We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 32 of 32
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    580
    Althorr - you know for someone whes got a store brand for every hour of every day of the week you've got quite the opinion on a skill...

    Granted I think ALL skills should be gated to 12 I agree with some points.

    Fact is flies only have what 12k? A raid could focus in a second on them and have them dead.

    Btw - where you been? I've even passed you on the leader boards
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000ae792/signature.png]Eunuch[/charsig]
    My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. My power is discombobulatingly devastating.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    1,111
    In essence, buying the skills isn't so bad. But combine that with the updates creeps got, and the sheer number of them and the jerks who have stopped playing freep to roll a creep, we dont always have the numbers or classes needed to match the creeps.

    Back on topic, i had no problem targeting flies last night. It was less chaotic and not lagging, so ill leave those reasons as my guess for the few nights ago.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Maybe they'll remove brands, pots and other stupid store tools too.

    I would absolutely love that. I had exponentially more fun in the moors before they introduced store items.



    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkshipOfLanterns View Post
    Althorr - you know for someone whes got a store brand for every hour of every day of the week you've got quite the opinion on a skill...

    Granted I think ALL skills should be gated to 12 I agree with some points.

    Fact is flies only have what 12k? A raid could focus in a second on them and have them dead.

    Btw - where you been? I've even passed you on the leader boards

    The thing about store brands, and every other store item I use in the moors, is that they are ALL available to creeps as well. ALL OF THEM!!


    Advantage: neither


    I have no problem whatsoever with peeps poppin on me the same &&&& I can pop on them.


    On the other hand, Mord' brands and OP Enhanced store skills are a complete joke, and that leads me into responding to your next point.


    Fake pvp is seriously losing it's appeal to me, so I play less.


    Getting awfully tired of tryin' to play my moors game, yet that rk 6 reav that i try to pop suddenly morphs into a rk 14 reav with all his Enhanced OP skills, pops Mord brand, Wrath, AtO, DR, etc. Same scenario is true with other creep classes, just swap out skills. It's a joke now.


    That's not fun for me, and it doesn't seem to be even remotely fair either, so I log in less.


    Meh.


    That's okay though as my sac is now, and will always be, greater than yourz.





    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    In essence, buying the skills isn't so bad.

    Yes.


    Yes it is.


    It's one of the singularly worst things that have happened to the game in my 4+ years of playing.


    That goes for turbine, and the peeps that buy those OP skills, then try and act like they use them in some judicious and fair manner.


    Sell that &&&& to someone else 'cause i'm not buyin' it.


    ( this reminded me to start another thread )
    Last edited by Althorion; Jan 16 2013 at 11:41 AM.

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    Fake pvp is seriously losing it's appeal to me, so I play less.


    Getting awfully tired of tryin' to play my moors game, yet that rk 6 reav that i try to pop suddenly morphs into a rk 14 reav with all his Enhanced OP skills, pops Mord brand, Wrath, AtO, DR, etc. Same scenario is true with other creep classes, just swap out skills. It's a joke now.


    That's not fun for me, and it doesn't seem to be even remotely fair either, so I log in less.

    So let me get this straight. Since lower level creeps are no longer easy cannon fodder, pvp sucks and you don't want to play....Ok.
    .
    Reddmedic - R10 Defiler
    The Old Timers Guild LOTRO | Server - Gladden

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post







    Yes.


    Yes it is.


    It's one of the singularly worst things that have happened to the game in my 4+ years of playing.


    That goes for turbine, and the peeps that buy those OP skills, then try and act like they use them in some judicious and fair manner.


    Sell that &&&& to someone else 'cause i'm not buyin' it.


    ( this reminded me to start another thread )
    So..an unranked reaver without store skills against you, a top geared & ranked hunter would be a fair match?
    I thought I knew you, I thought you came to the Moors for a fight of a life time, not to faceroll some poor suckers
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by shark1979 View Post
    So let me get this straight. Since lower level creeps are no longer easy cannon fodder, pvp sucks and you don't want to play....Ok.

    Sorry, but you didn't get that straight.


    I didn't say that, nor did I infer it.



    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    So..an unranked reaver without store skills against you, a top geared & ranked hunter would be a fair match?
    I thought I knew you, I thought you came to the Moors for a fight of a life time, not to faceroll some poor suckers

    No, what would be fair is for them to achieve rank and experience, and earn their skills just as I had to, before them having a reasonable chance against me.


    I've put in years on my hunter, 1000's of hours, learning my class and how to play him in the moors, grinding, grinding, grinding, gearing, 10,000 raids and fellowships.


    I've become one of the best at my class.


    Again, should a rank 6 ANYTHING be able to beat me?


    For those who have extremely large gaps between their synapses, let me break it down like this...........


    It's the same as if you saw a lvl 40 freep out in the moors, went to kill them ( which, by all means, you should ), and they turned around and wrecked you with a plethora of skills completely above their level?


    Not that level 40 freeps are anywhere near as prevelant as store-skill creeps, yet if this were happening creeps would be crying rivers of blood.


    This is just referencing encounters with lower lvl creeps. Make them mid-high ranked creeps with some rk 14 Enhanced skills, and the scenario just gets ridiculous.


    I used to have loads of fun fighting all the best on the server. It was generally close no matter who or what class, and knowing rank meant knowing your enemy, and what skills they would employ against you. None of that applies now.


    I iz sad.


    Consider this my tear ............
    Last edited by Althorion; Jan 17 2013 at 11:34 AM.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    Sorry, but you didn't get that straight.


    I didn't say that, nor did I infer it.






    No, what would be fair is for them to achieve rank and experience, and earn their skills just as I had to, before them having a reasonable chance against me.


    I've put in years on my hunter, 1000's of hours, learning my class and how to play him in the moors, grinding, grinding, grinding, gearing, 10,000 raids and fellowships.


    I've become one of the best at my class.


    Again, should a rank 6 ANYTHING be able to beat me?


    For those who have extremely large gaps between their synapses, let me break it down like this...........


    It's the same as if you saw a lvl 40 freep out in the moors, went to kill them ( which, by all means, you should ), and they turned around and wrecked you with a plethora of skills completely above their level?


    Not that level 40 freeps are anywhere near as prevelant as store-skill creeps, yet if this were happening creeps would be crying rivers of blood.


    This is just referencing encounters with lower lvl creeps. Make them mid-high ranked creeps with some rk 14 Enhanced skills, and the scenario just gets ridiculous.


    I used to have loads of fun fighting all the best on the server. It was generally close no matter who or what class, and knowing rank meant knowing your enemy, and what skills they would employ against you. None of that applies now.


    I iz sad.


    Consider this my tear ............
    I really do understand how you feel and why your crying this storm, especially after playing a Guardian for 5+ yrs and then a Reaver prior to last update. Please do understand that it's really hard for me to sympathize with you though.. Especially after seeing you take full advantage of the hunters opness prior to the update..

    Really, if it's such an issue, do as Gunnor did and retire your useless Hunter and play something you enjoy more..

    I'm not going to say that buying skills is right but there are so many more things that or of much more importance wrong that it really makes your whines about it insignificant: Tanks that DPS, DPS Classes that out-tank the tanks, CC Classes that outheal incoming dps and out-tank a tank, ect....

    Do I really need to go on? After playing and investing all the time you have, you should know by now that it's never going to be the way you and I think it should be.. Give it up already and finds other ways to enjoy yourself. I have..

    As a matter of fact, seeing all those low rank Creeps that you and Vic use to 3 and 4 shot kick the living chit out of you now, tickles the living chit out of me.. hahahaha
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Jan 17 2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload