We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Guard/Rk/Cpt LF Abyss t2 raiding group

Hellos,

I'm looking for raiding groups taking on Abyss T2 or T2c between 6PM and 12 PM PST ( GMT-8 ). I've been playing lotor since MoM, and am familiar with game mechanics, but I'm not a good fit for the elite raiders. My toons ( Guard/Cpt/RK ) are all sporting 330 lvl gear/jewelry and mit maxed. You can reach me ingame on Swfen or Khuth

Cheers,

Futah

What makes you “not a good fit” by “elite” raiders?

Guard and Capt tanks mainly need capped mitigations plus a decent morale pool and are primarily judged on how well they know their class, stay on their feet, hold agro and use cool downs. A capt in red line is even easier to get a raid spot on by simply staying on your feet and ensuring all your buffs have the maximum uptime.

When it comes to RK or any dps for that matter, the raid leader is likely to give priority to those that are speced higher (latest relics, set bonuses etc) especially on boss 2, but for 1&3 you can be more lenient as you have more dps slots available. If your RK is a little under geared compared to others wanting in on the raid you can still do something about that, even if it means getting the deed on your Guard/Capt first and then gearing up your RK further (the raid stuff at Ruins of Dingarth is account bound).

The easiest way to get some raid action is to join a raiding kin, but if for whatever reason this isn't possible and you are still struggling to get into runs, there is absolutely nothing to prevent you from starting your own runs (something I wish a lot more players would do):

• Discord is free for voice comms
    • Plenty of youtube videos and experienced gamers around for strategy and tips
    • Lots of demand - Having run my fair share of pickup groups I normally get inundated by tells every time I form

Furthermore, and this goes out to all players wanting to raid:

• Be willing to take advice and put some time and effort into your characters to make sure they are truly raid worthy.
    • If you are a tank rocking 120k morale and mobs can hit for 130k, a buffing class that doesn’t keep up buffs or a dps class that refuses to take pointers to sharpen dps / run combat analysis then that’s on you tbh...
    • It’s easier to write someone off as an “elitist” rather than look at yourself and think “ok what can I do in order to maximise my chances to get some raid action?”.

I’m in an earlier time zone than yourself (UK) and have helped a lot of players on Arkenstone (with a ride range of gear) and dare I say it skill set get their deeds done/farm gear. In general I’ve never had a problem with those that know their classes, are polite and are willing to adapt to get some raid action Vs those who come across as entitled, are unwilling to listen to any advice and quite frankly just wanna be carried.

Plenty of raid action on Arkenstone, both in and out of kins.
    Good Luck / Happy Hunting.
    Last edited by Knight.Arkenstone; Feb 18 2018 at 12:21 AM.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

I appreciate the info Knight.

When I said "elite" I was referring to gear expectations, like having swap pieces for dropping crit defense or physical mitigation or legendary swaps for specific legacies or having your class consumables. These are examples of expectations some raid groups have and others don't. I shouldn't have used the word "elite", it's used to often in a negative way. I certainly was not using elite as a way to disparage serious and highly skilled players, or players that point out potential improvements in play.
    I always like to hear what can make me a better player.

Much agreed that red cpt is a relatively easy class to play in raids, and also it does not have as high gear requirements as other roles. In fact, pretty sure you lead my only beat of abyss boss 3 t2 on my red cpt. A fun fight. Except for the coins.

Agreed, more raid leaders wouldn't hurt. The only leader regularly pugging out t2 Abyss that I know of is Styro. I have been fortunate enough to join some of his raids and intend to start leading abyss once I learn the fights well enough.

The account bound on the abyss gear is big. Looking forward to taking advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    What makes you “not a good fit” by “elite” raiders?

Guard and Capt tanks mainly need capped mitigations plus a decent morale pool and are primarily judged on how well they know their class, stay on their feet, hold agro and use cool downs. A capt in red line is even easier to get a raid spot on by simply staying on your feet and ensuring all your buffs have the maximum uptime.

When it comes to RK or any dps for that matter, the raid leader is likely to give priority to those that are speced higher (latest relics, set bonuses etc) especially on boss 2, but for 1&3 you can be more lenient as you have more dps slots available. If your RK is a little under geared compared to others wanting in on the raid you can still do something about that, even if it means getting the deed on your Guard/Capt first and then gearing up your RK further (the raid stuff at Ruins of Dingarth is account bound).

The easiest way to get some raid action is to join a raiding kin, but if for whatever reason this isn't possible and you are still struggling to get into runs, there is absolutely nothing to prevent you from starting your own runs (something I wish a lot more players would do):

• Discord is free for voice comms
    • Plenty of youtube videos and experienced gamers around for strategy and tips
    • Lots of demand - Having run my fair share of pickup groups I normally get inundated by tells every time I form

Furthermore, and this goes out to all players wanting to raid:

• Be willing to take advice and put some time and effort into your characters to make sure they are truly raid worthy.
    • If you are a tank rocking 120k morale and mobs can hit for 130k, a buffing class that doesn’t keep up buffs or a dps class that refuses to take pointers to sharpen dps / run combat analysis then that’s on you tbh...
    • It’s easier to write someone off as an “elitist” rather than look at yourself and think “ok what can I do in order to maximise my chances to get some raid action?”.

I’m in an earlier time zone than yourself (UK) and have helped a lot of players on Arkenstone (with a ride range of gear) and dare I say it skill set get their deeds done/farm gear. In general I’ve never had a problem with those that know their classes, are polite and are willing to adapt to get some raid action Vs those who come across as entitled, are unwilling to listen to any advice and quite frankly just wanna be carried.

Plenty of raid action on Arkenstone, both in and out of kins.
    Good Luck / Happy Hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by flirtswithmediocrity View Post
    I appreciate the info Knight.
    You’re most welcome and thank for taking it the right/positive way.
    There are some nights where I find myself gaming later than usual so I’m sure we’ll get some more runs in together.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns