We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation My old LOTRO account.

Hi everyone,

I hope that some1 can help me out with a little issue i've ran in to.

About 4 years ago, I started playing Lord of the Rings Online as gift for my birthday, I've player everyday during the 2 years afterwards. About 2 years back, i had to leave home to start working in France for 2 years. I wasn't able to play lotro at that time, which blocked me from transferring my account to the new Turbine system.

I've tried everything to get my old account back, I've sent some e-mails to the codemasters customers service, but I haven't heard anything back from them yet.

I am a 100% sure that my account data is still stored somewhere. I've tried to create a new lotro account using 2 of my old login names, but it turned out that they were still taken. The same thing happened when I tried to create characters on my old server. The chances of my names being taken is about 0,001%, therefor I do think that my old account still exsists, I just can't access it.

I have not changed my password or my e-mail adress, but when I request a new password I do not receive any e-mail.

Please guys, I've spent thousands of dollar and sooooo much time into this game, I really need help on this issue.

Thanks for reading this, and thank you for any future responses.

Cheers,

Mike.

You seem to have been with Codemasters previously. Codemasters no longer has ANYTHING to do with LOTRO. If you missed the 6 month migration period and all the notices, the link between your personal information and your characters is gone forever. The characters will still be there taking up space, but due to EU privacy law, CM could not just give Turbine your information. You had to have OKed that in order to play the same account under Turbine, but as you presumably didn't, Turbine has no way of knowing or proving which account is yours. There is no possible way to get your characters back. If you don't want to believe that, just do a search of the forums and the dev tracker, or listen to the dozen people about to say what I just said, or even contact Turbine support, but sorry to say, you will not get your characters back, and all that money you spent on the game now gives you nothing.
    Last edited by Nakiami; Jan 09 2013 at 07:21 PM.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

My old Turbine points.

What about my old turbine points, I had 2000 points saved up, i've got an email confirming it. Is there any way to get anything back, or at least get a refund for all the damage done?

Quote Originally Posted by Girshlak View Post
    What about my old turbine points, I had 2000 points saved up, i've got an email confirming it. Is there any way to get anything back, or at least get a refund for all the damage done?
    Nope. Sorry. It is gone. Everthing you owned, bought from and maintained by Codemasters. As part of the service take over, Turbine gave Codemasters six months or so to move their stuff from Codemasters to Turbine.

I do not what European business practices and law are on this area. In the USA, it is very common when this situation occurs that you have a limited time to claim, migrate or transfer. It occurs for court settements, participating in lawsuits, getting a piece of the pie when a company goes out of business, getting your benefits with a company transferred when the company is bought ...
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I don't think that this is the way to treat customers... That i've lost my stuff, okay... But I deserve some kind of compensation. I've spent a lot of money on this game, i've spent money on my new account aswell and you guys are just leaving me hanging in my opinion.