We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Should my wife and I join Arkenstone Server?

We are old Brandywine players and heard that Arkenstone is doing well with some new players. I hated playing and not seeing anyone but my wife and I playing.. is there decent low level players and other players at most zones? Just trying to decide if I should stay on Brandy or come start fresh? Honest thoughts?

Our entire kin moved to Arkenstone from Meneldor and we find the server to be a great mixture of players of all levels and skillsets. As with any of the remaining servers you will find the odd trolls on World Chat, but they can easily be ignored or WC turned off.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

Trolls, trolls, trolls...

Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    Our entire kin moved to Arkenstone from Meneldor and we find the server to be a great mixture of players of all levels and skillsets. As with any of the remaining servers you will find the odd trolls on World Chat, but they can easily be ignored or WC turned off.
    Like, really? You have to bring up trolls in this thread? I've been called a troll (mostly by the biggest trolls themselves), but I might be playing on Arkenstone as well, so you're disregarding the thread's question if there's life on a server and you reply by turning off World Chat and don't bother with the server?
    Maybe next time leave the cheerleading to someone who can actually cheerlead for your server?

Kind regards and good luck, whatever the choice is @ THread Starter.

You'd be better off on crickhollow.

Quote Originally Posted by bush1984 View Post
    We are old Brandywine players and heard that Arkenstone is doing well with some new players. I hated playing and not seeing anyone but my wife and I playing.. is there decent low level players and other players at most zones? Just trying to decide if I should stay on Brandy or come start fresh? Honest thoughts?
    I also moved to Arkenstone during the transfers - I like it quite a lot. Not sure how it compares to the other servers, but it's not dead/bad from where I stand.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

It was a hard decision being born on BW to move, but honestly moving to Ark was one of the best decisions ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipo View Post
    Like, really? You have to bring up trolls in this thread? I've been called a troll (mostly by the biggest trolls themselves), but I might be playing on Arkenstone as well, so you're disregarding the thread's question if there's life on a server and you reply by turning off World Chat and don't bother with the server?
    Maybe next time leave the cheerleading to someone who can actually cheerlead for your server?

Kind regards and good luck, whatever the choice is @ THread Starter.
    Three of four posts were a constructive ones so the odds of a decent community are good. I like Arkenstone too but have to turn off world chat for all the nonsense. There are other channels that make up for it.

Ark is a great server. A lovely mix of time zones and players of all levels. I recommend it.

Crick or landy

For PVE this server is fine for pvp I'd find a less populated server with hopefully less zerg mentality

I transferred my characters from Imladris to Arkenstone : I regret my choice.

Dismissed from last raid with my Hunter for having 'low dps',
    dismissed from DoS with my Champ because I did not know the path to avoid all mobs,
    dismissed with my Champ on first crash in SS, etc...

This never happened on Imladris, for several years.
    The game is dying but the community is already dead, at least on this server
    Last edited by Castorix; Jul 20 2016 at 08:58 AM.

Unless you're interested only in end game raiding and solo'ing, don't

I came here from another server. When I checked it out, world chat was nice.

Unfortunately, the server merger saw chat taken over by children and trolls.

Meanwhile, on my main account I've tried a couple of kins. They're either too small to do anything or only interested in end-game raiding. I like landscape and instance deeding from Moria onward, with toons ranging from 60-105. I have no yet found a kin that takes a broad based, active approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Froyo_K_Baggins View Post
    I came here from another server. When I checked it out, world chat was nice.

Unfortunately, the server merger saw chat taken over by children and trolls.

Meanwhile, on my main account I've tried a couple of kins. They're either too small to do anything or only interested in end-game raiding. I like landscape and instance deeding from Moria onward, with toons ranging from 60-105. I have no yet found a kin that takes a broad based, active approach.
    While this is one persons opinion, I can tell you having been on Arkenstone for a few years now it is, without question the pinnacle of the lotro experience.

Particularly PvP, it just takes time you'll find your niche. Make sure you tell as many people as you can, "come to arkenstone"

See you in game soon !

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    For PVE this server is fine for pvp I'd find a less populated server with hopefully less zerg mentality
    You know that option doesn't exist, right?
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    You know that option doesn't exist, right?
    It's in your UI right between the option to disable lag and ctds. Enable fantasy server.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    While this is one persons opinion, I can tell you having been on Arkenstone for a few years now it is, without question the pinnacle of the lotro experience.

Particularly PvP, it just takes time you'll find your niche. Make sure you tell as many people as you can, "come to arkenstone"

See you in game soon !
    Note that Thorgrum, on another thread, is one of the people complaining that T1 folks get end game drops. He's one of the people who is not just only about end game, but about T2 Challenge mode. The rest of we peons don't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Froyo_K_Baggins View Post
    Note that Thorgrum, on another thread, is one of the people complaining that T1 folks get end game drops. He's one of the people who is not just only about end game, but about T2 Challenge mode. The rest of we peons don't really matter.
    ^ yes 100% this. Anyone who knows me in game knows I complain about T1 end game drops and only partake in T2 Challenge mode.

This is the kind of wit and sharp intellectual banter you can look forward to on the arkenstone server. Clearly this person demonstrated beyond a doubt THEY ARE NOT peons.

There are too many people on Arkenstone already. I miss my old, dead server.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

Arkenstone was the first server I played on and it still is ( 7 years off and on ).
    It's as a mix bag of salty Crams and floofy Honey cakes.

For a while there it was dead. but the population has picked up.
    I just started playing again and feels good to be back.

Another bad experience with another bad and immature person (Leks....), who did not even wait me in SS T2C while I was Alting, so I got no loot.
    And this kid wanted to learn me how to use my Champ, criticizing constantly my playstyle and my LIs and telling me absurdities such that "Blade Wall" generated "a lot more DPS" than "Raging Blade" and "Fury of Blades".
    Last edited by Castorix; Jul 28 2016 at 02:30 PM.