We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Massive LAG on Freep raids..

I m creating this thread not to QQ but as a customer who has bought a bad product

I wonder if Turbine is willing to do anything for massive lag on large freep raids..

It's funny how a small freep group (12 and less) works better than a full 24 freep raid where all take place in slow motion (or no motion). Skills are bugged, rats are bugged, moovement like on matrix moovie etc..
    (all of these on very low graphics, without showing combat effects)

By the time that RoR's pvp is designed for RaidvRaid, Turbine should give at least one answer to all of these who pay for VIP every month..

I amar prestar aen.. ''the world has changed..''

hmmm, weird...
    my last freepraid (just 22 I must admit)
    went very smooth @ maxed out settings...

Then again, I don't go Moors that often,
    so maybe it was just my lucky day

I almost never give an absolute comment or answer to a topic;

but yes the lag is gamebreaking and just dire. No comments or feedback have been given and the question is are they going to fix this problem which is widespread enough to be a serious customer issue for them.

This issue is not specific to freeps >.<
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

Its very disheartening to hear a raid leader say..... 'There is no point with this amount of lag, going to disband guys...' Whole raid wiped and I manage to perform one bolster.

I hear people say, there is no point to submitting tickets, bug reports, however, without the paper trail, Turbine have no numbers to actually assess how many people this is affecting. The small amount of people that actually submit these forms, can be explained as, pc/internet problems. However, if the number of tickets/bug reports is huge, then Turbine can actually see, there is a wide problem. Don't forget, they don't read OOC or global, so no amount of complaining there, will solve anything and actually, just looks like 'crowd mentality'. They need statistics, that's how companies work. Your statistic can only get into the system if you file a ticket or bug report.

One thing I noticed last night. I can be away from the raid and if they get zerged I get lag. It seems the more someone gets focused the worse it gets.

RvR begins, 4fps, screaming and cursing from everyone on vent.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Need to distinguish between "bad computer lag" & "turbine lag". I play on a 10yr old laptop held together with duct tape, so I've done everything I can think of to reduce any lag due to my bad computer, here's some ways that might help people:

* set graphics low (except advanced graphics-draw distance ultra high).

* options -> UI settings -> special effects options, all unchecked

* options -> social options -> group effects, both "only show dispellable" and "only show cast by you" checked.

Note the last turns off most unnecessary buff icons on player bars *except* on your target. There is no cure for that lag that I know of. If my target is being focused fired and gets more than 4 rows of dots/buffs/whatever icons, it kills my machine and lags me out, so I simply hit F or otherwise select another target and that fixes it.

Note these "fixes" mean you won't see important things like warleader bubbles, if you're standing in tar, etc., and not awesome that I can't keep something targeted if too many icons, but hey beggars can't be choosers, it's my fault my computer sucks.

Now, turning to turbine lag -- yes it exists and no, it's not just freepside. Fact is if you get raid v. raid level, and especially when more than raid v. raid numbers in a single spot, we get skill lock, skill delay, and lag out & die. So this will keep numbers down and fights more spread out -- which is not totally horrible at all, but would be fun to have the option of an epic big numbers brawl. Yes, it would be great if Turbine could fix, but of course I'm still amazed at the voodoo that lets me & someone from Australia & England & all over the world all act instantly at the same time for the most part.
    Sniz(defiler) / Johanson(cappy)

Yes, lag exists on both sides and, imho, Turbine is to blame for the majority of it. When I am running LOTRO on my comp at 150+ fps on ultra and then drop to 7 fps in a fight and am unable to perform a skill, then it's not my comp (I know because changing graphic settings does nothing). Also, it is hilarious when the craid and fraid are fighting and the TAs are going "KILL MY TARGET!!" and no one can get a skill to go off XD.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000011a1c9/signature.png]Feelmybite[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Alotlost View Post
    Its very disheartening to hear a raid leader say..... 'There is no point with this amount of lag, going to disband guys...' Whole raid wiped and I manage to perform one bolster.
    I've heard that said literally at least 30 times since RoR. It's incredibly sad that's not an exaggeration.

I hear people say, there is no point to submitting tickets, bug reports, however, without the paper trail, Turbine have no numbers to actually assess how many people this is affecting. The small amount of people that actually submit these forms, can be explained as, pc/internet problems. However, if the number of tickets/bug reports is huge, then Turbine can actually see, there is a wide problem. Don't forget, they don't read OOC or global, so no amount of complaining there, will solve anything and actually, just looks like 'crowd mentality'. They need statistics, that's how companies work. Your statistic can only get into the system if you file a ticket or bug report.
    Submitting bug tickets and all that does not work. It's a BS way of turbine saying hey we acknowledge it but we won't do anything about it. They even had an official lag discussion thread where people posted the specific time of the incident, location, where you were, and all these stupid other bits of information to try and pinpoint the lag. Guess what happened next? They said they fixed the lag and closed the thread.

All we can do is wait for turbine to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Penionn View Post
    I've heard that said literally at least 30 times since RoR. It's incredibly sad that's not an exaggeration.

Submitting bug tickets and all that does not work. It's a BS way of turbine saying hey we acknowledge it but we won't do anything about it. They even had an official lag discussion thread where people posted the specific time of the incident, location, where you were, and all these stupid other bits of information to try and pinpoint the lag. Guess what happened next? They said they fixed the lag and closed the thread.

All we can do is wait for turbine to do nothing.
    yeah what the &&&& happened with that? i pretty much fell for that carrot on a stick
    Master Blaster, Up-and-Comer, Explorer of the Brown Lands

Quote Originally Posted by jivius View Post
    I m creating this thread not to QQ but as a customer who has bought a bad product

I wonder if Turbine is willing to do anything for massive lag on large freep raids..

It's funny how a small freep group (12 and less) works better than a full 24 freep raid where all take place in slow motion (or no motion). Skills are bugged, rats are bugged, moovement like on matrix moovie etc..
    (all of these on very low graphics, without showing combat effects)

By the time that RoR's pvp is designed for RaidvRaid, Turbine should give at least one answer to all of these who pay for VIP every month..
    We feel your pain.

It happens both sides in the Moors, unfortunately. It's not just a Freep or Creep issue. It's a game play issue that affects all of us. Sad thing is the worst "makes it unplayable" lag I see is with Mounted combat on a primarily Ranged character. The slingshotting it absolutely terrible: worse and more consistently bad than anything I see in the Moors either side.

It doesn't appear to be a raw bandwidth issue (there is a thread on altering some settings to give it a higher fixed cap, rather than letting it auto-adjust) and it doesn't appear to be a local client issue. I've seen 70 frames a second while standing still because of the lag.

It appears, more than anything, to be an infrastructure issue on Turbine's side - whether it's network congestion or servers that just can't handle the load, it's hard to saw.
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwiley View Post
    The lag is gamebreaking and just dire.

This issue is not specific to freeps >.<
    ^ This,i hope no one believes the other side doesnt have the same problems...

But,its all just our connections/pc`s or something..
    Even if people can run GW2 on max settings in mass events just fine... Idk what it is,but it would be nice to get a different response then : your isp/system is bad..

Nothing new here. When money talks, bs walks. Obviously Turbine's suits don't care about the issue, how else could one interpret their passivity and nonchalance, almost arrogance, when it comes to giving answers about the always-present lag topic.

AND NO, IT'S NOT MY COMPUTER'S FAULT.
    Vilya: Healadder (defiler, R10), Kommisar (stalker, R7).
    Snowbourn: Superserial (warleader, R8), Steelstack (reaver, R6).
    Brandywine: Manvet (champion, R10 - Retired); Stargash-1 (reaver, R12)

The lag is at times unbearable, players bug, we get bugged webs, blight the usual. Its on both sides but freeps more so.
    Turbine can we go back to daily server restarts? Or weekly? Can we have a dev answer?

I play on Snowy where we usually the ON buff with 2 creep raids + against 1 freep raid +.

This isnt standard lag, its skill lag mainly and its horrible.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

It's sad to see this kind of lag on both sides, that totally ruins the quality of large fights..

Nuke (which is freep's basic advantage) is hard to take place in these lagging conditions
    (even more harder against high morale pools+audacity)

I amar prestar aen.. ''the world has changed..''

The lag is so bad on Riddermark that many days I don't even want to or try to play. I get locked up, (usually in the middle of charging a group of freeps), can't move, and can't get a skill off. When the lag finaly clears up, my poor wargie is dead :'(.

This really needs to be fixed. I can't enjoy this game when I know that half of my deaths (or lack of kills) will be the result of not being able to: 1. Move, 2. Get a skill off.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

PVP should be removed altogether from lotro, it just slows the servers down. And its even worse with former euro servs
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000000c4dbe/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresha View Post
    PVP should be removed altogether from lotro, it just slows the servers down. And its even worse with former euro servs
    Huh, I was gonna say that PvE should be removed altogether from lotro, it just slows the servers down.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000011a1c9/signature.png]Feelmybite[/charsig]

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

Comments like this are very annoying. You're suggesting that Turbine remove the PvP servers therefore destroying the hard work I and many others have put into our moors characters, creeps and freeps alike.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

It's one of the issues that has led me from being a huge supporter of the game to cancelling my VIP sub. I'm not a fan of grouping up, but when doing so causes me huge lag and I can't even get a single skill off, it just makes the whole endeavor pointless.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Yes the lag and performance are major issues, when the players make noise about it, it will get fixed. Im talking about unrelenting noise, here, there other games dont stop and dont mince words. We know how turbine operates, we get little information, the lag has been ongoing for to long.

This is beyond freep and creep its throughout the entire game. "fix the lag" should be a unifying cry for those who have it. Going to have to make more noise then this, in more corners of the web the monster play forums arent going to get the ball rolling.

Ive had people in my guild for GW2 ask me how "lagtro" was doing, its out there and to light a fire under some butts its going to need to be repeated a lot. Speak up, speak often, be fair and be concise.

Turbine has done a lot of stupid stuff to pvp over the years and I have still been able to see through it all and enjoy the pvp. The lag that has come with Rohan though...truly is the killer though.

Why add all these new keep/outpost/camp improvements when most nights it is nearly impossible to fight in them? Why spend so much effort trying to 'balance' all classes for RvR when you can't even fight 24v24 anymore without a plethora of bugs and skill lag. I just don't understand.

The lag was always there, but was never consistent like it is now. I know when i get a full raid we are going to lag, I know when we go near any sort of structure or group of npcs we are going to lag. So what that leaves a few desolate spots on the map that are 'lag free'...that's not pvp. So RvR is nearly pointless that's fine I will just solo or small group. Well with the way they balanced things with Rohan those are near impossible too, even without lag. The changes they made were for RvR and killed most aspects of solo and small groups.

This has all been said a thousand times I'm sure, but really turbine if you want this pvp to grow or succeed you need to fix this. I don't want a new map, or new moors gear or class balance...just fix this lag and pvp would be a ton better than it is now. In my 4 years of pvp I have never hated the moors as much as I do now, and to think something as stupid as lag to kill it. Pretty sad
    Arrik

Been getting the lag volcano nearly every night in pvp lately. (icon you get telling you your draw distance is being reduced to help server lag)

Ok so it's probably a bridge but i'm still going to call it a volcano, because it only looks like a bridge when you squint.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Armitas and Nacho are playing on larger servers. I play one of my creeps on a small server and we get lag there as well. Freepside I play mostly on riddermark and its the same you get near a keep with a RvR and its slow... Creepside isnt much better on the small server, the induction skills are a pain.

Ive got a good rig was able to run LOTRO on high settings for a long time, all my drivers are updated etc. Its a shame given the investment turbine made into the moors this season that this issue is dominates the discussion.

Belegaer lags every night

Quote Originally Posted by nachoooooooooooo View Post
    Turbine has done a lot of stupid stuff to pvp over the years and I have still been able to see through it all and enjoy the pvp. The lag that has come with Rohan though...truly is the killer though.

Why add all these new keep/outpost/camp improvements when most nights it is nearly impossible to fight in them? Why spend so much effort trying to 'balance' all classes for RvR when you can't even fight 24v24 anymore without a plethora of bugs and skill lag. I just don't understand.

The lag was always there, but was never consistent like it is now. [...]
    Exactly.

I like the new balancing and all other things. More PvE players tend to show up in the Ettenmoors, but their experience is horrible. Just one example: Yesterday, during a massive zerg I tried to call my horse. The progress bar said "Done" (or whatever it says in English - I'm using a German version.), but nothing happened. Creeps coming nearer? I call a second time, progress bar says "Done"- nothing happens. Then, after 2 or 3 more seconds, the horse shows up - but now the creeps are upon me and I'm dead.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast