We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Damage-type scrolls

Where can you obtain damage-type scrolls (like Scion of the Drowned Kingdom) to apply to legendary weapons OTHER THAN the NPCs in The Great Delving.

Reason is, I do not have Moria quests (on one account) and I would like to have some damage other than Common. I was looking for Ancient Dwarf or Westernesse damage scrolls.

I do know the Lothlorien barterers have some with Belierand. Not planning on buying Lothlorien.

Are there damage-type (other than mere <monster type>bane) scrolls that can be bartered in Enedwaith or Mirkwood? I was going to skip buying Moria and buy either Mirkwood or Enedwaith.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Both Mirkwood and Ened. have damage type scrolls. (Mirkwood ones are currently bugged)

I find it strange that you skip Moria and Lothlorien QPs considering all the wonderful content in them though. To each his own I guess.

Edit: Just not sure which damage types there are. Beleriand is sure to exist...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001ee718/01008/signature.png]Lucanthanas[/charsig]

Skipping Moria because it is too expensive (in terms of TP) for my $$-free experiment. I managed to get one toon to 60 so Moria is not cost-effective. I need a 61+ area now, but only my beginner weapon had a damage scroll (reward at the time for vol II quest).
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Dolven view has two of the three basic damage scrolls. Scion of the Drowned Kingdom (Westernesse) and Guardian of the Deep Halls (Ancient Dwarf).

There is a basic Beleriand damage scroll available through a repeatable three-man instance (the instance is called Midnight Raid) which starts at Echad Dunnan, the camp in Eregion where you started Vol 2 Book 1 to unlock Moria and get your first LI's. All three players for Midnight Raid will need to have an infused adamant gem. There are two other lower level 3-man instances which start at the same place but only Midnight Raid offers the Beleriand damage scroll.

All other zones after Moria have a variety of damage scrolls available for barter using quest reward tokens, and a small number of epic quests offer them as rewards, but each zone has it's own seperate set of quest reward tokens, so you can't use tokens from one zone to get a damage scroll in a different zone.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Enedwaith has such scrolls available on barter vendors in Lhanuch and Harndirion. The damage is Westerness + [creature] T3. Don't think they're rep gated, though you'll need 2 gold and 5 silver 'Tokens of the Wild' to get them.

H.

Like I said, I do not have MORIA content so the Great Delving NPCs are out. They should make those quests 'Special' like the ones for Lothlorien rep just outside The Golden Wood.

Echad Dunan quests are three-man, and (though I hadn't mentioned it) I was looking for a solo quest.

How are the Mirkwood scrolls bugged? I have a bunch of Mirkwood barter stuff. Can you barter for them (I suppose you need bo coup rep like Friend+ (only Acquaintance atm).

Looks like I may go the Enedwaith route (passing on Mirkwood). Now if only some quest content would go on sale....

Quote Originally Posted by Dotlbeme View Post
    How are the Mirkwood scrolls bugged? I have a bunch of Mirkwood barter stuff. Can you barter for them (I suppose you need bo coup rep like Friend+ (only Acquaintance atm).
    Mirkwood scrolls used to need Mirkwood instance medallions. Those Mirkwood Medallions were converted into regular Medallions in the last update when the BG instance cluster was scaled.
    The Barter vendors were not.

They will be in the next update we hope.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001ee718/01008/signature.png]Lucanthanas[/charsig]

More info than you'll ever need

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Legen...ms_Title_Guide

I get mine now at galtrev and the rohan barter guys, but that prolly is not an option for you.
    85 RK | 85 CHMP | 75 BRG | many others

Quote Originally Posted by Dotlbeme View Post
    Skipping Moria because it is too expensive (in terms of TP) for my $$-free experiment. I managed to get one toon to 60 so Moria is not cost-effective. I need a 61+ area now, but only my beginner weapon had a damage scroll (reward at the time for vol II quest).
    Your only choice at the moment is Endewaith. Other chocies which have potential problems:

1) Eregion - you may not want to get 2 buddies for Midnight raid
    2) Moria - Too rich for your blood
    3) Lothlorien -You are not interested in
    4) Mirkwood - Broken - need a game update to fix the Barter vendors.

I am not sure what to say given there are five choices. You do not like 3 of them. One is broke.

For me personally, Endewaith is my favorite region in your level range. It is an easy place to get damage scrolls.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Jan 15 2013 at 12:53 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Thanks guys.

My main interest was to get an Ancient dwarf scroll for my newer bow. Turns out the only place to get one is in Moria! Thorins Hall should really have a quest to obtain one so you can be effective in Sarnur. My hunter is done in Sarnur for now (still need Trolls), but the other damage (+ Orc or beast) will be useful.

So now plan is to wait for Enedwaith to go on sale hehe....

I got the Ancient Dwarf from the Training Hall in Dolvenview last night for Tantalus. Level 54 solo instance with a 79 Hunter. That was a quick easy scroll. I bought Moria back in 2008.

I can understand your desire to not buy Moria for the damage scrolls. That is a lot of money given that you are leveled past this content.

There is a problem with these instances. You need the infused garnet in order to get into the Training Hall. Mass murder of humanoids of the correct level is required. Similar issue with Midnight Raid - forget which infused - probably the adamant. There are garnet, sapphire and adamant infused.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Jan 16 2013 at 05:30 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Just buy a new weapon!

If you want a specific damage type it would probably save you a lot of time to just buy a weapon at the ah with the damage type you want or find a crafter to make you one of a specific type. Unless you are a VERY slow leveler, you're going to advance past your weapon anyway and want to upgrade. Just a thought.

If it's just for Sarnur I found it easiest/cheapest to just slot a non-legendary weapon with Ancient Dwarf dmg for the time being. Though I guess it coud be tricky to get one if you're not / don't have access to a weaponsmith/woodworker.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    If it's just for Sarnur I found it easiest/cheapest to just slot a non-legendary weapon with Ancient Dwarf dmg for the time being. Though I guess it coud be tricky to get one if you're not / don't have access to a weaponsmith/woodworker.
    You can buy some (non-legendary) weapons with Dwarf damage from the rep faction inside Thorin's Hall. From memory the weapons are in the low or mid-40's level range.

Also, you don't need dwarf damage for ALL of Sarnur. Any damage type works in the first large hall inside Sarnur, but if you go into the deeper sections you will need dwarf damage. If you just want to grind reputation with Thorin's hall, you can just farm mobs for rep token drops in the first hall using any damage type you happen to have (I was in Sarnur less than 2 weeks ago and I was not using dwarf damage).

To be honest I'd like to see some more dwarf damage scrolls for legendary weapons available in the game. The three obvious places to put them are Moria, Thorin's Hall and maybe at Nar's peak(?) in Enedwaith. Gate them with level appropriate repeatable quests.

We're up to our ears in Beleriand+x and Westernesse+y scrolls but there is only one type of dwarf damage scroll, it doesn't have any +x feature and it's only available from one NPC in Moria. My dwarf champ shows some of his dwarf pride by only using dwarf damage on his LI's (and other weapons when he can find level appropriate ones with dwarf damage). Every time he changes up to a new LI weapon, it's back to Moria to get a new dwarf damage+nothing scroll.

Come on Turbine, spread the hairy dwarven love around a bit more. Lets see some more options for dwarf damage LI scrolls please.

And my rant for the day:

Why are men of Rohan giving away Beleriand damage scrolls? Beleriand was settled mostly by elves. Considering the less than stellar opinion that the Rohirrim had concerning Lothlorien and the "witch/sorceress" who lived there (Galadriel), why would the men of Rohan be handing out damage scrolls most closely associated with elves when they didn't think very highly of them? If anything the Rohirrim would be more likely to favour Westernesse, considering the close ties between Rohan and Gondor (founded by Numenorians). I know there are some Westernesse scrolls available from vendors in Rohan, but also having Beleriand scrolls doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
    Last edited by GarethB; Apr 12 2013 at 05:33 AM.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

I think you can buy ancient dwarf damage scroll for your LI in the Store.

So is the best way to get a near-end-game ancient dwarf weapon to find an infused garnet somewhere then go run the Training Hall mission in the Dolven View in Moria? All the late Weaponsmith non-legendary weapons seem to only be Beleriand or Westernesse damage. This is just for Sarnur and I fully intend to throw it away afterward -- LOTRO shouldn't be pokemon.
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back. He kept the pony.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Titles

There's only one Ancient-Dwarf Title, from Dolen View (Moria) quest and the LotRO Store.
    There are a few Westernesse Titles, from Dolen View (Moria) quest, Enedwaith bartering and the LotRO store.
    There are a lot of Bereliand Titles, from Galtrev (Isengard), Hytbold (Riders) quests, Fanghorn (Helm's) bartering, the LotRO store and several others.

Keep in mind, Hunters have Oils to change their Damage type to Fire or Light.