We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by apb8808 View Post
    Haven't you heard that Burgs are extemely "broken"? +1 for a competent burg speaking up
    The over all utility of the burglar class, the skills they bring to the table, simply does not compare to some of the classes you wind up fighting with and against. The passive statistics and defensive stats of the burglar simply do not compare to those available to other classes as well.
    Sounds pretty broken...

Illiteracy for you!

But no surprise, you play a Reaver. Smashing your head against your keyboard is about all you're capable of, so it works out. Make sure you keep your helmet on, though.
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhurgo_Burglefools View Post
    There is no creep I can't kill
    ^ Broken

nerf burgs

Illiteracy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    Sounds pretty broken...

Illiteracy for you!

But no surprise, you play a Reaver. Smashing your head against your keyboard is about all you're capable of, so it works out. Make sure you keep your helmet on, though.
    I can cherry pick too. Yep I play a reaver, I also play freeps but they aren't in my sig. And my headsmashing keyboard skills are topnotch.
    Creeps: Fissure R-12
    Freeps: Presdas R-9, Arcteus R9, Dainsleif-1 R4

Third or forth of these burglars are underpowered thread? Burgs have been on top for a long time and they are bad one update and everyone complains about them..... turning into hunters until they get massively buffed in U10/11

Quote Originally Posted by bfub467 View Post
    Burgs have been on top for a long time and they are bad one update
    They arent bad,just not as strong as before People have gotten used to it too much,ofc now they are upset that it changed..

I think the main problem with burgs is that wargs have completely dominate etten's stealth world..

This happens for the main reasons..

1. Wargs have tracking skills in small cds so a burg can be spoted even after a disappearing escape
    2. Wargs make tactical dmg on shadow stance which can not be evaded from burgs
    3. Wargs have crazy sprint on small cd so as to reach every mooving target or to avoid any non ranged enemy as burgs
    4. General wargs are more in particular place because they can map easy from the one side of the map to another without even getting out of stealth..

Future tracking skills and mooving speed buffs on burgs can balance enough all these matters

I amar prestar aen.. ''the world has changed..''

Quote Originally Posted by jivius View Post
    I think the main problem with burgs is that wargs have completely dominate etten's stealth world..

This happens for the main reasons..

1. Wargs have tracking skills in small cds so a burg can be spoted even after a disappearing escape
    On twice the cooldown (one minute) and about 2/3 the range (90 meters) of the matching Hunter skill Freep side.

2. Wargs make tactical dmg on shadow stance which can not be evaded from burgs
    Wargs have one skill (Swipe) that can't be evaded.

3. Wargs have crazy sprint on small cd so as to reach every mooving target or to avoid any non ranged enemy as burgs
    Except Burgs have crazy debuffs and mezzes that Wargs aren't immune to. Though, yes, Wargs can often sprint away from a fight if they don't want to be in it.

4. General wargs are more in particular place because they can map easy from the one side of the map to another without even getting out of stealth..

Future tracking skills and mooving speed buffs on burgs can balance enough all these matters
    Burgs already have both. They are called a Mount, Coffee, and Speed Buff scrolls - and store trackers that are on a shorter cooldown and longer range than the Warg's tracking ability. Also, Burgs have higher stealth levels (at least if traited and equipped for it) and better stealth detection than Wargs do.

And, just so you know, the only Freep I play in the Moors is my Burg - which I'm playing now more than my Warg. It's harder now than it was during RoI, but still fun and I still run a better Kills/Deaths ratio on my Burg.
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

Quote Originally Posted by l4j View Post
    On twice the cooldown (one minute) and about 2/3 the range (90 meters) of the matching Hunter skill Freep side.

Wargs have one skill (Swipe) that can't be evaded.

Except Burgs have crazy debuffs and mezzes that Wargs aren't immune to. Though, yes, Wargs can often sprint away from a fight if they don't want to be in it.

Burgs already have both. They are called a Mount, Coffee, and Speed Buff scrolls - and store trackers that are on a shorter cooldown and longer range than the Warg's tracking ability. Also, Burgs have higher stealth levels (at least if traited and equipped for it) and better stealth detection than Wargs do.

And, just so you know, the only Freep I play in the Moors is my Burg - which I'm playing now more than my Warg. It's harder now than it was during RoI, but still fun and I still run a better Kills/Deaths ratio on my Burg.
    erm...you do know shadow stance makes it so that pounce, maul, and claws cant be bpe'd right? or are you one of those that pops TNG when getting attacked by shadow wargs:P

warg track is 1:30 CD i believe(could be wrong about this).

speed buff scrolls? wut...

crazy mezzes? audacity, stun pot, pre-pot, brands...

had to point out the flaws in your post. not actually sure you play in the moors tbh.
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

Quote Originally Posted by 0987654321 View Post
    <snip>not actually sure you play in the moors tbh.
    No. No. I don't play in the Moors at all.

Silly of me to think I had . . .
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

It's pretty common among most Creep forum warriors.
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

Silly of me to think I had . . .
    well, idk how you were so wrong with some of the stuff you said then. ./shrug
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

Prepare for an epic multi quote post!

Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    Everything you said + the Quoted Part,thanks alot,i fully agree and i am really glad that there are People out there that dont scream : Soloing is destroyed by Turbine Q.Q They decide how we play!.. Id love to play with more such people..

+1 rep
    Thank you kindly, I'm glad to see you're like minded. The main thing that is preventing people from soloing, is that there aren't many solos or duos for you to fight against. This whole "problem" is solved if more people solo.

Quote Originally Posted by apb8808 View Post
    Haven't you heard that Burgs are extemely "broken"? +1 for a competent burg speaking up
    ./tipofthehat

Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    Sounds pretty broken...

Illiteracy for you!

Brittain, I personally agree with the general statement that burglars are broken.

Quote Originally Posted by bfub467 View Post
    Third or forth of these burglars are underpowered thread? Burgs have been on top for a long time and they are bad one update and everyone complains about them..... turning into hunters until they get massively buffed in U10/11
    Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    They arent bad,just not as strong as before People have gotten used to it too much,ofc now they are upset that it changed..
    Burglar's aren't particularly bad this update in comparison with the last one. In fact, nothing changed, and that is part of the basic problem.

The game has changed quite a bit and the burglar class has not. When the cap was 65 a burglar was stacking might through the roof, and had significantly higher parry rating as a result. When RoI came out the whole spectrum of squishiness from light - medium - heavy armor was changed. This is why wardens were considered to be broken as far as tanking went by many people at this time, but it also effected burglars and hunters. Wardens received cooldown based invincibility, instead of medium armor receiving a bit more sturdiness. I used to tank things on my burglar, honestly, and it worked. At this point you have a melee class without particularly strong avoidances or mitigations.

I've got a feeling the burglar is slated to receive a bit of a class update. If you think they are over powered now, or perfect the way they are and don't want to see anything change, you've likely got another thing coming. There is nothing coherent about the skill set or the traitlines. In my opinion the most complete and coherent and fun and powerful traitline is Mischief Maker. Your role in and contribution to a large group is very well defined and extremely effective. Outside of that the burglar is what you make it, and what many of us are making of it is a single target damage beast. We've got a large handful of skills that aren't useful in the least. Other skills are simply greyed out in different stances, rather than having their effects change to support the role of that traitline as occurs with many other classes. Other skills and traits are reliant on conditions you do not experience in endgame pve or pvp at this point.

Burglars are not very power sustainable, they aren't very sturdy nor do they have strong avoidances, and they are the one melee class that doesn't have available any run speed boost or snare immunity skill. There is no real reason for one class to possess all these weaknesses, and likely one of them is going to change before too long.

So yeah, I think burglars are broken, and due for a class update. That said, there is no class I would rather play, and I am still having tons of fun.
    Last edited by Bhurgo_Burglefools; Jan 15 2013 at 03:57 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000013320a/signature.png]Rosenthal[/charsig]

All of us knob heads miss you Sylidor - R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by 0987654321 View Post
    had to point out the flaws in your post. not actually sure you play in the moors tbh.
    It's the same poster who thought champs were immune to cc for the duration of their sprint.

But I seem to remember a Champ in Sprint is immune for the entire duration.
    You'll find l4j in every thread griping about balance but they don't understand the mechanics of most classes they complain about... let alone their own class.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhurgo_Burglefools View Post
    So yeah, I think burglars are broken, and due for a class update. That said, there is no class I would rather play, and I am still having tons of fun.
    Quite literally my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Laggus View Post
    I've been at the receiving end of your dps Incendio many times and Burgs still hit hard. I dunno if your grouping up or not but get in a group with an LM and RK /Champ and its a stun and mezz fest and that creep will be dead fast. This just aint ROI anymore..and we're better for it overall.
    1) I appreciate the compliment.
    2) I come to the ettenmoors because I wanted to solo. Ever since i rolled my burg I've been able to do so. I've watched Burglars sit with the same skill set, go completely unchanged (except for losing our knives out legacy which sucked), and have continued to be left completely alone ever since SoA. Granted, we used to be nuclear bombs, if we set out eyes on a creep they wouldnt make it. Do i miss those days? of course. However yesterday's 1v1's only came to prove to me that I am still soloable out here. I can still somewhat fight alone. Except against Spiders, reavers who are high ranked, and defilers who can just use they're store bought flies. So I'm left with War Leaders who take too long to fight, wargs who will just hips out at the first possible chance, and Black Arrows. Good thing that most creeps now adays are spiders or reavers...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3