We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    17

    Angry This is ridiculous!!

    3 months into the expansion and it has been nothing but a straight forward gv camop nonstop! creeps hold every op and keep out. freep names ive never even heard of suddenly appear at rank 12-14...... GMs helping us!? people farming alt account cuz its just to dang hard to fight for real, thus giveing them a high rank without faceing real action!? wich is it? both are obcene! i realize there cant be perfect balance with two different sides with with different classes and different skills....it just wont happen. but the fact that over 2 dozen of the freeps on my server have become inactive or flat out quit...most of them highly ranked, full audacity wearing, op monsters who would be considered a ''lotro diehards'' is hurting us, BAD!! freep side is now a ''p2l'' (pay to loose) expereince. creeps can get there first 7 audacity at less than 1k coms a pop..while freeps need 4k for there cheapest peice. not to mention the lagg...SWEET JESUS THE LAGG!!!! creeps and freeps both have come out of the wood work makeing pvp a ''raid baby'' game cause crazy bad lag. i perfer to solo, and im prepared to face the consiquinces of geting zerged here and there. but creep numbers compared to freeps are overwhelmingly against us, each play session i encounter the ''outnumbered buff'' at least once, combined with op buffs(wich creeps always have) it becomes to hard. please leave freindly coments, im tired of getting the 'learn to play your charecter' from EZ moders who dont have to worry about gearing and leveling.

  2. #2
    While I agree with most of the points (holy &&&& the lag. It's not our comps Turbine, man up and take responsibility for your own freaking game), this was a poorly constructed and rage filled post.

    TBH, the reason most of the freeps left was because they can't faceroll anymore.

    Great fights are possible, freeps just have to group up and not feed the GV camp. Solo play is (unfortunately) essentially gone due to Turbine's design decisions. This is the way they wanted PvP to go so we're stuck with it. If you want an example of good action (or better than a gv camp) ask some of the freeps that were on E tonight what they did. There were some great fights all around the map as we battled for keeps and ops. Only stopped by bed times, for those with work, and by the horrific lag.

    BTW, how is it possible to be running at 70+ fps and still have 5+ seconds of skill lag (if you're able to get them off at all)??? lol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000011a1c9/signature.png]Feelmybite[/charsig]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    17

    Question

    but what i still dont understand is why everyone is raiding now. ive seen people who used to hate raids and never join them leading them now... its like there brainwashed :O lol i mean...its only become a raid game because weve made it that way. raid v raid instead of fellow vs fellow with a few solos runnning around. essentialy, every player is in the mindless raid now or tagging along close behind. i dont understand how turbine could have done that to the moors....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Graveyard/friedhof
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Range View Post
    .
    When we have some balance, we refused fight cuz faceroll is much better then learn play your class

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Samus1111111 View Post
    TBH, the reason most of the freeps left was because they can't faceroll anymore.
    This just simply isn't true. Elendilmir is its own beast and does not seem to see the pains that most of the smaller servers see. Many freeps left because quite simply it became too much work.

    You used to be able to enter the zone and find the fight within a few minutes (granted because it was always at either OC, EC or TA and that could also be boring) now we have to circle the map twice to find action. By the time you find a fight now, you pretty much get mugged by a warg, 3 spiders and 2 defilers. The only thing that drops faster than your health is your power, and after death now you have to run across the zone again and swim across a river because TA is now a perma-creep hole on the map.

    I personally often get tired of the long run from GV to EC after every death because every single keep and OP is creep controlled every moment of the day. The reward never matches the time spent because we never seem to have any renown buffs and actually finding a good fight isn't possible because no creep is actually able to slip out of sight of a defiler who is looking to get that heal tag.

  6. #6
    Doesn't need much analysis.. RoR's pvp = FAIL

    It depends on your wallet if you still don't care to pay every month for a bad product..

  7. #7
    All depends on the server I guess
    On Meneldor, we have seen better pvp than ever since RoR, mainly because freeps started grouping(And maybe a few other factors). So IMO its either freeps need to learn that they are going to have to group in order to get things done, or continue to get camped.

  8. #8
    4fps raid fights on a amazing computer
    entire tribes with mordriths brand (one is called brand ftw)
    Call-out map-in flash zergs for every freep solo or fair fight
    TR autoflips every hour and sometimes twice in 10min.

    That is probably why they stopped playing.

  9. #9
    RoR's pvp is designed for full raidvraid but turbine's servers unfortunatelly are not able to support this..

    That's why we have running up and down soloers from gv to red tr and Lord of the rings transformed to Lord of the run

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by jivius View Post
    Doesn't need much analysis.. RoR's pvp = FAIL

    It depends on your wallet if you still don't care to pay every month for a bad product..
    Quote Originally Posted by jivius View Post
    RoR's pvp is designed for full raidvraid but turbine's servers unfortunatelly are not able to support this..

    That's why we have running up and down soloers from gv to red tr and Lord of the rings transformed to Lord of the run
    In other words it's only the change from freep solo PvMP to RvR in PvMP... a fair trade I think, not to mention a whole lot more fun as well

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzuki View Post
    This just simply isn't true. Elendilmir is its own beast and does not seem to see the pains that most of the smaller servers see. Many freeps left because quite simply it became too much work.

    You used to be able to enter the zone and find the fight within a few minutes (granted because it was always at either OC, EC or TA and that could also be boring) now we have to circle the map twice to find action. By the time you find a fight now, you pretty much get mugged by a warg, 3 spiders and 2 defilers. The only thing that drops faster than your health is your power, and after death now you have to run across the zone again and swim across a river because TA is now a perma-creep hole on the map.

    I personally often get tired of the long run from GV to EC after every death because every single keep and OP is creep controlled every moment of the day. The reward never matches the time spent because we never seem to have any renown buffs and actually finding a good fight isn't possible because no creep is actually able to slip out of sight of a defiler who is looking to get that heal tag.
    You arent being completely honest about how it "used to be" are you. It used to be freeps were doing the mugging. I see lots of problems with the moors on both sides, but what I see as the most prevelant issue for freeps is youve had it easy for a long time. PVE is a joke in this game have you ever had any issues in any zone at all? Maybe a sloppy pull here or there but most of it was a faceroll, it was for me on several toons.

    The moors wasnt much different, you could run with a 6 man and wipe 12 man creep raids. Cant do it anymore, your odds on a 6v6 is 50/50 probably less because freeps havent had to focus on their grouping mechanics in the moors for a long time. I run my warg on a small server, every single keep and OP isnt controlled every moment of the day by creeps.

    Maybe your server is different but these sniffling, QQ filled, absolute statement filled posts by freep players is part of the problem. You see all those spiders running around now, who do you think those people are? Their former freep players thats who. There seems to be a large segment of the PvP community here that will jump to the most powerful side everytime, they dont like to die and they dont like a challenge in my view.

    It was the same way when wargs were FOTM, remember? The game, toon to toon is more balanced now then it has been in a long time. The main problem we have in the moors now is populations and a lot of that can be attributed directly to people flipping to the more OP side. Wanna bet the OP has a spider or a reaver on the server he freeps on?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralin View Post
    In other words it's only the change from freep solo PvMP to RvR in PvMP... a fair trade I think, not to mention a whole lot more fun as well
    By the time that

    RaidvRaid means lag for half players = FAIL pvp

    Most of the players on both sides don't have any fun after RoR
    Last edited by jivius; Jan 09 2013 at 08:28 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by Samus1111111 View Post

    TBH, the reason most of the freeps left was because they can't faceroll anymore.
    I disagree with this statement almost entirely.

    While yes, there are players who solely play on the more dominant side of the moors, very few actually left because it became hard. Most others I've ever grouped with (in and out of kin) truly do appreciate a challenge, and welcome new struggles in the moors, because ultimately those are what make you a better player.

    People aren't leaving because they cant faceroll, people are leaving because they literally can't play with the lag, or they just can't play with the current state of the moors with the ridiculous OP buffs.

    There are times on my days off when I want nothing more than to be able to log in in the morning or afternoon and just go out and solo and have some success, but the only thing I can do is form up a group of freeps who know nothing about their class and wipe to an even larger group of creeps, and truthfully I don't feel like doing that.

    Freeps are leaving because it's no fun anymore. Same reasons why creeps left in RoI, it just wan't fun for them anymore.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Penionn View Post
    People aren't leaving because they cant faceroll, people are leaving because they literally can't play with the lag, or they just can't play with the current state of the moors with the ridiculous OP buffs.
    This is legit IMHO. Ive been freepside on riddermark and the lag was pretty bad. Cant blame freeps for leaving if lag is the reason.

  15. #15
    The potential for zerging has always existed, however I think it was the implementation of renown sharing that opened the flood gates to force players into the zerg mentality. Here is how it works.

    In the past Creeps and Freep preferred to take all the I/R for themselves rather than share it with taggers. This mentality changed when the way R/I was divided up changed. Now it is preferable to share renown by calling out in OOC. This is where the zerging gets started.....

    Freeps get called out in ooc
    Flash-Zerg maps in simultaneously and outnumbers the freep or freeps
    After days of this Freeps decide they will have to roll in equal zergs to counter the map in flash-zergs
    Creeps see the now constant freep zergs and start to roll in zergs themselves.
    Everyone is now zerged.

    I am not casting any blame here I just truly believe that this is the true source of the zergVzerg we now have on many servers. I think that one way to help reduce the zerging is to call out in tribe rather than OOC or not call out at all if you already have a fair fight.

    There are so many screwed up things in the moors right now that I can't see clearly enough to tell if we are balanced RvR How can I compare my raid to creeps at 4fps? How can I compare my group to the creep group when their entire group is popping consecutive box brands? When you get down to the actual RvR without the mitigating factors it has the feeling of finally being balanced, but who can tell for sure when there is so many garbage variables to play through?
    Last edited by Armitas; Jan 09 2013 at 10:04 AM.

  16. #16
    How about instead of constantly telling freeps to learn to group, creeps learn to solo and small group? You all are strong enough now, it's ok you can do it. Dying isn't permanent.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    You arent being completely honest about how it "used to be" are you. It used to be freeps were doing the mugging. I see lots of problems with the moors on both sides, but what I see as the most prevelant issue for freeps is youve had it easy for a long time. PVE is a joke in this game have you ever had any issues in any zone at all? Maybe a sloppy pull here or there but most of it was a faceroll, it was for me on several toons.
    This is exactly right. If freeps played together (grouped or ungrouped), they can easily wipe just about any creep group unless they're grossly outnumbered. The problem is currently the old solo'ing mindset that no one's really gotten over, the moors have changed. For good or better, it doesn't matter. The game is what it is, we're all forced to play the way Turbine wants us to, so it's up to us to accept and adapt. Trust me, the game becomes much more fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    The moors wasnt much different, you could run with a 6 man and wipe 12 man creep raids. Cant do it anymore, your odds on a 6v6 is 50/50 probably less because freeps havent had to focus on their grouping mechanics in the moors for a long time. I run my warg on a small server, every single keep and OP isnt controlled every moment of the day by creeps.
    About time this "sort of" balance has been achieved, it's been far too long to get to this point. The moors is the most balanced in the 5 years I've been playing this time. Finally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Maybe your server is different but these sniffling, QQ filled, absolute statement filled posts by freep players is part of the problem. You see all those spiders running around now, who do you think those people are? Their former freep players thats who. There seems to be a large segment of the PvP community here that will jump to the most powerful side everytime, they dont like to die and they dont like a challenge in my view.
    Pretty much spot on, unfortunately. And I bet those players have a ranked BA back when fire dots stacked.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    How about instead of constantly telling freeps to learn to group, creeps learn to solo and small group? You all are strong enough now, it's ok you can do it. Dying isn't permanent.
    Thats not an unfair remark.

    However it is server specific but the issue is a bit more complex then "creeps learn to solo". The creep has 3 choices to get his rank/skills. Solo, group, or the store, two of which occur in a PvP zone. Freeps dont have to worry about that, they can rank and get their full compliment of skills in the safety of the PVE zones.

    You talking about R6+ creeps? Ok legit comment, anything lower then that and well id disagree. Not every creep out there is store bought, a lot of the VIP freeps who have flipped are. The other aspect of it is culture, this is one of the first periods in a long time where a ranked creep can actually solo and survive (not just wargs). I see some on my server, but the norm is raiding up cant dispute that.

  19. #19
    On Firefoot there are normally so many more creeps than freeps, and soloing is not an option. That is fine with me, What my issue is when i get into a fellow (I'm almost NEVER in a raid), like 5 or 6 freep group, the creeps quit playing until we go away. We still die, but creeps die a lot more, I think freeps grouped up are still more powerful than creeps grouped up, which is why it makes sense for creeps to have at least double the numbers. But can't seem to find any creeps that want to play with a fellowship of freeps :/. Guess that's what happens when they are all farmers.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    13,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Samus1111111 View Post
    TBH, the reason most of the freeps left was because they can't faceroll anymore.
    If this is true (and I don't believe that it is) then the fault lies with the same people because the socalled face-rollers are playing creeps right now. Both sides are largely populated by the same people so such arguments don't hold much water for me. The game I see on Brandywine is numbers. If freeps have the personnel then they can, and do, turn the map blue. When there are few freeps on then people just seem to jump on their creeps and group up to kill the remaining freeps.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Samus1111111 View Post
    TBH, the reason most of the freeps left was because they can't faceroll anymore.
    Oh bs. Most freeps left because if they try to group up to match the numbers they are facing they just completely skill lock while the creeps keep on killing.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    How about instead of constantly telling freeps to learn to group, creeps learn to solo and small group? You all are strong enough now, it's ok you can do it. Dying isn't permanent.
    Best comment I ever read here

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartober View Post
    Oh bs. Most freeps left because if they try to group up to match the numbers they are facing they just completely skill lock while the creeps keep on killing.
    Uhuh... that's why last night when we had ~2 freep raids vs. ~2 creep raids the creeps were completely unable to get a skill off while the freeps were? Yep, L2Group.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000011a1c9/signature.png]Feelmybite[/charsig]

  24. #24
    Interesting to know what was discussed around the design table for the RoR moors update...

    A. Servers can't handle RvR action (lag/bugs etc)
    B. The majority of the time on most (all) servers there aren't even numbers for RvR

    A+B = lets design the game around RvR play!....the majority of the servers for the majority of time won't have raid numbers out...but that's ok....because when they do it will be unplayable!....huh?

    Turbine needs to address/fix the lag issues and then look into server merges and/or creating a common moors server/map that several servers share.

    --------
    As an aside, now that balance is closer, imho they need to reduce even further the mind numbing grinds on freepside (w/o the store being the go to solution). Previously the creep:freep balance allowed for sub par geared freeps to be very viable, and the prospect of eventual "OP" status was a draw for many. At the moment the grind time to effectiveness is too heavily skewed to creepside (and seems to be getting worse each update) -----think about a new player trying out the game, or a current creep player thinking of leveling a freep to even out sides eventually. Its a long haul freepside to achieve effectiveness in the moors today (leveling, gear, rep, crafting(relics), LIs(scrolls, relics etc - for multiple roles), virtues, traits etc etc) <--- I don't know how even the pve community puts up with so much grind. ....atm its much easier for a disillusioned freep to roll a new spider and worsen (I mean "contribute") to PvP, then it is for a creep to flip and roll a new freep. <---which along with everything else contributes to the issues.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Samus1111111 View Post
    Uhuh... that's why last night when we had ~2 freep raids vs. ~2 creep raids the creeps were completely unable to get a skill off while the freeps were? Yep, L2Group.
    Tell me another story.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload