We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up Housing back in the picture: Twitter dev Q&A

Hi everyone,

Some of you might have missed this, some might have not. Anyway, this seems the place to post and share this. Even though it's a while ago this was posted, it's still worthwhile:

Twitter Lotro dev chat 20 december 2012:
    https://twitter.com/lotro

Q11: Econn-When will we see some work done for housing? #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A11: MZ-Hoo-ee…need to set the stage by getting neighborhoods consolidated with less vacant housing first. #LOTRO #DEVCHAT

A11:Working out the details of that stuff now.All I can say is that we have a lot of devs interested in doing some serious home improvement.
    So there it is: movement in the housing area. No promises, nothing set in stone. But no inertia either. Good news!

Thank you for reposting this twitter post. Didn't read it before.

I hope they will also fix problems which I postet in august/september before the devs adds more and more buggy housing options.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...all-Homesteads

Should we be hopeful about this or ... Either way, if this becomes true and if we see a good improvement on housing, I might even cry

I hope they aren't just playing with my emotions.

I am totally prepared to do whatever it takes to design myself the coolest house and Kin house in all of Middle Earth. All I need is a date and the amount of TP/add-on cost so I can take the day off and throw money at you Turbine. I'm hoping to get my own Orthanc shaped structure and possibly rent out rooms to friends.

If you're going to dream, might as well dream big.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000160bc4/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I hate the new Edit Signature functionality

Quote Originally Posted by Indy-in-IN View Post
    I hope they aren't just playing with my emotions.

I am totally prepared to do whatever it takes to design myself the coolest house and Kin house in all of Middle Earth. All I need is a date and the amount of TP/add-on cost so I can take the day off and throw money at you Turbine. I'm hoping to get my own Orthanc shaped structure and possibly rent out rooms to friends.

If you're going to dream, might as well dream big.
    I'm right there with you. Happy to see the twitter log, hoping I can throw money at Turbine to do what I WANT to do with housing...but not holding my breath...been disappointed too many times.

I don't want to hope for much...but I can't help myself!

This is good news. I really want to buy a house but I have yet to see enough incentive to do so. I rather not pay upkeep for... well nothing. You buy the house and it comes with storage and whatever space for items. Thats one price... charging rent thereafter should yield a lot more than that.

It's like, why are we even paying rent if nothing new is given to us once we bought the house initially?

I would be exicted btu after 6 years of w8ing i am not ...

I just dont belive them