We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

can't hear synchronized music from fellowship

This seems to be a random bug:

Most of the time we can't hear the music played by fellowship members.

This seems to be random. Sometimes a member can hear music from all members.

To provoke this:

1. join a fellowship
    2. synchronized playing - ie /play song.abc 1 sync
    3. /playstart
    4. you can only hear yourself (with random exceptions)
    - also you can only see notes above yourself, so it's not a volume issue.

Anyone else experienced this?

This problem seem to have started about a month ago. The years before that I didn't have any issues.

The bug is highly annoying to me - I mainly play in a group like this.

/Firefern
    (http://fefeconv.mirar.org/)

Oh yes Firefern!

I have also encountered this bug in various music group situations recently, and yes it's SUPER annoying.

Pls fix Turbine, pls pls ...

(I was thinking if it was something that got introduced with the new "focus loss behaviour" options for sound, it's pretty recent like you say).

I also think group playback of music of "high statistical density" has become more flaky, with parts dropping out/clipping more than they used to. This may just be me though, and probably not related directly.
    Last edited by Phede; Jan 10 2013 at 04:16 PM.
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][color=#BFBFBF][I]Phede's mini minnie army: [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Phedelene[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Netteellen[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Ledepeter[/color][I] and [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Amorph[/color].
    [I]Proud member of [/I][url='http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/'][color=#FFFFFF]Andúnië[/color][/url][I] and the [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Greenway Band[/color].
    [I]A small collection of Phedelene's original music (ABC's and MP3's) on [/I][url='http://sdrv.ms/ZMMwsA'][color=#FFFFFF]SkyDrive[/color][/url].[/color][/SIZE]

[color=#FFFFFF][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS.[/FONT][/SIZE][/color]
    [/LEFT]

Yes, very annoying bug and makes things difficult when you can't hear what your fellow band members are doing.

Friends figured out the following workaround that has worked every time we've tried it (though it has only been a few days since they came up with it).

1. Person plays while not in fellowship to make sure everyone can hear them. If not, relog and try again.
    2. While the person is playing, invite to fellowship.
    3. Rinse and repeat until all members are in the fellowship.

We have not checked to see if it worked after porting to another area and that might mess things up again. We always wait to form once we get where we want to play.
    "Pink makes EVERYTHING better! Cept Orcs or gobbies. Nothin' can make them better!
    Tearna Quickfoot, Hobbit minstrel on Landroval.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaeliana View Post
    Yes, very annoying bug and makes things difficult when you can't hear what your fellow band members are doing.

Friends figured out the following workaround that has worked every time we've tried it (though it has only been a few days since they came up with it).

1. Person plays while not in fellowship to make sure everyone can hear them. If not, relog and try again.
    2. While the person is playing, invite to fellowship.
    3. Rinse and repeat until all members are in the fellowship.

We have not checked to see if it worked after porting to another area and that might mess things up again. We always wait to form once we get where we want to play.
    You can also leave the group,
    Run into a nearby building,
    Run back out,
    The bug should be fixed. It's what my band mates and I tend to do!

Quicker way to fix the bug, if anyone is interested
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

We often have this happen and keep /bug ging it. It's terrible.

I try to let an extra 15 minutes at the end of rehearsals now so that everyone can port to the concert location and reboot if necessary.
    Bards, Beers, & Longbeards!
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/bardsbeerslongbeards[/URL]

Definitely /bug it. I think every member of GHMS has by now.

And the more generalized work-around is to be sure your group is all physically together--same layer, same zone, etc before inviting them to the group. (Invites across zones/layers also leads to the issue where you won't see everyone's dot on your radar).
    [COLOR=#800000]Various Hobbits, Thwilda the dwarf lass, and Gnersk, Stalker[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfriedpf View Post
    Definitely /bug it. I think every member of GHMS has by now.

And the more generalized work-around is to be sure your group is all physically together--same layer, same zone, etc before inviting them to the group. (Invites across zones/layers also leads to the issue where you won't see everyone's dot on your radar).
    This.

It does seem to be related to players joining you from another zone.
    Jobbing musician that resides in Bree. Frequenter of Taverns and places of ill repute

Quote Originally Posted by Keli View Post
    This.

It does seem to be related to players joining you from another zone.
    Actually, I've encountered this bug several times when the group was formed AFTER all being together in the same location. We also had an instance recently when one of our members had to relog 3 or 4 times before it went away for him. So *shrug*. This is really annoying. The only thing to do is to make sure you test the sound of everyone in the group before you start playing.
    [URL="https://sarahmccabemythopoet.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#b22222]Falling Toward Mythopoesis[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] My personal blog.

[URL="https://lotromusic.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#008080]LOTRO Music[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] ABCs, guides and resources for the compleat LOTRO musician.

Oh, I /bug'ed it as soon as it appeared.

I thought I'd check to see I wasn't alone here on the forums.
    I was a bit confused that the thread wasn't started already...

I think it's tied to the emote and say bugs. How, I'm not sure...