We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,073

    I lied (project Fenrir)

    I lied, Im going to post more for a few weeks or until I get banned.

    This project is an endeavor dedicated to the nurturing and growth of wargs on the Crickhollow server. Crickhollow is a small server and has lacked one distinct feature of the moors that other servers have come to love, warg packs. The warg toon is designed to be a pack animal, its unique in the sense that we have a skill at r6 (pack hunters) that is really designed to be used within a pack.

    Project Fenrir is intended to help pups grow to become viable wargs in the moors and encourage commraderie between wargs to increase warg packs. We will endeavor to do this via the following means:

    · Mat exchange for map deeds
    · PvE runs to kill the mayor, Goldie, Golloval and OP flips.
    · Mentoring and advice on which skills to invest in, when.
    · Open pack nite (once a week dependent on interest)


    While this is by no means an ambitious project the goal is simply to improve the state of wargs in the crickhollow moors. It dosent matter to me if you play a freep most of the time or you have 5 ranked creeps. The purpose of the project is to encourage more wargs to viability and become assets creepside in the moors. As I write this proposal there are currently 300+ wargs on crickhollow only 90 of which are R6+. (Source: http://dailystats.theblackappendage.c om/pvmpstats/AggregateWorld?page=5&w=Crickh ollow&c=Stalker)

    To conclude: if you are a warg who needs help getting their maps done message me in game: Guthmak or Boss Hogg. Better still send me an IM here with your wargs name (I will not share the data if you want to remain in the shadows freeps) and I will add you to my friends list and when I see you on will get you mats if I have them or bring you into a pack if I’m not grouped. Additionally any higher ranked wargs who wish to participate please contact me on the forums or in game. This assumes I don’t get banned from the forums again, still you see one of the toons on send the tell, forum message is preferred.

    It’s time to bring warg packs out regularly and make them cry more.

  2. #2
    I like seeing warg packs, only if there's something of an equal force out tho and if they aren't just tagging off a raid all the time, if possible. GL


    Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    I like seeing warg packs, only if there's something of an equal force out tho and if they aren't just tagging off a raid all the time, if possible. GL
    From your burg expirence you know the nuances of stealth play. One has to be an opportunist, period. You take what you can get and if it means tagging squishies in the back of an RvR then thats what it is. Cricks a small server I wouldnt expect this to be a major issue, that said if it gets to zergy I log. I had a pack last week we killed a LM twice, he came out a third time we left him be.

    I wont camp people, but targets of opportunity die first. You know the drill, should you roll a warg shoot me an message.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    From your burg expirence you know the nuances of stealth play. One has to be an opportunist, period. You take what you can get and if it means tagging squishies in the back of an RvR then thats what it is. Cricks a small server I wouldnt expect this to be a major issue, that said if it gets to zergy I log. I had a pack last week we killed a LM twice, he came out a third time we left him be.

    I wont camp people, but targets of opportunity die first. You know the drill, should you roll a warg shoot me an message.
    Sounds like good mentality, I often can't say that I am being nice though. If i beat the greenie grp with no cds left at 4k morale I like trying to puh myself, be a jerk and go for more kills, but that's solo tho :P

    What makes you think I don't have a warg? ^.^ Sadly (I suppose) I've never really been a packer. More than 3 stealth classes together can produce too much intimidation, which is not good for business >.> (If I am doing that I am either not fully sober or with several friends messing around, helping them rank or w/e)
    Last edited by Nifroth; Jan 14 2013 at 10:28 AM.


    Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    Sounds like mentality, I often can't say that I am being nice though. If i beat the greenie grp with no cds left at 4k morale I like trying to puh myself, be a jerk and go for more kills, but that's solo tho :P

    What makes you think I don't have a warg? ^.^ Sadly (I suppose) I've never really been a packer. More than 3 stealth classes together can produce too much intimidation, which is not good for business >.> (If I am doing that I am either not fully sober or with several friends messing around, helping them rank or w/e)
    I wont run a pack with more then 6 because I have flayer and flayer makes it much easier. Im going to step out of charecter and be real with you for a moment. I dont care how you play or who you kill, its all good. Like yesterday when you caught me on the bottom of the hill near lug, that was a nice kill all my CD's were gone. You see an R0 reaver in HH? You kill it.

