We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Barad Guldur T2 Sunday 1/13

I'll be running a Level 85 T2 Barad Guldur full run Sunday 13th starting around 9:00 - 9:30 PM EST. If interested in joining send Goatimli a message in game or post on this thread with your class.

After leading numerous Durchest zergs T1, I've wanted to try something truly challenging raid-wise despite not being a member of a raiding kinship. It is nearly impossible to PUG a T2 raid without some sort of planned group, which I hope to at least partially achieve with this post.

To be honest, I have not run T2 BG before though have led ToO T1 raids to success by reading guides. I also did run the full original BG long ago. If anyone feels they have a good knowledge of this raid, I would be more than willing to pass leadership. I simply want to get together a decent T2 group in advance so I'm not hopelessly floundering in GLFF all night. If I do not get enough players by Sunday, I'll supplement the rest by advertising in GLFF.

The only requirements are as follows:

- 5-piece Hytbold or comparable armour

- Two 85 Legendary Weapons with at least one 2nd Age.

- A good knowledge of your class in a group setting

Everyone who meets these requirements and wants the challenge is welcome. You don't need to be a seasoned T2 raider to join.

So far, I have a healing RK, debuffing LM, Cappy, and DPS RK. I need 10 people to fit the following roles:

2 Tanks
    1 Captains
    1 Healer
    4 DPS

Hope to see you there!
    Last edited by Goatimli; Jan 12 2013 at 08:54 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000140cb7/signature.png]Goatimli[/charsig]

This must be a troll thread.

You're requirements are ridiculous.

That is all
    Willdin (Burg) Lvl 85, Ashaburn (Guard) Lvl 85, Bendderr (Champion) Lvl 85, Adanarr (Captain) Lvl 85

Quote Originally Posted by cmash View Post

That is all
    Seriously? He's being generous. Plenty of people who are even half interested in endgame have Hytbold gear (super easy to get) and with Durchest farming ad nauseum, I would expect 2nd agers to be pretty common. I have all of these requirements and certainly don't think they were too hard to achieve.

Unlike other raiders I've seen, he hasn't asked for capped virtues, uber gear (i.e. "everyone needs Draig cloaks, two maxed out LI's with 3 crystals, and best jewelry"), or even experience with the raid.

I'd wager that 80%+ of the PUG members I often find myself with would be welcome. Such inclusivity beyond reasonable requirements is quite nice actually. It is certainly better than the vitriol you bring needlessly to the forums. In any case, we need some stun immunity in here because I think we've found out who the real troll is (I'm one too to be honest).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000171025/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

cmash, by no means is this a troll thread and by no means are the requirements ridiculous. This is the very reason why I chose to start a thread on the forums: to avoid recruiting under-geared players in a PUG. You must remember that Barad Guldur T2 is the hardest on-level content currently in the game. You can't run the hardest content with someone who has quest gear, 60 or 75 weapons, or little group experience.

As for the requirements being ridiculous: Hytbold is the easiest armour set to achieve, and with the sheer quantity of Durchest farming, it is quite easy to win a Tarnished Symbol to get your 85 second age.

Regardless, I still intend on running this Sunday and if anyone wants to join, let me know.

I look forward to running BG T2 with my fellow Nimrodel adventurers!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000140cb7/signature.png]Goatimli[/charsig]

That is all
    Lol the requirements aren't ridiculous Ash. When I led H&G kin raids into original BG long ago, we had much stricter requirements in order to succeed. BG is quite a joke now,compared to what it was back then. Moreover, the capabilities of various pve builds due to uncapped stats and blah blah, makes the instance even easier than it is.
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

Hardest on level content currently in the game? LoL. That's why so many people are currently farming it right?

Maybe you should rethink that statement and try looking at ToO T2 still, i still don't see that place on full farm. Good try.
    Willdin (Burg) Lvl 85, Ashaburn (Guard) Lvl 85, Bendderr (Champion) Lvl 85, Adanarr (Captain) Lvl 85

Hardest on level content currently in the game? LoL. That's why so many people are currently farming it right?

Maybe you should rethink that statement and try looking at ToO T2 still, i still don't see that place on full farm. Good try.
    Of course! ToO is definitely on-level. The current level cap is 85 - ToO is level 75. Granted, I'm not implying that ToO is easier, it's simply not the hardest content on-level (meaning 85 not 75). Plus, it’s hard to farm ToO with weekly locks. Besides, why grind 75 content? The only thing still relevant is the cloak clasp. Maybe one of the Helegrods T2 is more difficult but I'd have an even harder time recruiting for one of those. To be honest, none of these instances are hard with a good group. Both Saruman T1 and BG T2 (85) have been 6-manned on-level. It just depends on the players and how they jive.

I'm not rethinking my statement and I'm sticking to it: BG T2 is the current hardest on-level content. This thread proved completely fruitless in recruiting people so I invited whoever wanted to come from GLFF. My run got the first 5 adds down and wiped on the 6th when Durchest ran into the group. The tanks were great so don't be lambasting their "noobiness." People had to drop for real life and no one wanted to run the gauntlet again so I ran a SG T2 instead. Someday, my BG T2 PUGs will see the demise of the Lieutenant.
    Last edited by Goatimli; Jan 14 2013 at 11:08 PM. Reason: error on my part

Saruman t2c and Fire/Frost t2c harder then BG t2c for sure, no more.
    Both Saruman T2 and BG T2 (85) have been 6-manned on-level!? (c), if i corect translate you rly think this? OMYGOSH.
    Ukitake! Off peak! [url]http://offpeak.webs.com/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Santoriu View Post
    Both Saruman T2 and BG T2 (85) have been 6-manned on-level!? (c), if i corect translate you rly think this? OMYGOSH.
    You did translate correctly, however, let me edit that. Saruman T1 has been 6-maned on level. I haven't found T2 6-man information. I was overconfident in my memory and I apologize for jumping the gun. Refer to link: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...lenge-yourself

Again, I'm not doubting that right now, Saruman T2 is still more difficult than BG T2. I'm just saying that the most difficult level 85 raid is BG T2. I also must admit that when the only T2 level 85 raid we have is laughed at for its ease, then LoTRO is in pretty bad shape.

Was not Saurman, was Lighting the easiest wing of them all on t2cm, and shadow the second easiest wing t2cm..Yes I agreed with Ash on this one, your requirements are silly specially for BG t2cm. I also understand for them since you would want to pass it but as a raid leader you work with what you can get in a pug. Hehe see Sethco for that one ;0
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

Quote Originally Posted by Santoriu View Post
    YES! We are raiders from Nimrodel! The best in the world

T3 Icy Crevasse Skraid is the hardest on-level content in the game, by a long shot.

Also:
    - A good knowledge of your class in a group setting
    easily the most ridiculous portion of your requirements.
    Last edited by spelunker; Jan 15 2013 at 01:44 PM.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Ceremony, the reason I desired the aforementioned requirements is because I am recruiting on the forums and have more wiggle-room to demand well geared players. I was trying to shrink the possibility of getting someone who only solos or who still has their orange level 59 legendaries (which I've seen quite a few 85s still with them equipped). Last Sunday when I ran it, I recruited everyone from GLFF who wanted to join and had literally no requirements. Since various people have to drop, the group was ever changing. Our best shot at Durchest was done with only one captain. I have no complaints with under-geared players and I have never once denied someone who wanted to join a raid based on gear or traits. On the forums, however, I might as well try.

spelunker, I never thought about Skraids when I made my claim. Currently I do not own Icy Crevasse but when I was VIP, I do recall it was very challenging so I definitely believe that the T3 Skraid version is the most difficult. I agree, my third requirement was quite ridiculous seeing how so few people can meet it. Again, since I'm on the forums I am much more stringent than in-game. The purpose of this requirement was to weed out those who solo-ed to 85 and have little knowledge of group play.