We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 64
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Conneticut
    Posts
    28

    Burglar being left in the dust with new pvp expansion.

    I'm well aware I will be told to learn to play my class and all the other half-thought troll attempts however I will convey what most leveled burglars feel.

    1) Due to audacity, burglar's stuns are somewhat useless. We are a class based off of position, and when there is only a 2 second stun that allows us to get a single, possibly two, of our full powered skills onto the target.

    2) Reavers are somewhat of an impossibility now. When combating 20k morale (Not saying that it was never a possibility to do so) is is very near improbable to be able to kill any now due to the fact that our evade (which is useless already) can be combated by spamming a single skill, and our knives out having such a short duration. While I can understand there should be a fight, when a reaver is nearly guarenteed a kill vs a burglar unless the burglar hipses away is something that needs to be fixed.

    3) The burglar moors set. Very nice, I enjoy the +20% devastate chance we are given, except for the fact that there is no fight in which we can use the buff to its potential (Unless of course we're PvEing in a PvP zone.)

    So that is a nutshell of my issues and the issues of several burglars I have spoken too. Allow the trolling to begin, and of course, I doubt anything will be done due to these issues.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920a0000001ce205/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by arundell View Post

    2) Reavers are somewhat of an impossibility now. When combating 20k morale (Not saying that it was never a possibility to do so) is is very near improbable to be able to kill any now due to the fact that our evade (which is useless already) can be combated by spamming a single skill, and our knives out having such a short duration. While I can understand there should be a fight, when a reaver is nearly guarenteed a kill vs a burglar unless the burglar hipses away is something that needs to be fixed..
    just gonna comment on this....touch and go is FAR from useless against reavers.
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

  3. #3
    Are you QQing or do you just have dust in your eyes?


    Also, for your information this was a fully thought out troll attempt.

    P.S. Reavers are quite OP atm, so using them as a comparison for your burg doesn't really help your argument. It's not a burg issue. It's a Reavers are ******* OP issue, and I'm sure there are plenty of whiny threads for those already.
    Last edited by Theodoriph; Jan 09 2013 at 11:10 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000006cbd4/signature.png]Nomere[/charsig]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,073
    There is a disconnect here and a rather large one. A lot of freep players seem to think that the way it was is how it should be. The dev diary was crystal clear on what they wanted, they wanted a domination style season, that means:

    No soloing

    Creep morale gets scalled to accomedate freep DPS

    Burg CC is nerfed from aud (not new in this season, im throwing you a bone)


    This is what they want, this is what creeps wanted and we QQ'd for after the ridiculous ROI expansion. Youre going to have to let go of the fantasy, its raid up or die for freeps and hope you dont run into massive amount of creeps. The silver lining is this though, the limitations placed on you and new balanced toons on creepside is going to weed out the people who dont want an even match notice all the spiders running around? Those are your old freep friends, when the going got tough they flipped. Your now in a weaker position because they bailed, had they stayed and raided up you might be ok.

    Im not saying the zerg RvR is the way I want it, its just the way it is and the main problem now is because of the tweeks to create that condition it comes down to population. Youve been thrown to the wolves by some of your old freep friends there over here now with R5 spiders with reflect and R6 defilers with improved flies.

    No amount of CC is going to help you, no new skill will save your &&&. Youre all alone, and I respect the freeps that still come out knowing some of their numbers flipped. That adolecent malcontent inside of me smiles everytime I see a known freep on his creep.

    Dont worry the full time creeps are laughing at them, they know and feel your pain. Still, its your time to die.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by arundell View Post
    1) Due to audacity, burglar's stuns are somewhat useless. We are a class based off of position, and when there is only a 2 second stun that allows us to get a single, possibly two, of our full powered skills onto the target.

    2) Reavers are somewhat of an impossibility now. When combating 20k morale (Not saying that it was never a possibility to do so) is is very near improbable to be able to kill any now due to the fact that our evade (which is useless already) can be combated by spamming a single skill, and our knives out having such a short duration. While I can understand there should be a fight, when a reaver is nearly guarenteed a kill vs a burglar unless the burglar hipses away is something that needs to be fixed.
    CC has been split into separate DR tables IIRC, on I think a 20 sec reset timer? Something along those lines. Long story short, Trick range + MM build makes it quite possible to kill a reaver while taking only a few attacks. Its the sort of fight that separates the burgs from the thieves.

    Not telling you L2P because not every burg can pull off but if you think you have considerable LOTRO chops then I'm sure you can do it.
    Creeps: Fissure R-12
    Freeps: Presdas R-9, Arcteus R9, Dainsleif-1 R4

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glain Vraig
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    A lot of freep players seem to think that the way it was is how it should be.
    ^.^ But they were so awesome back then and not a bit too strong balance wise,and now they are so weak its all just not fun anymore..

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    The silver lining is this though, the limitations placed on you and new balanced toons on creepside is going to weed out the people who dont want an even match*snip*
    Well said,lots of RoI enjoying freeps are now on creepside alot more,but ofc that has nothing to do with the balance shift or anything..


    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    No amount of CC is going to help you, no new skill will save your &&&.
    Well,in the case of beeing outnumbered no,no skill will save you.. however in 1v1 fights skill and knowledge,movement etc matter a bit more for Burgs now imo,those Burgs that killed everything pretty easy during RoI or before find themselves in a situation now where they have to use their skills/movement etc with some thought behind it to win fights. A good played Burg is still a pain for any good played reaver,i just think there arent many of those Burgs around,cause alot of burgs just used i win skills to get a fight over with,never really learning how to fight if such skills dont mean a sure win.
    (Thats ofc just my view and oppinion on this and doesnt reflect the state of Burg class or Reaver class in any way)


    Quote Originally Posted by apb8808 View Post
    CC has been split into separate DR tables IIRC, on I think a 20 sec reset timer? Something along those lines. Long story short, Trick range + MM build makes it quite possible to kill a reaver while taking only a few attacks. Its the sort of fight that separates the burgs from the thieves.

    Not telling you L2P because not every burg can pull off but if you think you have considerable LOTRO chops then I'm sure you can do it.
    I agree,it has just become harder to be a good Burg in 1v1`s compared to the often pretty easy wins if you used everything you had. Its what every PvP Burg could dream of tho,its not broken to unplayable state,it offers a challenge,and you learn more from a hard fight then from killing your enemy in the first startling twist stun And once you learn how to fight with such conditions,you will be a real pain should anything change in favor of Burgs again.

  7. #7
    I think stealth units is good to be nerfed for pvp general..
    In this way burgs will need to form burg packs which will be much more effectively than soloers.

    Although I think it would be nice for burgs to be equiped with some tracking skills + mooving speed.


    I amar prestar aen.. ''the world has changed..''

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jivius View Post
    In this way burgs will need to form burg packs which will be much more effectively than soloers
    At Lvl. 65, it took 4 Burgs to SS-one-shot a Creep. I.E. 4 Players Surprise Striking a single Player to kill him.

    At Lvl. 85, it will take 10-15 Burgs to do the same.

    The Burglar skillset is currently one of the least effective PvP skillsets available on Freepside. The Moors design (Audacity/Pots/Skillset) counters everything that once made a Burglar a lethal opponent. The same cannot be said for other Freep classes or the opposing faction.
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodoriph View Post
    Are you QQing or do you just have dust in your eyes?


    Also, for your information this was a fully thought out troll attempt.

    P.S. Reavers are quite OP atm, so using them as a comparison for your burg doesn't really help your argument. It's not a burg issue. It's a Reavers are ******* OP issue, and I'm sure there are plenty of whiny threads for those already.
    Believe me, it is a burg issue, reavers aren't the only class that is almost unbeatable in 1v1s for a burg, in fact, the only class that is still possible to solo is a warg..
    Guys seriously, how can you keep denying burgs are in a bad shape atm pvp-wise? Im sure those of you who claim they can still be effective don't even play your burg out here. I didn't get killed by a burg in 1v1 since ROR on my creeps.. Oh yea this one time, a burg had me because he blew all his cds (including 2 evades and 2 KO's, and im only at 8 audacity)..

  10. #10

    learn

    Maybe you should learn from this guy

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr45f...ature=youtu.be

    hes the only one on our server to beat the top ranked spider raelith and is a damn fine burg.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001b6176/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Graveyard/friedhof
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by ArronJames View Post
    Maybe you should learn from this guy

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr45f...ature=youtu.be

    hes the only one on our server to beat the top ranked spider raelith and is a damn fine burg.
    You have to remember it´s much more easier to QQ on forum then learn play we chooce QQ.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    At Lvl. 65, it took 4 Burgs to SS-one-shot a Creep. I.E. 4 Players Surprise Striking a single Player to kill him.

    At Lvl. 85, it will take 10-15 Burgs to do the same.

    The Burglar skillset is currently one of the least effective PvP skillsets available on Freepside. The Moors design (Audacity/Pots/Skillset) counters everything that once made a Burglar a lethal opponent. The same cannot be said for other Freep classes or the opposing faction.
    This 100%. Couldn't have said it better myself.



    Quote Originally Posted by ArronJames View Post
    Maybe you should learn from this guy

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr45f...ature=youtu.be
    Not to insult his skill or anything, but the same results would not be seen against someone who has a clue.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000030b05c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by ArronJames View Post
    Maybe you should learn from this guy

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr45f...ature=youtu.be

    hes the only one on our server to beat the top ranked spider raelith and is a damn fine burg.
    Terrible music, lol, anyway, yea hes a very skilled burg, but imagine that guy to play a champ or minnie, he would be a lot more of threat as he is on a burg..
    My point is, a good burg like him will win against a bad high ranked creep, but he will have little chance against a skilled/full audacity creep --> not balanced, is that too hard to understand?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by burzumaz View Post
    Terrible music, lol, anyway, yea hes a very skilled burg, but imagine that guy to play a champ or minnie, he would be a lot more of threat as he is on a burg..
    My point is, a good burg like him will win against a bad high ranked creep, but he will have little chance against a skilled/full audacity creep --> not balanced, is that too hard to understand?
    he has a mini, but thats not his main toon.

    he 1v1'd my defiler (r10 and 1 of the better solo defilers on vilya) he was down to 400moral, but still managed to beat me in a 1v1. He stated that he didnt had place to put it in his video.

    Since you know little of him or the creeps he's fighting how can you form an opinion about those creeps being high ranked yet unskilled?
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post
    he has a mini, but thats not his main toon.

    he 1v1'd my defiler (r10 and 1 of the better solo defilers on vilya) he was down to 400moral, but still managed to beat me in a 1v1. He stated that he didnt had place to put it in his video.

    Since you know little of him or the creeps he's fighting how can you form an opinion about those creeps being high ranked yet unskilled?
    im going to say because half those creeps there were either keyboard turning or back pedaling...a spider that can properly kite would have alot better chance than those that back pedaled

    that said im not saying he is a bad burg but there will always be ppl that go above and beyond on classes that do make them look op, especially while fighting those that arent as good...ive got absolutely no problem fighting any creeps on my burg and win more often than not without cds, but when fighting other burgs on my server that i would consider average, they just go down so fast and i wouldnt even consider it a fight...it takes a whole lot more to be good on a burg than most other classes creep or freepside atm it seems to me
    ---------------Landroval-----------------
    Alsander-r13 burg

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Snowbourn
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by ArronJames View Post
    Maybe you should learn from this guy

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr45f...ature=youtu.be

    hes the only one on our server to beat the top ranked spider raelith and is a damn fine burg.
    Ehm, sorry, sir, but what we should see here?

    - he is fighting low ranks
    - he is fighting very bad higher ranks
    - he is very very lucky with provoke-daze
    - spider raelith? - you mean that fight in HH? - with 2-3 npcs? and he probably died on dots at the end

    Sorry i dont want be rude or anything, just pointing at bad position of burgs now

    Commander Liliam - the Warden

  17. #17

    Burglar being left in the dust with new pvp expansion

    how this threat derailed from burgs not op anymore (tbh they got tunned down since u6) into ditching on a player.

    Raelith is a well respected spider on our server, he was unlucky to be caught of guard.
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,142
    thats a damn good burg there

    [Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glain Vraig
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    At Lvl. 65, it took 4 Burgs to SS-one-shot a Creep. I.E. 4 Players Surprise Striking a single Player to kill him.

    At Lvl. 85, it will take 10-15 Burgs to do the same.

    The Burglar skillset is currently one of the least effective PvP skillsets available on Freepside. The Moors design (Audacity/Pots/Skillset) counters everything that once made a Burglar a lethal opponent. The same cannot be said for other Freep classes or the opposing faction.

    Yeah,and as someone said before,people expect to be as strong as before... Ya know,once CC had no DR and you could chainstun kill an opponent as a Burg,must mean Burgs nowdays are so weak
    Tho,with a little change of playstyle Burgs can still do crazy stuff.. gambler and MM due to the recent DR table changes dont look as bad anymore to annoy creeps with,BAs still will hate traited enrage as it makes most of their skills not usable etc etc.

    Sure,1v1 it has become alot more challenging,but i think no one will disagree if i say it was a bit too easy for the most part before RoR and for sure before Audacity or even DR on CC... The biggest Problem i see with Burgs is that the FOTM/most rewarding playstyle shifted from solo/small grp to the absolute zerg. And Burgs just arent as fun in Raids imo.

    Oh and,i find it funny how everytime someone Posts a video of the discussed class/race doing bad others go like : yeah he is fighting baddies or blah blah (The lvl 75 Champ killing lvl 85 Creeps one got the same treatment) It almost seems like the server where those ppl commenting play on only has pro players on the opposing side...
    Last edited by Cillion; Jan 10 2013 at 10:35 AM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post

    Since you know little of him or the creeps he's fighting how can you form an opinion about those creeps being high ranked yet unskilled?
    Probably from watching the video.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodoriph View Post
    Reavers are quite OP atm, so using them as a comparison for your burg doesn't really help your argument. It's not a burg issue. It's a Reavers are ******* OP issue, and I'm sure there are plenty of whiny threads for those already.
    Reavers aren't OP in the least. r9+ ones are pretty deadly, I'll give you that, and they're prolly one of the tougher creep classes you'll encounter, but we're far from unkillable. Let's not forget that while freeps had it easy reavers had to endure being quite possibly the worst pvp class out there, for either side.

    Not saying burgs couldn't use a minor buff. Not sure what it would be, but I think a few tweaks in favor of the burgs wouldn't break pvmp. But please, spare me the notion of reavers being OP. I didn't see you crying nerf when burglars were 1v1 gods post RoI.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    At Lvl. 65, it took 4 Burgs to SS-one-shot a Creep. I.E. 4 Players Surprise Striking a single Player to kill him.

    At Lvl. 85, it will take 10-15 Burgs to do the same.
    10-15 horribly geared burgs, maybe.

    Seriously, what kind of burgs do you have on your server? A good burg should get at least 3k on a surprise strike from stealth. Most wargs have about 16-18k health. Do the math there bud. That's 6 burgs, assuming none of them devastate. For a reaver with 24k health (and not all have that), it'll take 8.

    But even if what you say is true, why on earth would devs try to balance a class, much less the whole moors, around how easy/hard it is for multiple numbers of a class to "1 shot" another class?

    Care to find out how many Reavers it would take to "1 shot" a burg?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    The Burglar skillset is currently one of the least effective PvP skillsets available on Freepside. The Moors design (Audacity/Pots/Skillset) counters everything that once made a Burglar a lethal opponent. The same cannot be said for other Freep classes or the opposing faction.
    You should know that the burg skillset does include more than just Surprise strike--DitE--Startling Twist--crit chain--crit chain--crit chain.

    I realize that's all you needed to win in the past, but...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000e1dea/signature.png]Andrag[/charsig]

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    I realize that's all you needed to win in the past, but...
    ^ Wins Lotro

    Gamblin' Burg here... as of RoR that is. Y'all just need to train your creeps better, spider reflect? No burg for him, unless he is willing to wait around for me to regen (at a safe distance) Reaver wrath, more then one bleed on ya? good luck keeping up (I'm always at +20% run speed for reavers, coffee and 3 peice unseen set), if you do catch me one of my cooldowns is dropping. 20 second reset time on DR and the Debuffing gamble is pure win.
    Stylen R13 Warg
    Lincor R6 Minstrel, Alluthir R6 Champ, Inbur R10 Burg

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    ^.^ But they were so awesome back then and not a bit too strong balance wise,and now they are so weak its all just not fun anymore..
    As ive said in other threads I dont recall freep outrage when they were facerolling creeps. Burgs were top of the food chain for a while, now they arent. Now understand not being happy about the drop, im not happy my wargs dps wasnt scaled up but people are just going to have to adapt.

    Burgs on my creep server seem to GT off the RvR's and hit the low rank defilers in the back. An excellent adaptation of the current circumstance.



    Well said,lots of RoI enjoying freeps are now on creepside alot more,but ofc that has nothing to do with the balance shift or anything..
    I play a Warg, a hunter and a WL in the moors. Ive tried many other toons nothing fit for me. A lot of people simply use video games as a means to prop their ego. I dont have an issue with that, honestly i use all sorts of material to motivate myself IRL. That said this is the first time in a long time where creeps are top dog and its telling to see the population shifts. As ive said I have a lot of respect for the freeps who stick with their toons and classes and are out every night, they know who they are.



    Well,in the case of beeing outnumbered no,no skill will save you.. however in 1v1 fights skill and knowledge,movement etc matter a bit more for Burgs now imo,those Burgs that killed everything pretty easy during RoI or before find themselves in a situation now where they have to use their skills/movement etc with some thought behind it to win fights. A good played Burg is still a pain for any good played reaver,i just think there arent many of those Burgs around,cause alot of burgs just used i win skills to get a fight over with,never really learning how to fight if such skills dont mean a sure win.
    Good burgs can still destroy most creeps (see alsander) these are the people who excel at their class and excel at the game in general. Average players should have a 50/50 shot at winning, part of the problem is with burgs a lot of them havent been forced to invest a lot of time in going deep into the class and examining how it works situationally. Its also the case, in my view, that burgs (like wargs) have to pick moments and that increases the odds dramatically.

    There is no shame in killing someone whos lost half their morale from an NPC and you pop them at the door. There is no shame in waiting for the freep to pull 4 goblins in grothum before you pounce. You play smart as a stealth class you should win more then you loose.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangaar View Post
    thats a damn good burg there
    Yeah, nothing like losing to a clicker.

    Also, why don't those Creeps pot their stuns/riddles? Is this a Vilya thing?

    And since when do Weavers melee all damn day? What's the point of dropping WtE if you're just going to sit in his frontal arc?
    Last edited by BrittainTheCommie; Jan 10 2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    47
    I rolled a champ when the update came out; being able to kill every single thing that crossed my Reaver's path without even really applying myself (Aside from a select few) really became dull and took a lot of the challenge away. I missed playing as the underdog, because the only thing that is better than facerolling as the OP class is being able to kick the OP class in the *~# and walk away with dat feel. i know im talking about a champ in a burg thread, and I made no real point towards the OP in the first place, but im just saying that its fun too take a weak class into the moors (not refferring to champ because they are alright right now but not much of a challenge for reavers anymore) and challenging yourself. When people at least your rank or higher run away from you when they see your name, you know you're doing something right.



    Kill ALL the Reavers
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0100001a18bf/signature.png]Macintosh[/charsig]

    <

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload