We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 93
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    324

    Attention Devs!!!!! Please Read And Consider.....Thank You

    And fellow hunters, if this is something you would like to have, please /sign petition style to show your support.


    On an alt toon I recently completed Epic Vol. 1, Bk. 14 Instance: The Prisoner of Sammath Baul session play in which I was an Angmarim Bloodletter, and I realized that I was graciously provided with a skill called...............



    Staying Alive

    +50% Evade
    +25% Additional evade against ranged damage

    Duration: 30 seconds
    Cooldown: 5 minutes

    Cost: 50 power




    Is there any way you can possibly find it in your hearts to grant us this skill? Or something very similar? I know hunters have been asking for something along these lines for years, yet nothing has ever materialized.

    The skill exists. The code is already written. Maybe change the name, I don't know. My point is, it's already been conceived and implemented, albeit in session play.

    Can we haz please?

    Thank you for your possible time and consideration.





    p.s. Yes, i posted link threads in all the relevant forums I could think of in the hope of attracting the most possible support. I apologize if that somehow offends anyone. Have a wonderful day!!
    Last edited by Althorion; Jan 10 2013 at 04:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    And fellow hunters, if this is something you would like to have, please /sign petition style to show your support.


    On an alt toon I recently completed Epic Vol. 1, Bk. 14 Instance: The Prisoner of Sammath Baul session play in which I was an Angmarim Bloodletter, and I realized that I was graciously provided with a skill called...............



    Staying Alive

    +50% Evade
    +25% Additional evade against ranged damage

    Duration: 30 seconds
    Cooldown: 5 minutes

    Cost: 50 power




    Is there any way you can possibly find it in your hearts to grant us this skill? Or something very similar? I know hunters have been asking for something along these lines for years, yet nothing has ever materialized.

    The skill exists. The code is already written. Maybe change the name, I don't know. My point is, it's already been conceived and implemented, albeit in session play.

    Can we haz please?

    Thank you for your possible time and consideration.





    p.s. Yes, i posted link threads in all the relevant forums I could think of in the hope of attracting the most possible support. I apologize if that somehow offends anyone. Have a wonderful day!!

    Its called "Moving Target"


    /Signed


    but its non-starter. Creeps will cry from left and right. will never happen.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    667
    hhhhmmmmm i wonder what a 1v1 beteween a ba and a hunter would be like???? hhhhmmmm
    Selembar - R12 - Minstrel
    PvP Youtube channel
    Kinship : Odyssey

  4. #4
    Longer.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    667
    I was kinda implying that, but ba and hunters are constantly compared with each other...... they r different classes, if 1 has an evade buff, why does a hunter need the same?

    hhmm hunters have df, why doesn't my ba have an in combat teleport?

    why?

    cos they are different class
    Selembar - R12 - Minstrel
    PvP Youtube channel
    Kinship : Odyssey

  6. #6
    /signed

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Celembar View Post
    hhmm hunters have df, why doesn't my ba have an in combat teleport?
    Hunters cant use DF incombat in the moors.
    .
    Thought often gets in the way of truth. Pain clears the mind of thought.
    But all thoughts free our mind, and let the truth make itself known.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    Its called "Moving Target"


    /Signed


    but its non-starter. Creeps will cry from left and right. will never happen.

    Thank you for the /sign, but shhhh, just shhhh.



    And to the rest of my glorious lotro peeps, please refrain from having this devolve into a creep/freep discussion. That wasn't my intention, and I purposely didn't bring up monster play.


    If you don't agree, at the most, please politely say so and move on.


    If you do agree, again, please indicate so and /sign, with or w/o comment.


    I think it would be absolutely wonderful for the Hunter class to receive a meaningful evade skill, and I would like to see the devs view this thread and the idea behind it with all due seriousness and consideraton.


    Again, thank you........

  9. #9
    /signed

    Can't complain about being unbalanced in the moors since BA have one and the skill isn't a huge game changer in PvE except a little more surivivability.
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,243
    /signed because it would be nice in all parts of the game.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000dc2af/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

  11. #11
    not signed/
    The fourth age is the store age, who knew sauron was the lesser evil?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetweith View Post
    not signed/
    May i ask why? Saying you don't like this idea is fine but stating your reasoning makes your opinion worth listening too. Just hating on the idea just cuz doesn't have a positive effect on the community and leads to very few ideas going very far and eventually into the game.
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

  13. #13
    I'd rather Beneath Notice make it so that we can't be targeted for 3-10 seconds with an instant target drop on cast.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rezz Circle
    Posts
    1,010
    Althorr, you fail.

    first call it something interesting, Quick Feet for example,

    then make it 45 sec duration,

    finally put a link to this page in your fourm sig so more people see it.

    as a creep i can say i see little wrong with this skill, wont help the freep raids get orginized but it will help them incombat.

    GL with your crusade my favorit hunter(all my old favourits left.)

    that is all

  15. #15
    /signed if and only if wargs get a similar evasion skill for tactical and melee attacks.

    Though to be honest, I don't see the purpose of this skill. Hunters have more than enough "survivability" in PVE. And there isn't much point in modifying freep classes solely for PVP purposes. Better to just modify creep classes to create balance.
    Last edited by Theodoriph; Jan 11 2013 at 01:34 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000006cbd4/signature.png]Nomere[/charsig]

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodoriph View Post
    /signed if and only if wargs get a similar evasion skill for tactical and melee attacks.

    Though to be honest, I don't see the purpose of this skill. Hunters have more than enough "survivability" in PVE.
    Wargs already got stealth in-n-out of combat, that is their advantage much like burgs. So having a defensive skill well make them a bit too far of OP, if you can see what I mean.
    If it was parry then yes it'll have a purpose because it'll set up AR.




    Quote Originally Posted by Theodoriph View Post
    And there isn't much point in modifying freep classes solely for PVP purposes. Better to just modify creep classes to create balance.
    Look at the creeps in moors post RoR. They have twice as much morale as most freeps, and comparing it to the hunters, it is ridiculous.
    I don't see how the moors is balance for the hunters, creeps now hit harder and a way have larger morale than any hunters.
    Note: This for hunters only because the lack of survivability, we rely too much and dps and lack a support role to keep us alive whereas every other classes have something in their arsenal of skills/traits to save their hides.

    /signed only if it is parry

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    Its called "Moving Target"


    /Signed


    but its non-starter. Creeps will cry from left and right. will never happen.
    if this happen I want a bubble which is a copy of yours
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Error 404: Not Found
    Posts
    87
    /not signed

    You already have the hunter bubble, that's enough.

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120301000024bcf2/signature.png]Halphas[/charsig]

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    if this happen I want a bubble which is a copy of yours
    I'll trade that bubble for the evade any day.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    324
    While i'm not suprised that this thread seemed to draw mostly trolls from my server, i'm pretty disappointed that the numerous pleases and thank you's I put in here were so readily disregarded by so many.


    Again, this has nothing to do with the Ettenmoors, monster play, or drawing a comparison between hunter skills and other classes.


    This has everything to do with giving a rather squishy class a meaningful evade skill called " STAYING ALIVE ".


    Think of the raid benefit.


    Every hunter, unless they are purposefully drawing down (wut?) their dps (why?), will pull agro from someone sometime. It happens to us all. It's always a fine line between dps and agro, switching stances, swapping books, and this would be a wonderful compliment to, and if, BN or DS is on cd. It would give you the survivability to live and receive some heals while the tank(s) re-aquire agro, while also allowing you to perform your primary role which is maximum sustained dps without the need to throttle back so much.


    No more being a potential liability to your group from unwantingly pulling agro then dying 3 seconds later because of it.


    Seems like a win/win to me.


    If you don't agree, that's your prerogative, but again, please be respectful.


    This is about hunters only.


    Thank you, and have a great day!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post

    Every hunter, unless they are purposefully drawing down (wut?) their dps (why?), will pull agro from someone sometime. It happens to us all. It's always a fine line between dps and agro, switching stances, swapping books, and this would be a wonderful compliment to, and if, BN or DS is on cd. It would give you the survivability to live and receive some heals while the tank(s) re-aquire agro, while also allowing you to perform your primary role which is maximum sustained dps without the need to throttle back so much.
    I actually see it being even better in pve than the moors for these reasons. Creeps, however, are the reason that hunters never receive anything nice because they whine and complain so much anytime a change is suggested or implemented. Creeps have not only ruined the game for moors hunters but also many pve hunters. Every class has a legit survival skill, the hunter bubble is hardly one.

    It's hilarious that a warg would request something similar when every warg will hips or sprint when something isn't looking good... Oh, and if you want more defense then go flayer... a very defensive stance for a class that's supposed to be all about dps.

    And to all the BAs who now want a bubble... You guys have heals, ranged knockdowns, melee knockdowns, and a stance that allows you to fire everything on the move. Before you say hunters have stuns remember that with audacity these stuns are pathetic.

    Give a little and allow hunters to enjoy the game too.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000dc2af/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

  22. #22
    Can ba's get camo and tracks? Thats what i thought...

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by gunlang View Post
    Can ba's get camo and tracks? Thats what i thought...

    Please note the quote below........


    Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post

    Again, this has nothing to do with the Ettenmoors, monster play, or drawing a comparison between hunter skills and other classes.


    This is about hunters only.


    Thank you, and have a great day!

    How many times do I have to say it?

    Obviously more than I already have...............

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Darathelion_Eriagon View Post
    /not signed

    You already have the hunter bubble, that's enough.

    By all means, take our pathetic excuse of a bubble. First of all it doesn't spawn until 3 seconds after you hit it, in which case youre probably already dead. Second, sometimes it doesn't even activate. Ive seen this happen way too often. And finally, it's such a small bubble that by the time it spawns, if you aren't already dead, creeps can easily DPS through the bubble, hardly a feat really. It's terrible and was Turbine's way to try to quiet down complaints, way to go turbine. Give us a real survival skill.

    Although I have the elf racial parry buff, it has a long cool down and I like the idea of another one that would be more viable. /signed.

    Creeps: Highly Unimpressed, Babyasparagus, Schleichend | Blood Hand
    Freeps: Euphonious-1, Enthralling/-1/-2/-3, Mellifluous-1, Tantalizing-1, Xiexieni | Revolution

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    By all means, take our pathetic excuse of a bubble. First of all it doesn't spawn until 3 seconds after you hit it, in which case youre probably already dead. Second, sometimes it doesn't even activate. Ive seen this happen way too often. And finally, it's such a small bubble that by the time it spawns, if you aren't already dead, creeps can easily DPS through the bubble, hardly a feat really. It's terrible and was Turbine's way to try to quiet down complaints, way to go turbine. Give us a real survival skill.

    Although I have the elf racial parry buff, it has a long cool down and I like the idea of another one that would be more viable. /signed.
    Well, I'd say it depends on which mobs you are fighting. Against Wargs, I reckon OPs suggestion will be of much less use than the bubble Hunters currently have.

    /unsigned - this skill really is not neccessary for PvE, and Hunter PvMP won't be fixed through this skill as I see it.

 

 
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload