We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Looking to Transfer

I'm looking to transfer to another server and I'm wondering what it is like here on Dwarrow for Moors play. Just wondering how good the PvP is here and if Moors is pretty active.

Honestly the moors has been picking up a bit on this server as of late and the action has had its ups and downs depending upon the time of day you play. Both sides could probably use with a little bit more teamwork. Overall I would grade us a B currently for action that I have seen on this server in the last couple of years. You are more then welcome to transfer...especially if you are gonna play a lowbie creep.

I never hurt no Creeps.

There's usually a huge blob vs blob around, pushing across the map, from 4PM pacific to 8PM pacific, then everyone logs off. After that, the Australians come online.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000005f78b/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Pivik View Post
    Honestly the moors has been picking up a bit on this server as of late and the action has had its ups and downs depending upon the time of day you play. Both sides could probably use with a little bit more teamwork. Overall I would grade us a B currently for action that I have seen on this server in the last couple of years. You are more then welcome to transfer...especially if you are gonna play a lowbie creep.
    ^^^

That pretty much sums up everything I would say about Dwarrow PvP.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

It's meh. I started playing again after a brief hiatus and while it's not as fun as it used to be, it has its moments.

Solo/small group play seems mostly dead, which is disappointing, but I guess the blame for that lies on RoR PvP mechanics and not on the players themselves.

If your reason for transferring off your current server is to get away from ZergvZerg action, I don't know if I'd recommend transferring.

Anyways, try it out with a freaver or something but remember that that freaver will be ganked into unrecognizable pulp.

Good luck.
    {Bbatburz, Ssuperburz, Ssupermann}
    What audacity does to new players who come to the Moors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezg4sr67OGA

Zerg vs. zerg is only part of it. Main reason is that too much &&&& and drama is happening. Farmers are active in the extreme.

Frankly of all the servers I've PvP'd on this is easily the worst. I wouldn't recommend to anyone to transfer here. No solos, zerging OP's, excessive CD usage in 1v1's take the very worst aspects possible of PvP behavior and multiply them.
    Creeps: Fissure R-12
    Freeps: Presdas R-9, Arcteus R9, Dainsleif-1 R4

Quote Originally Posted by apb8808 View Post
    Frankly of all the servers I've PvP'd on this is easily the worst. I wouldn't recommend to anyone to transfer here. No solos, zerging OP's, excessive CD usage in 1v1's take the very worst aspects possible of PvP behavior and multiply them.
    There are plenty of people that are out solo. I do not think I have ever seen an outpost zerged. What is the point of fighting someone in a 1v1 at all; if you want 1v1s go spar in 21st hall. Not only that, but who would put a restriction on them like this: "I can't beat you if you use the skills you have, so don't use them. It isn't fair."

I never hurt no Creeps.

There are people solo'ing, it's just that it is such a coincident that everyone always solo's next to each other. There are no warg/burg pack, just stealth classes happened to be at the right place and at the right time lol...

Excessive usage of CDs in 1v1s? I have to agree. This is not the best place to look for a 1v1.

Pretty much what Pres said if you look at the darker side of DD pvmp, DD has had it's moment, will it be same? Nobody knows.

Though you are most welcome, especially if you're a spear warden ;D
    Last edited by abukia222; Jan 13 2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: my engrish/engrand too pro, need correction
    Banoon LM
    Here WL (my r5 ranking blow is a DG quest muahahaha)

If you are a DPS/spear warden then... YESSSS!!! COME MY BROTHER!!

....If not then, well you're still welcome :P

Action is pretty good, though it can be dead at times..

Also, if you're looking to get away from farmers, we have 3-4 here :/ ....Just so happends that, 2 of them are wardens.

I would say, roll a creep and check out action during primetime/dead times and see what ya think.. Give a shout out in OOC and we can pull ya into a group creepside to check out action... I am there most times, as I have been "banned" from freeping by my creep friends ;P
    {Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} +wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless!

Quote Originally Posted by Agost View Post
    I am there most times, as I have been "banned" from freeping by my creep friends ;P
    lolol <3 you evo. ;D
    But yeah, we have fair share of wardens ..but only about two good ''active'' dps wardens :P
    [center][b]BRANDYWINE[/b]
    [color=hotpink]Deetour r12 WL. Iorynn-1 r13 drunk Warg.[/color] [color=lightblue]Zeyrah r10 lag RK.[/color] {[color=hotpink]Victorious Secret.[/color] [color=lightblue]Skill and Valour.[/color]}
    [/center]

the server shifts from freep zergs to creep zergs depending on the expac and time of the year, there are solors and small groupers on both sides from what I see
    Shapcidrat SoM-RoR

also DD is a fairly small server so we all know each other... which means... there tends to be quite a bit of friendly trolling and some not so friendly trolling xd though as for full blown drama, not much that I've seen that doesn't involve the farmers...

and if you do come here: avoid Gallanhael and all his alts ;o he's our resident master of trolling

(but what would we be without him ;o)
    Thegreatblackwarg of Arkenstone
    Confirmed Certified Successor and Son of Spilo, the Original TGBW

Pretty much what Fissure (Render/Presdas) said. He used to play here, just like I did. DD is full of corpse jumpers, trolls, exploiters and farmers. If you look deep enough (2nd page I think) in these forums you can even see the freeps have a whole kin devoted to farming and bad behavior. And they brag about it.

We just had the biggest farmer on Elendilmir transfer here, good riddance. Some high ranked warden, name starts with a T or something. So not only do you have farmers here, you have other farmers from other servers transferring here.

If you truly want a fun PvP experience, I would suggest Riddermark or Elendilmir (I have creeps on both, R6 and higher). There is plenty of action, and pretty constant. Elendilmir creeps are a lot more organized than Riddermark ones however.
    [CENTER]Gourdies-R9 Defiler - Zaknafeinz-R9 Defiler & Roudy-R11 Warg, Dwarrowdelf
    [/CENTER]

Also, if you're looking to get away from farmers, we have 3-4 here :/
    Meh, I wouldn't make a big deal outta the farmers anymore. They've definitely died down a bit (at least from what I've seen).

Just so happends that, 2 of them are wardens.
    I know one of which you're talking about, but not sure which the other is.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

The new transfer in Jonp. Known farmer from E and he is farming here as well.

I never hurt no Creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by StileMajere View Post
    Pretty much what Fissure (Render/Presdas) said. He used to play here, just like I did. DD is full of corpse jumpers, trolls, exploiters and farmers. If you look deep enough (2nd page I think) in these forums you can even see the freeps have a whole kin devoted to farming and bad behavior. And they brag about it.

We just had the biggest farmer on Elendilmir transfer here, good riddance. Some high ranked warden, name starts with a T or something. So not only do you have farmers here, you have other farmers from other servers transferring here.

If you truly want a fun PvP experience, I would suggest Riddermark or Elendilmir (I have creeps on both, R6 and higher). There is plenty of action, and pretty constant. Elendilmir creeps are a lot more organized than Riddermark ones however.
    Please go troll-patrol other peoples forums.. Pvp has drastically improved over the last few weeks.. the ONLY active farmer out there right now is Tyn (total nub).. lots of friendly people who dont condone farming and shut those farmers down. GLFF is no longer berated by their nonsense.

Pvp here is quite fun, grouping with friends and running out there. Tyn, just like the other farmers, will get bored and leave.

every server has troll/exploiters/farmers/corpse jumpers... even E and ridder. I have also played on both. most of it is just friends CJing eachother or whatever. all in good fun. Roudy just always took the game waaaaay to seriously.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000039335/signature.png]Atador[/charsig]

Proud member of Ainur, Best kin on Dwarro always.