We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Instance finder suggestions

Instance finder cold benefit froma few improvements:
    -there is no way to put a search for a generic 12-man skirms or instances, you must form the raid first and later use the "specific" tab to launch the raid.
    -we can not see what other players are looking for. not all players use LFF and not all servers have glff

Right now there is a demand for BG and skirmish 12-man raids and a lesser demand for 3-man erebor instances. When i have time to raid, i would happily do any of these, but a 12-man raid is a tedious process of invites and usually its just BG farming, even when there is a demand for skirmish drops.

And if i can see what other players are seraching, i could join instances that i need, but are so rare right now that most related deeds will remain open, like anumminas, fornost, most moria instances, draigoch, isengard and LLG.

Not Signed. Leave the instance finder as useless as it is now for finding groups. Why you may ask? Just look at the people that are searching in lff/glff for BG. Most of them are that bad equiped that i would not take them with me on a full T1 clear, but they are searching for T2.

If the instance finder would make it possible, to build groups for raids with those people, the raids are doomed to fail. Then, all the people would start crying on the forum, that the raids are to hard (instead of making the right conclusing that they have bad equipment/cant play their class). The result will either be a complete dump of the raiding content, that everyone could finish it while rolling their heads over the keyboard, or a lot of really unsatisfied players...

PS: If you think, i am elitist or something like that .. No, i am not, but players that met one of the following criteria
    - Not foccussed on their mainstat (tank equip on minis, will on captains, more vita than might on a champion, ...)
    - No relics in their legendary weapons (must not be T9 - T6 are easy to get and a nice boost)
    - No uptodate legendary weapons. I have seen DDs with 75 3rd age legendary looking for durchest
    - No legendary skills
    are happing way to often and those players are no help in trying to finish a raid. And this is only the beginning (I am not talking about the legendary weapons i am seeing (legacy wise))

the answer is to add a group creator to be a companion to the group finder. A person can choose to be randomly matched or just put on a list of available players for a instance/raid. The group creators can then inspect and choose from the list to make their team. There you go turbine I expect a consulting fee for solving your group finder issue.
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    the answer is to add a group creator to be a companion to the group finder. A person can choose to be randomly matched or just put on a list of available players for a instance/raid. The group creators can then inspect and choose from the list to make their team. There you go turbine I expect a consulting fee for solving your group finder issue.
    beat me to that suggestion.

That lack of utility in the current instance finder meant back when people actually tried it out the bad experiences out numbered the good ones, and it is now basically ignored beyond by pre-made groups looking for a currency bonus. Things get ugly when a bunch of players with little or no experience with an instance get tossed together and no one is capable of leading, especially since many seem to select t2 whether they're ready for it or not.

Given the limited useability of the current instance finder and the effort and fanfare that went into producing it in its current state I doubt turbine has the resources or ability to upgrade it so that leaders can manually inspect and choose from the pool of available players for an instance, unfortunately.

Just roll the bonuses into the instance join panel and be done with the IF, its dead for its intended purpose already.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]