We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    A hint? Oh sure! Umm, now where did I write down the answer to this? Looking, looking, uh-oh, didn’t write it down… Well I’m sure I can just solve my own anagram easily enough… Boy, this seems like a tough one… Well, what was I thinking about 2 weeks ago? Oh boy. I can’t remember what I was wearing yesterday, let alone what I was thinking about 2 weeks ago. And who made this anagram so hard!? Umm…

Wait! I got it! Took an hour but I got it. Whew, that was almost embarrassing. Good thing nobody knows how forgetful I am hehe.

Anagram: Drooling ring oil
    Hint: This is a character who can be found in The Fellowship of the Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    Anagram: Drooling ring oil
    Hint: This is a character who can be found in The Fellowship of the Ring.
    Ah, I think you made it quite easy now (or then I'm genius). Gildor Inglorion?

Right you are Halla!

Oh no, I missed the hint! Well done, sir.

Here is the next one:

Rat hero Gen got weed

I have been wracking my brain trying to come up with something, but I end up having to add a letter or have some left over. A hint perhaps Halla?

I have been wracking my brain trying to come up with something, but I end up having to add a letter or have some left over. A hint perhaps Halla?
    Hmm... I have actually been thinking of a hint taht I could give for a couple of days now and I'm afraid that this does it rather easy but: think of a place that changed.

Well Halla, I have done some more pondering, and even with the help of your cryptic clue (a lot of places have changed in the course of history LOL) and wandering through the Encyclopedia of Arda, I have nothing to show. Perhaps another clue to help us out?

Well Halla, I have done some more pondering, and even with the help of your cryptic clue (a lot of places have changed in the course of history LOL) and wandering through the Encyclopedia of Arda, I have nothing to show. Perhaps another clue to help us out?
    I think this is seriously just too easy and you are trying to find some really difficult answer Or then I have made mistake somewhere but at least checking it 5 times did not reveal any extra or missing letters to me.. Doesn't necessarily mean anything thou.

So. As stated before it's a place (or area, whichever you prefer) and it has changed. It has actually changed so much that during the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings it was known by a completely different name. This older name includes alliteration, which emphasizes the magnifience which this place possessed in those days.

Well, it certainly wasn't trivial but I probably made it seem a bit harder than it had to be. Your 2nd hint was definitely more helpful. I believe the answer is Greenwood the Great.

New anagram: Mine Owner Dual
    Last edited by Wilros; Apr 11 2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: formatting

Well, it certainly wasn't trivial but I probably made it seem a bit harder than it had to be. Your 2nd hint was definitely more helpful. I believe the answer is Greenwood the Great.

New anagram: Mine Owner Dual

i'll go straight, Arwen Undomiel ;P
    Sadly i suck with anagram,so be patient for next one xD
    Last edited by Daxid; Apr 11 2013 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxid View Post
    i'll go straight, Arwen Undomiel ;P
    Sadly i suck with anagram,so be patient for next one xD
    Nice work! I thought that one would last a day or 2 before getting cracked.

hey! didnt take too much =)

here for you my first LOTR anagram: Astaroth band grew

Quote Originally Posted by Daxid View Post
    hey! didnt take too much =)

here for you my first LOTR anagram: Astaroth band grew
    So far, I'm having trouble coming up with a guess that's even close to using up all the letters. Can you throw us a hint?

So far, I'm having trouble coming up with a guess that's even close to using up all the letters. Can you throw us a hint?
    wow! i thought was pretty easy XD
    well, as hint i suggest to look more at first word, the sound should help. The anagram refer to a character

Thanks for the hint. Sometimes it is just helpful to know whether to think about places, characters, objects, etc. Then the answer often becomes more apparent to me. In this case, Radagast The Brown.

For a new anagram, try: trumpet fishes cone naan

11 days and no guesses, so either its time for a clue or everyone is tired of anagrams. I’ll try the clue before letting it die.

Anagram: trumpet fishes cone naan
    Hint: it is an object (not a person or place).

The Sceptre of Annuminas?
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

Quote Originally Posted by Dweorg View Post
    The Sceptre of Annuminas?
    You are correct sir!

reaves to hack fill
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

forthea sackville xD it's only thing i was able to do with it.. till now nothing good with hill or similar =( little clue?

A hint: look up, it's a tool!

Note: the anagram is actually an English translation of the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dweorg View Post
    A hint: look up, it's a tool!

Note: the anagram is actually an English translation of the answer.
    Hmm, a cryptic sounding hint. I am still left in the dark with it... Maybe someone else can see the answer?

You can see the answer in the dark, so it is not necessarily a bad thing.

As I said: look up!

Ha, ha, I believe your hint has now helped me crack it: The Sickle of the Valar, or what we would colloquially refer to as The Big Dipper constellation.

I actually had pondered ‘of the Valar’, but couldn’t come up with something for CEIKLS. /facepalm.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast