We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Project Fenrir on the Crickhollow server

This project is an endeavor dedicated to the nurturing and growth of wargs on the Crickhollow server. Crickhollow is a small server and has lacked one distinct feature of the moors that other servers have come to love, warg packs. The warg toon is designed to be a pack animal, its unique in the sense that we have a skill at r6 (pack hunters) that is really designed to be used within a pack.

Project Fenrir is intended to help pups grow to become viable wargs in the moors and encourage commraderie between wargs to increase warg packs. We will endeavor to do this via the following means:

· Mat exchange for map deeds
    · PvE runs to kill the mayor, Goldie, Golloval and OP flips.
    · Mentoring and advice on which skills to invest in, when.
    · Open pack nite (once a week dependent on interest)

While this is by no means an ambitious project the goal is simply to improve the state of wargs in the crickhollow moors. It dosent matter to me if you play a freep most of the time or you have 5 ranked creeps. The purpose of the project is to encourage more wargs to viability and become assets creepside in the moors. As I write this proposal there are currently 300+ wargs on crickhollow only 90 of which are R6+. (Source: http://dailystats.theblackappendage.c om/pvmpstats/AggregateWorld?page=5&w=Crickh ollow&c=Stalker)

To conclude: if you are a warg who needs help getting their maps done message me in game: Guthmak. Better still send me an IM here with your wargs name (I will not share the data if you want to remain in the shadows freeps) and I will add you to my friends list and when I see you on will get you mats if I have them or bring you into a pack if I’m not grouped. Additionally any higher ranked wargs who wish to participate please contact me on the forums or in game. This assumes I don’t get banned from the forums again.

This project is currently exclusive to Crickhollow. Roll a warg check it out, I would encourage the project to expand to all PvP servers and anyone who wants to carry the mantle of the spirit of the project to their own server is more then welcome to do so.

See you out there and remember, there is nothing more deadly then an organized warg pack.

I would recommend not packing. Packing teaches a different play style than either raiding/small grouping/or soloing. Plus, stealth packs are a pain in the A and, imho, should be discouraged.

I'm all for helping new people, but teaching them to warg pack is not the right was imho.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000011a1c9/signature.png]Feelmybite[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Samus1111111 View Post
    I would recommend not packing. Packing teaches a different play style than either raiding/small grouping/or soloing. Plus, stealth packs are a pain in the A and, imho, should be discouraged.

I'm all for helping new people, but teaching them to warg pack is not the right was imho.
    I disagree I think wargs are an unique exception to standard convention in Lotro PvP. Not only should new wargs attempt to learn how to pack they should embrace it as an intended way of playing the class.

From the U6 dev diary:

Changes to Pack Hunters:
    Pack Hunters will be the only racial skill that will be changing to accommodate the new stances. If a pack of Wargs successfully uses all the variations of this skill to their advantage, they can become a force to be reckoned with.
    • No stance: Pack Hunters
      • Adds a damage boosting effect to the target.
      • Cooldown: 30s
    • Shadow Stance: Shadow Pack
      • The Warg marks his territory, lowering the defenses of all enemies who enter it.
      • Cooldown: 60s
    • Flayer Stance: Pack Flayers
      • Applies an unbreakable root to the target and the Warg. During this channel, the target is unable to block, parry, or evade.
      • Cooldown: 60s
    A warg pack can excel and be extremely formidable with exclusivity within the breed. Packing should be taught and nurtured as a play style most definately for new wargs as survival is harder and harder in the RoR moors. Ive solod, ive gold tagged, Ive raided up and ive packed. I see many wargs now in the RoR moors who basically follow TA do DPS get a stun in here or there. Nothing wrong with that but being in a 2-6 person pack, stealthed waiting on that one target is exactly how wargs are meant to be played.

You get in, you get your kills you get out. The best apparatus to achieve that is a pack IMHO. Any warg under R6 brought up in a pack will be able to expand their play to encompass the other styles with good aud, decent skills and an understanding of how other wargs work and the strengths and weaknesses of the class. I was raised solo, it was a long slog, comms are very easy to come by these days. You dont even have to do anything you just have to be in a raid. Warg packs are a unique game play expirence, every warg should get a taste of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Samus1111111 View Post

On the contrary, I would submit that Wargs are designed with intent to Pack. While it no doubt leads to a different play style than Solo or Raid, the Warg Pack plays directly to the Warg's strengths and minimizes our various weaknesses.

I would strongly recommend to any Warg that they learn to work with a pack - and learn to operate in the Scout or Harrier role for a Raid as well and take a stab at solo too.

Side note: If it hadn't been for the friends I made running with a Warg Pack, I'd have abandoned PvMP ages ago. Wargs are patterned on Wolves who are, by every measure, social creatures that run in packs.
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

I honestly didn't think you needed to be good or nurtured to figure out how to zerg down solo targets from stealth, since that's pretty much what most warg packs do.
    Rank 14 Minstrel, Rank 10 Rune-keeper, Rank 7 Champion
    Rank 11 Weaver, Rank 11 Blackarrow, Rank 10 Reaver, Rank 10 Stalker, Rank 9 Defiler, Rank 7 Warleader

Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post
    I honestly didn't think you needed to be good or nurtured to figure out how to zerg down solo targets from stealth, since that's pretty much what most warg packs do.
    That's just Windfola warg packs.

Yes I agree with Thorgrum here; pack play is THE way a warg should play. As a Hunter I HATE it but as an independent outside PVMP observer, I will say that if you get a 6 warg R6+ pack, they can pretty much take down half a freep group before they can even put up a good fight.

get more than 6..... it starts to get scary. get some with imp flayer and its not a pretty picture.... for the freeps

Quote Originally Posted by Daec View Post

Solo target? Havent seen many of those since RoR, you? All new creeps need to get maps and that means getting mats. The goal here is (partially) to help them get maps so they can move around. So we'll get them some gold, get them some maps and answer questions about corruptions etc.

Packing isnt hard, its even easier with flayer lock. However wargs are not longer the FOTM, so now, hopefully, all the freeps who flipped at U6 to roll wargs move on to weavers and we see more dedicated long term warg players. Id like to make thier progression easier then mine, the infamy system already does that to a large degree but maps still have to be attained.

Unless they break out the CC, thats their call.
    Last edited by Thorgrum; Jan 15 2013 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    That's just Windfola warg packs.

Yes I agree with Thorgrum here; pack play is THE way a warg should play. As a Hunter I HATE it but as an independent outside PVMP observer, I will say that if you get a 6 warg R6+ pack, they can pretty much take down half a freep group before they can even put up a good fight.

get more than 6..... it starts to get scary. get some with imp flayer and its not a pretty picture.... for the freeps
    More then 6 is OP IMHO and I wont endevor to do that. 3 is ideal, 4 is ok dependent on ranks. Hunters are toast once you get in melee with them if you use brands. I dont use them myself, occassionally but not the norm. If they have you from range your toast if you run a DPS build (which I do often). Lot of wargs go defense and morale which is fine but I like to do more then 97 damage a hit so I burn very fast if caught.

Can I suggest an addendum to Project Fenrir.

We can call it "Preparation H". After each warg pack kill the entire pack corpse stomps and pees on every freep.

(kidding)
    Last edited by Armitas; Jan 15 2013 at 04:27 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post

We can call it "Preparation H". After each warg pack kill the entire pack corpse stomps and pees on every freep.

(kidding)
    Too bad, I loved this idea
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post

(kidding)
    That would be unseemly and something I would never encourage in game. Now that wargs arent FOTM, and weavers are this is an excellent opportunity for full time wargs over all servers to help one another out and make the toons stronger through unity.

Thats the spirit of Project Fenrir, more wargs, in packs, WAI and helping one another out.

Love the concept.. and is why our kin made a tribe of wargs on our server, eight on when we can all get on.. Now.. if only we had more than one experienced creep.. Which is why your concept is so excellent.. without maps and good rank, it really is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    Love the concept.. and is why our kin made a tribe of wargs on our server, eight on when we can all get on.. Now.. if only we had more than one experienced creep.. Which is why your concept is so excellent.. without maps and good rank, it really is hard.
    every server has a different culture, here we simply dont have a lot of active wargs Id like to see a moderate change in that regarding. Helping low ranks get some maps, get some aud and run in a pack is a good idea for every server IMHO.

Get out there do your thing and never let anyone tell you how to play a game you pay for.

packing kills off any already almost non-existant solo action.

crickhollow should consider the lack of them a blessing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000030b05c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

"Solo" action means greenie hunting, which imo shouldn't really exist at all
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.