We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennicide View Post
    This. I was in Durchest last night healing, and a DPS Rk kept pulling agro. Literally 5 seconds after the tank got it back on one occasion, the RK hit EC.

The point being that if all your agro skills are on CD and you pull agro again, you are just not playing well.
    If you had read what I posted a bit higher, then you should know that this is a rare case (more rarer if it wasn't from the buff sources that I pointed out on the post)

Pulling aggro during a fight is not only hunters guilt. Tanks often have their guilt . These days, I noticed that during Durchest fight. Sometimes get aggro, othertimes don't get aggro although I use same manner of dps.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e000000001070/signature.png]Darkarise[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post

Staying Alive

+50% Evade
    +25% Additional evade against ranged damage

Duration: 30 seconds
    Cooldown: 5 minutes

I'd love to have this skill. Imho it'd solve the survivability problems of the hunter in one fell swoop. And I'm not even suggest that "Staying Alive" (or whatever it'd be called) fit into our current skill selection at or below level 85.

Maybe make it a new legendary skill for when we hit level 90 in the next expansion?
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

Quote Originally Posted by mr_toad View Post
    I'd love to have this skill. Imho it'd solve the survivability problems of the hunter in one fell swoop. And I'm not even suggest that "Staying Alive" (or whatever it'd be called) fit into our current skill selection at or below level 85.

Maybe make it a new legendary skill for when we hit level 90 in the next expansion?
    O.O
    What for the other classes then?

Quote Originally Posted by falaswen View Post
    Again, its not like I'm meant to kill everything.
    Why not?

I'm guessing hunter survivability doesn't phase you because you rarely solo, and are accustomed to losing 1v1 in prior updates because of average play. Even if you don't solo you should be able to see that majority of your survivability out there when getting focus-fired comes from healers. CoTH isn't that good a skill, especially if you get slowed after popping it.

Hopefully you can take that into consideration before you don't sign a possible upgrade for hunters that do solo and are losing to creeps that go all out CD wise, and are unable to do much anything about it. Because if it came down to an all-out fight, every creep class has the average hunter outgunned.
    Last edited by Priestetute; Jan 24 2013 at 10:20 AM.
    Massterchief
    Arbitter
    Starfoxx

Hunters are fine aggro-wise. If you pull then it's probably the tank's fault. I play both hunter and guard and I can hold against champs, burgs, and hunters doing 3k+ DPS, right from the start. If your tank can't do that, then he needs to rethink his aggro rotation.

Hunters do need more survivability, but maybe in the area of mits, not skills. More mits without losing DPS and we'd be good.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by lioheart View Post
    O.O
    What for the other classes then?
    That's what the other class forums are for
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

Quote Originally Posted by Kajil View Post
    Hunters do need more survivability, but maybe in the area of mits, not skills. More mits without losing DPS and we'd be good.
    Hmmmmmm.............Bout return the med armo mit gap between heavy to med that was taken out from U6? which was i think a lost of 10% mit on med armor.

Ive come to the conclusion that they have simply broken the class. Give us more damage, we'd be too OP in PvE. I suppose they could give us a decent CD skill, but I don't see them doing it, as they have progressively taken ours away and given us joke CDs to taunt us.

The sad thing is, when they broke champions, they made them incredibly OP in the fix. They gave us cry of the hunter.
    [center]Dum spiro, spero - Cicero
    Alexandrov, R9
    Stanimir, R7
    Kollontai, noob
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Priestetute View Post
    Why not?

I'm guessing hunter survivability doesn't phase you because you rarely solo, and are accustomed to losing 1v1 in prior updates because of average play. Even if you don't solo you should be able to see that majority of your survivability out there when getting focus-fired comes from healers. CoTH isn't that good a skill, especially if you get slowed after popping it.

Hopefully you can take that into consideration before you don't sign a possible upgrade for hunters that do solo and are losing to creeps that go all out CD wise, and are unable to do much anything about it. Because if it came down to an all-out fight, every creep class has the average hunter outgunned.

Umm, I do solo? Half the time I'm solo'ing in the Moors...Then again, you haven't been on your warg whilst I'm on.
    I have taken that into consideration. It just hasn't got me flaming on the forums about it.
    Fractal

Idk if this has been mentioned or not... but in a raid scenario, hunter cannot use their most devastating dps. Because our main thing is burst damage. Hence why we can kill a elite mob (mentioned earlier in these forums) faster then any other class. But if you go into a raid, and pop your dps CDs and improved focus and use a freakin quickshot you pull aggro (which spells certain doom and usually a wipe). In a longer raid fight, most other classes can do as much dps as us. And some, like burgs, can even debuff the target.

Dont even get me started on moors. I find it hilarious the main creeps posting on this are BAs, AKA hunter killers.. Scared much to have a equal playing field? The bubble is a joke, not to mention it gets resisted all the time. and creep slows have such a low cd and long duration, it rarely provides a escape for us. Just another second to jump in the air while we get ganked. Your sad if you think the hunter isnt the weakest and most pathetic class in moors. Everyone knows it. and I have every creep class, and I would jump a hunter on any of em.

/Signed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000039335/signature.png]Atador[/charsig]

Proud member of Ainur, Best kin on Dwarro always.

no way I can refuse such idea /signed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000000945b0/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed

Though I agree with above that maybe a little longer? Or decrease cooldown from 5m to 2m.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzarellala View Post
    /signed

Though I agree with above that maybe a little longer? Or decrease cooldown from 5m to 2m.
    2min CD inductionless scaled PO? a bit OP, well not really but still.
    There are many ways to fix this skill to make it worthy to bee traited again. 2min CD is a good idea (raid wise) but not sure if this well effect the moors at all unless you are rez camping or getting rez camped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzarellala View Post
    /signed

3m CD would put it right in line with the Uruk's Get A Grip racial heal in the moors. That would be perfect.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

most classes tend to be biased toward their class in general, and rather ignorant and/or biased about what other classes have.
    RK's think that hunters, burgs, and champs do more damage, are less squishy then they are, and dont' have to pay as heavy of a price to switch over to do their other functions.
    Burgs think that hunters, RK's, and champs do more damage and fulfill more vital roles then they do
    Champs still whine about not being able to tank as well as a guard can. they don't really bring up damage, which to me indicates their damage is actually over the top.
    and...hunters gripe that RK's, champs, and Burgs do better DPS then they do and have it easier.
    And every single one thinks that the others are full of #*$& when they gripe.

Welcome to the game of I are more broke then U ! I need moar buffs!

all joking aside, I dont' see why hunter's can't get a defensive skill. I was shocked when Champs got 2+ bubbles themselves. although it sounds like tweaking the hunter bubble a bit would work just fine. But here's what will probably realistically happen IF they actually give you a "defensive skill":

1) it will be 5-10 seconds, not 30 or 45 (I actually laughed out loud at work on that one...45 seconds of 50% damage reduction? hehe....might as well ask for the ability to fly too, and carry a shield while you shoot your bow...and add a few heals skills at the same time...) guards used to have a skill like that in OP stance...they can't use it now unless they drop their damage stance (which by the way has an induction now...gotta sit there picking your nose for 3 seconds till my stance switches...oh, NOW i can use my "save my butt skill"). perhaps we should make this workable only in endurance, so you can be like the other classes who want to DIPs moar. and we can add an induction to your stance, like guards have. but in all honesty, im perfectly happy with cutting it down to 10 seconds.

2) It will be a trait or legacy perk that will COST you to equip. Champs got their bubble, but it does cost them - if the want it to be effective, they have to add traits that DONT add DPS. Guards got their extra DPS, but lost over 60% of their effective mitigations to get it. and they lose all their defensive skills. and they got an induction on switching stances. You will NOT get it for free. so you will HAVE to give something up. read the twitter feed...they pretty much outright said that...

3) it SHOULD cost you resources. Champs bubbles pretty much drain them of fervor pips. so im thinking that costing 4-5 focus isn't out of the ballpark.

So there ya go. a trait, costing 5 focus, lasting 10 seconds, for 50% avoidance, and instantly drops threat by 25%. cooldown 5 minutes. put the trait in the trapper line (since its really a survival skill, not a DPS skill). I know that hunters think they are the most malaigned class in the game, but so does every other class, save a few. you could use a bit more "help me" stuff, but you don't need a get out of jail free card. I will sign this if your realistic about it, Hunters need some work (i have a few myself, I love playing the class! ) but the real issue with hunters is not their defensive skill...it's the makeup of their support role. traps and debuffs need more viability in all settinge...who in the world is going to run up to a raid boss and plant a trap? we could use a few more debuff abilites to compensate.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001e4fcd/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by elyxthaxzus View Post
    So there ya go. a trait, costing 5 focus, lasting 10 seconds, for 50% avoidance, and instantly drops threat by 25%. cooldown 5 minutes. put the trait in the trapper line (since its really a survival skill, not a DPS skill). (...) but the real issue with hunters is not their defensive skill...it's the makeup of their support role. traps and debuffs need more viability in all settinge...who in the world is going to run up to a raid boss and plant a trap? we could use a few more debuff abilites to compensate.
    It was entertaining, but... I think you are getting dangerously close to another Cry of the Hunter, I was hoping for less multitools, at this point even "skill that does two things" feels scary

Anyway, placing your idea in trapper line along with threat reduction makes that threat reduction unnecessary, when trapper line is our best threat reduction in itself. You know, by refusing to provide as much damage

Fusing support role with some survivability skills would be nice - even though I wonder if Trapper can handle all that and retain its CC. Possibly, after desintegrating some of pointless traits...

As long as we cannot stack every frikkin buff and damage upgrade at the same time, there is nothing wrong with placing decent "oh %^&$" skills for red/blue Hunters. Just have them enhanced for Yellow - eg. buff provides more survivability at the cost of threat management that is no longer necessary.

YES! As a hunter, I feel entitled to such skills that will double my survivability. Oh, and please don't tell the other classes: I would prefer to be overpowered.
    So, hush hush!
    /signed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4