We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up Don't read, Ignore please.

Just exit out, nothing to see, sorry.
    Last edited by RocketBoy; Jan 12 2013 at 03:38 PM.

This forum is for the discussion of J.R.R. Tolkien and the lore of Middle-earth, not for in-character stories. I suggest that you instead post in the role-play forum or, as I do, to your LOTRO blog.
    Faërie is a perilous land, and in it are pitfalls for the unwary and dungeons for the overbold. – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘On Fairy-Stories’.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbadgerbrock View Post
    This forum is for the discussion of J.R.R. Tolkien and the lore of Middle-earth, not for in-character stories. I suggest that you instead post in the role-play forum or, as I do, to your LOTRO blog.
    I made my decision, it is better then general, isn't it?
    I have thought of a blog, but I don't do blogs.
    And if I post it in a Role Play Forum people might not find it.
    Well, I already have it in here and I kind of want to keep it here.
    Sorry! Can no one else reply about this?

I agree with Oldbadgerbrock completely, this is the JRR Tolkien discussion forum, not the LotRO fan fiction forum. Sorry Rocketboy, but as has been suggested, maybe the role playing forum is the best place for this type of material.

Why are you replying to this one?
    I accidentally made two of these, comment on the other one and please pay no attention to this one.
    Well, You probably are right. But my decision is made: 'I want to keep it here and there is nothing anyone can say to change it!'.

And, why the sorry?

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketBoy View Post
    I accidentally made two of these, comment on the other one and please pay no attention to this one.
    Well, You probably are right. But my decision is made: 'I want to keep it here and there is nothing anyone can say to change it!'.

And, why the sorry?
    Sorry is something people sometimes say as a preamble to saying something they fear might hurt your feelings. As Wolfhelm and oldbadgerbrock said this forum is not actually appropriate for this type of material. I've been rather surprised that there is not a fan fiction forum (for fixing your fallacies, farces and follies for folks to follow). Sorry, started alliterating and couldn't quite quit.
    Perhaps people aren't posting in response to your "story" because they do not want to be seen as encouraging you to continue posting that type of material in this forum.
    Perhaps, like me they simply have no interest in reading a "story" that is basically a condensed version of beginning a LM, or any other class, character in archet and leveling it in the Bree lands.
    You obviously like writing and practice can only hone your skills, but if you choose to post your work where it does not belong, and/or is not welcome and state (rather peevishly sounding) that you've made up your mind to keep posting here and nobody is going to change your mind, you need not be surprised when others do not respond.
    I do not purport to speak for others and have no desire to hurt your feelings or discourage you in your writing. Indeed I would encourage you to find a community of writers who can mentor you and provide constructive criticism of your work.
    Last edited by Duathrandir; Jan 13 2013 at 05:46 PM.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Quote Originally Posted by RocketBoy View Post

And, why the sorry?
    Why was I replying? I guess I was hoping to appeal to your better judgment, I guess I failed. Why the sorry, that's what us grownups say when we say something which may offend someone, but the offence is unintentional.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and a moderator will eventually move those posts to a more appropriate forum.

It didn't hurt my feelings, so I guess thank you for saying sorry.
    You guys are making me sound like a horrible person writing it here, and I know you aren't trying to make me feel bad, but I've wrote it in the wrong Forum space before, and someone said to write it in the J.R.R. Tolkien Fan-fiction page.
    I was convinced it was fine here, sorry.
    Hahahaha.

By the way; why are you all so serious about this? It sounded as if I did something horrible writing in the J.R.R. Tolkien Page and that I should be banned or something.
    haha, no offence taken.
    please no one reply to this any further, and I might take the already posted's advise.
    No, seriously, don't reply to this, read the other one that says: A Story of a Young Man and his Journeys as a Lore Master part 7Archet Under Siege2.

And I know you didn't mean to be so serious, just how it seemed to me at the moment.