    If I see a burg with 3k morale (if I remember to flip to shadow) I kill it. Being a jerk is a condition one creates based on the valuation system of others. Dont let other people dictate how you play, its a game its entertainment. You been ganked at a 1v1 yet? (you wont be) thats what I mean, dont let people troll you and affect your play. Forum PvP is just an extension of the play, getting kills is the number one priority no matter where they come from.

    Shoot me a PM if you want to pack, you know my wargs name.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    I wont run a pack with more then 6 because I have flayer and flayer makes it much easier. Im going to step out of charecter and be real with you for a moment. I dont care how you play or who you kill, its all good. Like yesterday when you caught me on the bottom of the hill near lug, that was a nice kill all my CD's were gone. You see an R0 reaver in HH? You kill it.

    If I see a burg with 3k morale (if I remember to flip to shadow) I kill it. Being a jerk is a condition one creates based on the valuation system of others. Dont let other people dictate how you play, its a game its entertainment. You been ganked at a 1v1 yet? (you wont be) thats what I mean, dont let people troll you and affect your play. Forum PvP is just an extension of the play, getting kills is the number one priority no matter where they come from.

    Shoot me a PM if you want to pack, you know my wargs name.
    Pssh, I sometimes let greenies go, I did it a lot on my champ in RoI only to be called out by them at the same spot though Q_Q
    Yeah, I do care about the thing respectable people set up as standards for skillful play to measure up, I like seeing myself outplay someone, it's a great joy for me, for anyone really, imo.
    Who knows I might bump into you on my warg someday

    P.S. I am a jerk out of something I define myself. I sometimes try to imagine how it feels being on the other side w/e I play and realize that I'd hate having that done to me, so really, I am a self-defined jerk, but that's how a burg HAS to be!
    Last edited by Nifroth; Jan 14 2013 at 10:30 AM.


    Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    P.S. I am a jerk out of something I define myself. I sometimes try to imagine how it feels being on the other side w/e I play and realize that I'd hate having that done to me, so really, I am a self-defined jerk, but that's how a burg HAS to be!
    I rarely if ever think of other people, Im always thinking about myself first. Often when i do this the residule effect is the people around me benefit. As an example by posting 3-4 times on a subforum Ill get attention, my warg will be killed, I will get more infamy this way as the fraid will wipe over and over. Thinking about how other people feel is noble, I endevor to do so IRL, empathy for others isnt a strong suit of mine but as I age I getting better. In a video game with nameless and faceless people I dont sweat it, now if we knew one another IRL that might be different.

    You arent a jerk Hayfora, you play the burg class very well and are overall a handful for any creep. You exsist in that 5% group who excel at this game, frankly i dont have the time, desire or ability to ever attain that. I have a good time when im on, the minute that changes i log off.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post

    but that's how a burg HAS to be!
    ^^ True. I was talking to someone on riddermark creepside earlier, anonymously, and we ended up talking about burglars and how they used to be serious pain in the &&& Pre-RoR (still are, kinda). We both agreed that it's the way the class is supposed to be played. If you start having compassion and let some of your opponents live, you're going to expect them to do the same for you, and it's the beginning of the end. :P Rule #1 to enjoy Lotro PvP: spare no one. Friends, greenies, etc. You're fked as soon as you start caring about who's living and who's dying (including yourself).

    @guthmak

    Sounds interesting. Warg packs, or even warg duos, is definitely one of my favorite type of group in any type of MMORPG game, it's unique and should seriously happen more often on Crickhollow. Only problem is that freeps probably can't handle a large, or even a medium warg pack + the Craid.
    Last edited by Arnahk; Jan 14 2013 at 02:35 PM.
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    425
    I'd be down for that. I have a Rank 5 Warg I made long long ago and never really learned how to play him. I usually just scout the moors for freeps when I'm on him, and I don't think I've ever killed anything solo with him lol. Infact I only ranked him from 1-3...My little brother ranked him from 3-5 and bought skills and whatnot so I don't really know what state he's in lol. Anyways you'll get my message. Seems like it could be a lot of fun.
    High Treason

    |Cuath-1 R11 Captain|

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnahk View Post
    @guthmak

    Sounds interesting. Warg packs, or even warg duos, is definitely one of my favorite type of group in any type of MMORPG game, it's unique and should seriously happen more often on Crickhollow. Only problem is that freeps probably can't handle a large, or even a medium warg pack + the Craid.
    I wont bring anything more then a 6 person pack at this time. A full pack raid would break Crick right now, I also dont think there are enough people on to support it anyway. Duo is fine, ive been running those when not in BAMF groups to mixed success. There are a couple of newer wargs around that arent to bad, at least the follow RA and the do what i tell them too when.

    See you out there

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,277
    *woof*

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    *woof*
    *meow* o.o
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    376
    Sometimes warg packs can get a bit excessive. Everyone now and then on Imladris, we get a 20+ raid of wargs. No small group (lest they be a 6 man Shield-Warden group) can survive that especially if they are well coordinated. Warg packs are quite a nuisance.

  14. #14
    Good idea Guth ^^ Think I've only warg packed once or twice that was in RoI with just 2-3 others. I'd be up for it for a bit of a change ;p

    Don't think there are even enough active wargs for 20+ group o_O One thing I did like about the server when I first came here, was much more visibles compared to what I was used to which was a really nice change.

    meowmeowmeowmeow
    [center][color=red]
    dwarrowdelf
    ohsnap, bigsnaps, hypnotiq r12 warg[/color][/center]

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by themannweb View Post
    we get a 20+ raid of wargs. No small group (lest they be a 6 man Shield-Warden group) can survive that especially if they are well coordinated.
    Im pretty sure a small group could handle that if they had a mini and or rk. A 5k morale hunter and his trusty lunchboxe survived one of those^ and got some kills outta it before the rest sprinted off.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    376
    That's if they have a Mini. Either way, any solo of small groups (2-4) people will get destroyed depending on the class.

  17. #17
    Certainly not enough active wargs to make a 20 warg raid..nothing to worry about there! We can hardly make a 20 creep raid some nights hah!

    But it sounds like a great idea Guth! I miss warg packs, they are definitely more of a thing of the past on Crick. Bring em back!


    /cheer
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000082aa5/signature.png]Skmuzy[/charsig]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,073
    Ive had interest from people I know on other servers as well, could be fun.

    I think Im going to start running packs on sat night, unless bamf needs me. Im confident they will be fine but tribe first, fenrir second.

    So remember wargs, I dont care what rank you are if you freep here or not (I dont want to know who your freep is) message me in game if you need mats for maps, or need to kill goldie or golly or need an escort to HH. I will help you. The wargs of Crick need to support one another.

    There will be more packs, be patient, be dilligent in your approach to the toon and over time you will grow and prosper.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    376
    For a Warg's pack sake, I wouldn't mind making a Warg for the hell of it when I transfer over.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by themannweb View Post
    For a Warg's pack sake, I wouldn't mind making a Warg for the hell of it when I transfer over.
    I transfered here from another server id strongly urge you to think about what type of play you want before doing so. If you do choose to roll one, do not tell me you are a freep or who your free toon is. I have no desire to get chummy with dedicated freep players on crickhollow and frankly I wear creep goggles 90% of the time.

    Bring your warden if you must but if your going to roll a warg "for the hell of it" please dont waste my time and resources.

    Also I have a stomach virus my &&& is like a whales blow hole right now so my play time will be limited until the weekend.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,073
    So quick update:

    Last night had 3 wargs with me who were R4 or lower, picked up a higher rank at the end. We had a good 45 min of warg pack play (I don’t stay on for much more than 2 hours at a time). Each got some gold and some mats to cash in for their map deeds. We got some kills, I died several times along with them. Overall a good night. I’ve had good feedback in game and on the forums from people interested. Just a few things to keep in mind:

    1. Not looking for a raid, a 4-6 man pack is big enough.

    2. We tried and will continue to try not camping the same person over and over.

    3. If you are a solo hunter and you track us repeatedly, I assume you want to play. After the 3rd time I ordered the pack to let you pass, you choose not to (your call).

    4. If the fight is at the back door of lug and you continue to ride to it the same way over and over, you’re going to die. Attempt an alternate route into your keep or wait until you have numbers for the ride back.


    As a general rule when I log on I look at my tribe chat see what’s up, BAMF will always come first if they need me or want me I will run with them. Often raids are not run by BAMF and I don’t seek them in OOC with a “J” if I’m seen and they want me in a raid I’ll get an invite. If however you see me on and want to warg pack send me a tell. I’ll be doing more solo/GTing and warg duos in the future. I like the raids but I’m getting to comfortable with the safety they provide.

    Thanks for your interest, see you out there.
    Last edited by Thorgrum; Jan 17 2013 at 08:30 AM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload