Post
    On my r8 spider, I do mostly soloing/small groups, I trait for health and damage, and it works great for me in all instances.

HfP2
    HfP1
    HfD2
    Mastery Boost x3

Sometimes I switch HfP1 for another master boost, but thats the only thing I ever swap out.

I forget the racial/class traits since I never change them, lol, I'll look later and edit this post.

EDIT:

Racials:
    Eight-legged Foe
    Ancient as the Stars
    Enemies of the First Children
    Shelob's Gift
    Born of Shadow

Class:
    Enhanced Piercing Kiss
    Enhanced Tainted Kiss
    Enhanced Trapdoor Sanctuary
    Enhanced Paralytic Venom
    Health Boost
    Armor Boost
    Scytode brood

With this build I've won almost every 1v1 since I hit r6, and more than a few 2v1/3v1 situations. I can take down any mini I find 1v1 as well, except one. If your doing larger groups/raids, try switching Enhanced Piercing Kiss for Enhanced Latent Poison, that way you can lock down 2 healers while DPS focus' a target down.
    I like your setup, my setup is this...

DfP2
    HfP2
    Mastery Boost x4

The only reason I don't try your setup is because of burgs. Being rank 6 if the burg riddles me and kills my pet spider. I will lose the fight. (Depending on the burg as well.)

So I am trying to do as much dps as possible because once my pet spider is dead I can't seem to do enough dps to win the fight. Correct me if I am wrong, but is having more health and less dps really help? Maybe you wait until all his power is drained? Does that make a difference?

Just curious, what would you do/trait for an LM who spams water lore along with Wind lore's -50% ranged damage debuff and their raven's -50% ranged damage debuff (since you can't constantly pot them with the big pot cds...)?
    The Fungus-Infested-Tumor-Ridden-Royal-Spiderwarg has come online.
    First r12 Spiderwarg. - Veenom

Quote Originally Posted by Skii View Post
    Just curious, what would you do/trait for an LM who spams water lore along with Wind lore's -50% ranged damage debuff and their raven's -50% ranged damage debuff (since you can't constantly pot them with the big pot cds...)?
    run away, run far away
    Ssupermann: I hate minis, they have satellite lazers

I prefer to run in groups, so here's my raiding build. It's probably different than most, but I don't die enough to warrant a change.

Health for Power 2
    Damage for Power 2
    Mastery 1
    Critical Protection 1
    Physical Mitigation 1
    Tactical Mitigation 1

There is a theory behind this:

1) Power management is the least of a Weaver's worry, so I can afford to sacrifice power in favor of health and damage. I don't slot the tier 1 versions, as they give less for the same sacrifice. I don't go for the other XforX2 corruptions either, since I'd have a loss in a key stat (damage or health).

2) Diminishing returns take effect when you stack any one corruption, so I opt for a 'buffet' style build, rather than a BK 'stacker' type. Therefore, I believe I gain more in the long run.

3) In any given raid fight, one is expected to get healed. On that dependence, I opt for quality of morale over quantity. I'd get healed for the same amount if I had no mit/prot corruptions, but I'd take hits more effectively throughout the entirety of the battle when using those corruptions.

*I don't P2W, so my class slots don't include the high ranked traits. On that note, I use the fellowship-wide power heal trait for group support. Best to be placed in a full group, and when done so, I've brought up the power levels of the entire group up everytime I can. Good for prolonged fights, and is critical when bringing up the power level of members that are running on empty.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000b9311/signature.png]Mavirthael[/charsig]

6 Chestnut Street, Branway, Breeland, Crickhollow

Hang on im confused, I dont play a spider i play an lm. I thought spiders dps was all tact? Or is that only the DoTs that are tact?
    Jag

Quote Originally Posted by colefire2 View Post
    Hang on im confused, I dont play a spider i play an lm. I thought spiders dps was all tact? Or is that only the DoTs that are tact?
    Correct the DoTs are tact, but the initial damage is range. so the 50% decrease really hurts our dps :S
    Ssupermann: I hate minis, they have satellite lazers

You call them out in OOC and wait for reinforcements. Or just stand still and hope they don't see you.

Tactical classes have always been a bit difficult for Weavers but current LMs are unbeatable when played with any sort of competence. I haven't been able to beat a good Minstrel 1v1, either. Weavers simply don't have the burst to finish off Minstrels before they get off a 4k heal while no doubt laughing at you in front of their monitor. I wouldn't mind Weavers getting -incoming healing debuff on one of our skills. Obviously some freeples would say, "OMFG U DUN NEED DAT OPPPPPP" but if Turbine insists on leaving healing numbers in the Moors as ridiculous as they currently are, I believe every class needs some way of being able to counter it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast