We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    Seems quiet, time for a hint?

The anagram: Tool holding elf fan

1st hint: there are 4 words in the answer, and surprisingly, they are of nearly identical length to the words in the anagram.
    Somehow managed to miss your original anagram post, looked at this and saw the key word almost straight away (/cheer me ) - The Fall of Gondolin.

Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    Somehow managed to miss your original anagram post, looked at this and saw the key word almost straight away (/cheer me ) - The Fall of Gondolin.
    Nicely done!
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Nicely done!
    Ta I'll have a think overnight and post a new 'un tomorrow morning.

Here's the next one: Banal Duct Keg

LOL, you say you’ll think about it overnight and then post a new one 7 mins later. You must be quite the power napper!
    Answer: Buckland Gate.

Looks like this is a 2-person game currently. Oh well, I’m happy to continue.

New Anagram: foremother the dot
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Well I can make "the teeth of Mordor" out of that lot, haven't got the books to hand, is that the the towers guarding the pass into Mordor?

You've got it! The watchtowers were named Carchost and Narchost and were collectively referred to as the Teeth of Mordor.

Here's a new one: Bomb Littler

Here's a new one: Bomb Littler
    Bill, Tom, Bert
    Xandarien Elanessa, Híril of Pupils of the Istari on Evernight

Sindarin Lessons

Quote Originally Posted by Xandarien_PoTI View Post
    Bill, Tom, Bert
    Correct, in double-quick time too, must have been too easy

You're up Xandrien.

Alrighty...

Afloat tonics

Sindarin Lessons

Quote Originally Posted by Xandarien_PoTI View Post
    Alrighty...

Afloat tonics
    Having trouble with this one. A hint perhaps?

Alrighty, it's a creature, and a very large one. Does that help?

Sindarin Lessons

Your puzzle was very deep into the lore, so that was quite a helpful hint! Fastitocalon is the answer, a fabled sea monster.

OK next one:
    Friction proof anagram ad

Faramir captain of Gondor

Once I realised there were so many A's in there I immediately thought of Faramir for some reason

Faramir captain of Gondor

Once I realised there were so many A's in there I immediately thought of Faramir for some reason
    Well done. You seem to solve most of mine with ease! The floor is yours...

Well done. You seem to solve most of mine with ease! The floor is yours...
    He he, great minds and all that

Anyway here's one I prepared earlier, it makes me giggle every time: Found Girl Lump

- stride

Anyway here's one I prepared earlier, it makes me giggle every time: Found Girl Lump
    LOL, I don’t think girl’s like them to be called lumps, but a very funny anagram. Answer: Flourdumpling, the nickname of Will Whitfoot.

Next one: Thunder heads islet

Hmm, 2 weeks and no guesses. Dead thread? I'll try a hint before we call it dead:

Anagram: Thunder heads islet
    Hint: this is a character (ie not a place or thing)

Hmm, 2 weeks and no guesses. Dead thread? I'll try a hint before we call it dead:

Anagram: Thunder heads islet
    Hint: this is a character (ie not a place or thing)
    I'm stumped, I have made words like shade, silent, three, and possibly thranduil (but may have spelled the name wrong I never remember how it's spelled) but can't think of anything!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000002126b0/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Durin the Deathless?
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

You've got it Dweorg.

an eerie thermal rind
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

The answer would be Earendil the Mariner.

Next one: Drooling Ring Oil

Hm, can we get a hint on this one as well?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast