We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

skirmish raid loot lock vs new bg

Can anyone explain why turbine hasn't removed raid loot locks on skirmish raids when they allow bg and even the new 3 mans to be run over and over? if the point of raid locks is either to gate itemization or to help raiders complete raids without the raids resetting daily then maybe that would make sense.

With the ratio of symbol drops in skirmishes and even new BG, there would be not enough symbols for people before new raid release. In consequnece a lot of people would be not raid-ready with their toons.

In RoI we had Draigoch that was available to farm not long ago from the release of RoI and gave one symbol just for the completion of t2 and granted 1 to 3 symbols every run (in addition to scales and other stuff). So a lot of people were ready for ToO when it launched or not long time later.

In RoR we didn't have such an opportunity and I suppose Turbine made it that way to make up for it...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/20224000000100363/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Warden(85), Minstrel(85), Rune-Keeper(85), Burglar(85), Captain(85), Hunter(85)

Quote Originally Posted by Chardok View Post
    ... and even the new 3 mans to be run over and over?
    For your information, regular instances never had any locks (with the only exception being Carn Dum, but that was probably designed as being a 6-man-raid). You could always run any instance you wanted over and over to farm the loot.
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

Skirmishes are basically scaling instances.
    Yet they tell us locks don't work well with scaling instances.
    Yet skirmishes have loot locks which seem to work pretty well in keeping me from acquiring the loot I want from them in any reasonable amount of time.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Southpa View Post
    Skirmishes are basically scaling instances.
    Yet they tell us locks don't work well with scaling instances.
    Yet skirmishes have loot locks which seem to work pretty well in keeping me from acquiring the loot I want from them in any reasonable amount of time.
    They told us that about locks in multi boss scaling raids. That's a bit different than a skirmish raid.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/20224000000100363/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Warden(85), Minstrel(85), Rune-Keeper(85), Burglar(85), Captain(85), Hunter(85)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzol View Post
    They told us that about locks in multi boss scaling raids. That's a bit different than a skirmish raid.
    A bit. Not much.

The chest is what gets the locks in a skraid. You can still run the skirmish as many times as you want. Raid locks have historically kept you from the content period. If they applied rules equally across the board, you should either be able to run Durchest as much as you want, but only get the chest(s) once per week or get loot from a skraid every time you run it.

I find it really hard to believe the application of this should be all that different regardless of whether it's a scaled raid or a skirmish. It's not a content lock, it's a loot lock. They did it with Hele, in fact.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Southpa View Post
    A bit. Not much.

The chest is what gets the locks in a skraid. You can still run the skirmish as many times as you want. Raid locks have historically kept you from the content period. If they applied rules equally across the board, you should either be able to run Durchest as much as you want, but only get the chest(s) once per week or get loot from a skraid every time you run it.

I find it really hard to believe the application of this should be all that different regardless of whether it's a scaled raid or a skirmish. It's not a content lock, it's a loot lock. They did it with Hele, in fact.
    Besides skirmishes and Hele (remember it was split up into separate wings) only contain 1 chest to be locked, while a multiboss raid contains several chests and the code would need to keep track which chests have already been looted since your last visit within the lock period (whereas a skirm or hele wing can just be flagged as completed upon success).
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

Raid skirmish chest locks are governed by the "hidden" weekly quests you get there. If you are on the quest, you can loot the chest. I fail to see why they couldn't make a similar system for BG with a separate quest for each boss tied to their respective chest.

There must be some other technical shortcomings since this is pretty much too obvious for them not to consider.