We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Freepside f2p?

Freepside f2p?

i think its unfair that creeps are f2p and freeps are for subscribers only. theres 1000x more f2p players than subscribers and the current problem in the moors is outnumbering. the current issue is that people dont want to pay money ONLY for pvp

if freeps were f2p/premium, the ''creep zerg'' wouldnt be such a big problem

Creeps aren't really f2p. Wherever did you get that idea? Also freeps aren't paying just for PVP. They also get 500 tp a month, and other (less important) benefits.
    Last edited by Theodoriph; Jan 12 2013 at 06:01 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000006cbd4/signature.png]Nomere[/charsig]

Only the most basic creeps are f2p and that is like bare bones to the extreme. F2p creeps can't be fun at all so you might want to look into it before you make a thread like this.
    What is it? What do you smell?

Think before you type.

Quote Originally Posted by Stifmeister View Post
    i think its unfair that creeps are f2p and freeps are for subscribers only. theres 1000x more f2p players than subscribers and the current problem in the moors is outnumbering. the current issue is that people dont want to pay money ONLY for pvp

if freeps were f2p/premium, the ''creep zerg'' wouldnt be such a big problem
    Personally, I think it would be awesome if F2P Freeps came into the Moors with the same level of "equipment/power/capability" that a F2P Reaver has when they first get out there. That would be just SO awesome. It would be a day to tell the cubs about, and the grand cubs, and the grand grand cubs.
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

Quote Originally Posted by SozuRogberry View Post
    Only the most basic creeps are f2p and that is like bare bones to the extreme. F2p creeps can't be fun at all so you might want to look into it before you make a thread like this.
    i do like my reaver thanks. but yes this guys has not thought at all.

Lag is so bad already RvR, I think keeping f2p out is one way that Turbine justifies not having to do server upgrades.

Half of you haven't a clue what you're talking about. The topic poster is actually correct. Let me explain why with an example:

A friend of mine, Ben, starts his account as VIP and makes two Creeps. He says he only wants two so that he can have a Main and an Alt Creep. So he starts a WarLeader and a Reaver. He logs into the characters so that all trait slots will be unlocked by the time his VIP runs out. Soon his VIP runs out and he cannot play his Freeps anymore. So now he logs to his Creeps who have everything they need except rank and things you buy with Commendations or quest for. Now he can play these toons from Rank 0-15 for absolutely free without ever paying a cent AGAIN. That is what F2P means. Continuing to play them for free without a sub.

Also on the subject of expenses, Freeps are much more expensive to maintain. When I was playing Creepside full time I never have to pay for expansions, EVER. I got all my maps from questing. I got sigils from chests to get some high level skills earlier, but mosly I earned my skills through rank the regular way. Over a period of 1 year all I had payed for was 1 month of VIP. With my Freep I am paying for VIP every month + Expansions.

Don't believe there are many players like this? Join CreepSpeak on our server. We have MANY!

Haven't been keeping up with dozens of forum topics? Many players refuse to pay a subscription for the PVP. Look around. Our server alone has lost 20% of its Freeps due to this issue. GLFF is where they confess it. Basically their sub ran out and they're either broke or can't buy VIP every single month, so they are F2P for the time being (or what some call Premium) which is still technically F2P since F2P means to continue to pay without the requirement of a sub. Whether or not you payed something in the past.

One the server I'm one, Freeps would gain a lot of numbers if Freepside was also F2P. They could make a one time TP payment for unlocking a toon to play forever free in there or no TP payment for VIpers like they do with Creepside. If they gave Freepside maps too they'd also be able to charge TP for those and make up money lost making it F2P because they sure as heck would lose some.

If your strategy is right Creepside is cheap and FREE to continue playing, and makes up numbers for itself. Welcome to the zerg.

And yes I'm only paying money for VIP to PVP. I hate PvE in this game. Very few of it is good.
    Last edited by Graycient; Jan 13 2013 at 02:27 PM.

If PvMP were to go F2P on freepside, there would have to be some other incentive to stay VIP. Otherwise, 500tp a month just isn't worth it. At least it isn't IMO, and I am VIP.
    Last edited by Felajarko; Jan 13 2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: my amazing spelling ability

Free to play is being used wrongly here....
    Free to play is being used for "Non-VIP" players, while we're talking about premium players, instead of F2P

A F2P as in, i never spent a dime on this game player will not have fun on Creepside PVMp
    A Premium creepside player, aka having everything unlocked due to having been VIP in the past, or buying it with TP will have the same amount of fun as a VIP Creep.

I agree freepside needs to be accesable by NON-VIP players.
    The thing though is that creepside Being accesable to everyone meant that said players in order to enjoy PVMP on creepside needed to pay something in the end or farm TP

I don't see freepside becomming a non-vip allowed area due to not seeing a way in which turbine can get money out of it.
    Unless there is a way to make freeps pay just like premium creeps would.

Ex
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000241100/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Freepside VIP = Money. Free Freepside = No money.

Money comes before needs of people.
    [center][IMG]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdoual520eb.png[/IMG]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Renbash-1 ~ Hadrochnyce ~ Lotharius-1 ~ Sabaktes-1[/FONT]
    [color=#FC0303] ~ Riddermark and Brandywine ~[/color]
    [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uSwToWqYOs/]This probably applies to you.[/url] [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Light12 View Post
    i do like my reaver thanks. but yes this guys has not thought at all.
    I could have went into more detail.

What I meant was if you just download the game level to ten and go right into a reaver, never being vip or even premium you have nothing unlocked at all. Grinding tp for traits will seemingly take forever with no quest packs, gold cap won't allow you to buy more than a good nights fighting worth of pots from the store and you'll be first target with the greeny skin every time.

These are usually people who don't come back to pvmp as they do not have a positive experience so it doesn't matter anyway and they do nothing to tip the scales in the monster players favor. If they do stay they have less morale and or traits and are sub par due to lack of corruptions and class/racial traits.

If they are old time vip players who cancelled sub and bought their monsters with tp, good for them. This last expansion cost me 70 bones and it sucked to be honest..
    What is it? What do you smell?

I'd love to be able to buy a freep slot to be able to use that freep to pvp with. It's been talked about they would implement something where you could buy one or all of ur freeps to be able to pvp with for free after that. I'd prob come back to that game to buy my freep for pvp anyway, so I could go on both sides whenever I felt like it to help out the imbalanced side where I'd have more fun. Knowing turbine tho, these things wouldnt come to fruition anytime soon.
    Guess who ? Founder and co-creator: http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Yes please,so our Server can have Freeps and creeps clubbing more!
    Withywindle Clubbers Paradise,now open to Creeps too!!!

Hmmmmm..............wow join date Jan 2013 and already complaining that Freepside should be free? Seriously, think of what turbine has to do and sacrifice in order to do it.
    Well never happen:

1. Turbine well loose revenues.
    2. Good chance of Freep zerg over Creep Zerg.
    3. OMG the lag well be terrible and worldwide server crashes well become ever so common that players well rage.
    4. We only have one map atm and it is not capable of holding the server's entire pop or just anywhere above 1000+players in one spot
    5.Ranking well become far too fast.

Only ways it can go free?
    1. Turbine goes away from f2p and back to the old ways.
    2. Make it become some other type of subscription.
    3. Company is doing well enough to let it go...................never going to happen.
    4. Welling to go bankrupt.
    5. Last days of Lotro.

With only one map atm and Freepside being a paid customer, there is no reason why freepside should go free unless you want to just a but load of lags and server crashing.

Make creeps VIP, it will help with lag and the ever growing spy population, and clubbing.

Making PvP f2p was a mistake.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

Make all creep classes f2p.
    Kornakhas -Defiler, Korbashburz -Reaver, Kortdogestyle -Warg, Kornquickscopamlg - Black Arrow, Kornslurpyourblood - Weaver -Pyrrhic
    Kortahl-Captain, Korthillion-Rune-Keeper, Korthro-Lore Master, Korthallion-Minstrel, Kormornoroth-Champion - The Dark Legion

Or they could do the same system as creeps "unlock" skills you have as you rank or by "convenience" get them from the store.
    Of course the current R7-14's would get pissed out and prefer to stay in GV all day

Ex
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000241100/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]